Statesville, NC
Bell & Howard Chevrolet DGC Share
Uploaded By: doink32 Hole #10 (Taken 5/2013)

1 2 3 Next >
 C = As average as the come

1    4/8/2008   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- B+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- C
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C

Statesville

5+    8/8/2008   1/13/2009
Review By: _.-Dut-._
Pros: Course offers a great selection of shots and a good variety of open and wooded holes. Front Nine is mainly in the open but offers some fun holes, the back nine is mainly wooded but has nicely shaped fairways. The back nine also makes great use of elevation. Getting from one tee to the next is very easy to navigate and starts and ends in the parking lot.
Cons: Overgrowth is pretty bad on some holes and you can use up quite a bit of time searching for discs. You also have to drive from the front nine parking lot to a different parking area for the back nine. Lack of facilities.
Other Thoughts: This course would easily score much higher if the parking and overgrowth issues were fixed. I think its worth taking a trip to play as it is an enjoyable course in a nice park.

Statesville 1

5/31/2008   5/31/2008
Review By: bgreen
Pros: This will be a very good course, with the growth and up keep continues. There are many holes that are challenging, with hard left an right turns and lots of overgrowth. The back 9 has some tough basket placement but with some well placed thumbers and overhands you can get there. There is a good mix of open, closed tunel, and open sky over and around tree holes.
Cons: Some of the growth needs to be trimed yet. There needs to be additional arrow signs to let you know where the next hole is and areas you want to throw to to be able to dog leg into the woods. It has the feel of 2 different courses and a bridge needs to be made so you don't have to drive around to the back 9.
Other Thoughts: This course uses much of the utilities right of way so I would be concerned on how offten it will get cut. There is supose to be a way you can play the course without driving. Play 1-5 after 5 cross the creek on the pipe and play 16-18 then 10-15; cross back over the pipe and play 6-9. I did not know this till I was on 10 and meet some regs. I was told that on Sundays ther is an mixed doubles. It can be VERY good with a little more work.

1 2 3 Next >