Elon, NC
Beth Schmidt Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: LeeLK Hole #8 (Taken 4/2014)

Course under construction

1    4/26/2014   4/26/2014
Review By: LeeLK
Pros: 4 nice pads, 8 nice baskets. Short enough to be a fun ace run course.
Cons: No pads for 5 holes, 1 basket is in bad shape. The course/park is currently under construction so there's obstacles everywhere. It just doesn't seem like it plays like it was intended to.
Other Thoughts: I would barely call this a playable course unless you just want to randomly pick where to throw from for most of the holes and also be dodging construction debris.

fun, sorta

1    5/18/2013   6/3/2013
Review By: reposado
This review was updated on 11/6/2013
Pros: It's a nice course for beginners. And I mean, beginners. Most will grow out of this course vary quickly. But it can definitely be fun. The entire nine holes can be played in about fifteen minutes. A lot of the holes are fairly quirky.

It is a nice looking park, and if you can avoid the street, you can have an enjoyable experience on the way to somewhere else while warming up the putter.
Cons: Strangely, there are nice cement tees for four of the holes. The rest? Well not only is there no tee or sign, there is no earthly way to identify where to tee off from other than by estimating from the course map. And it is a pretty rough estimation.

That's fine though really. It's a short course, and if you play it more than once(why you'd bother to show up and play only nine holes I can't imagine) you can set your own spots for the tees. The big issue here, for a short course, is how many of the holes are parallel to a busy road. Six, the longest hole, is a griplock disaster waiting to happen.

And beyond the major problems, its not a very good layout. The first hole is a long putt. The others have a bit more distance but for the most part, are no more interesting. Most of the holes are about a hundred feet and then a sharp turn.

I know I get a lot of crap for negative reviews...but

1    9/8/2011   9/10/2011
Review By: NCSU2002
Pros: Park is beautiful, nice landscaping, fountains, gazebos etc.
It also has nice baskets with the exception of either 7 or 8 which has a car rim on top with some chains hanging from it, but at least they fixed, but our group missed some putts on this one(not neccessarily blaming the basket.
Certainly some ace opportunities--I think I read someone said that #1 is 69 ft--it's short and the basket is signed a bunch of times. A pity my buds were in a hurry to get to cedarock when we played this--I would bet I could hole one If I had thrown the whole bag (about 22 discs) at it.

2 of the holes in the woods are pretty standard and a little longer, so they were ok, then there were a couple short ones where there was no apparent throwing lane and you kind of had to chuck and pray.
This would be a very good course to bring young kids or practice putting
Cons: #1 is a joke, my buddy could not believe we had the hole/pad combo right cause it is the shortest hole by far I have ever seen, I mean I practice 60 ft putts on the practice basket all the time and that is pretty much what you've got here except for the two "goalpost" which narrow the window to 10 ft or so in front of the basket.

Construction on the road has ruined 2-5 or so (which is kind of a big deal when only 9 holes) There are no tee pads for these that we could find, so we made up our own. Even once this is fixed, these holes can't be of any length.
You have to play across and around these little fenced in garden areas and hole #2 backs up within 5 feet or so of this, so pretty easy to put a disc in there and it seems a shame to trample in there to get it.
Other Thoughts: I don't think I would stop to play this course (at least until the road construction is complete and they retool) if I was driving right by it and had free time. Cedarock and Wellspring are within maybe 8 miles and they are great courses. Also if you do decide to go, look sharp on the right side (coming from 85) because the park sign is pretty much impossible to see.
Would not recommend for any intermediate to Pro players unless you just want to fool around.

I do hate to be negative, because I definetly want to encourage municipalities to build courses for us and anything that exposes more people to the sport is a positive, so I guess that's why I rated it as highly as I did.

Least they are trying!

1    5/13/2011   5/13/2011
Review By: Borrachos
Pros: Quick to play if your in a hurry
Good for mid-range practice
Good for younger kids learning the game
Well maintained
If you're searching for an ace, this is the place
Cons: Road construction prevented me from playing 2-5
Extremely short
Uncreative
Other Thoughts: I was on my way home (eastern nc) from Charlotte and stopped at a restaurant in Elon and remembered there was a DG course in the area. Glad it was short, so I could get back on the road, but I thought the first hole was a joke. Then I saw the mailbox with the scorecards (add that to the Pros) and, yep, the first hole 69ft. I may come back out for an attempt at the world record for most aces in one day haha. I have two young children and if I lived closer I would definitely use this as a starter course for them. This is what the course is so experienced players should bypass this course. Either way there are tee pads and a basket to throw at which was incentive enough for me to check it out.

7-9 were interesting holes. I think if they want all short holes they should put them all in the woods.