Elon, NC
Beth Schmidt Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: YonderScott Hole #7 (Taken 3/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Trey133

2-4    10/14/2009   1/14/2010
Review By: Trey133
Pros: The scenery of this course is beautiful. Lovely eye catching flowers all over the area. Well maintained and kept up. FUN. Everything is an ace run! Very short, bring a couple putters and have a blast.
Cons: Too short to really be a challenge. Some homemade baskets that really don't catch at all... even good shots bounce out.
Other Thoughts: Great little course to have fun on while on your way to play the Burlington courses!

elon disc golf

5+    1/8/2009   1/8/2009
Review By: andyclpp
Pros: Fun for new players like myself, holes are easy for begginers but could be good practice for anyone, good place to practice technique
Cons: Short, you dont need to use a driver
Other Thoughts: I made my first ace here on hole one. The only one I have made yet.

My first course

5+    11/16/2008   11/16/2008
Review By: winstone31
Pros: I just began playing disc golf in August. This is where I first started playing and learned the basics. It is a good course to learn on as well as teach others to play. It's also a good course to play when you only have a few minutes to get in a quick game.
Cons: I can play the entire course with my wolf and birdie every hole. I imagine more experienced players could almost ace every hole.

Beginner course

2-4    10/12/2008   11/12/2008
Review By: Tyson
This review was updated on 8/3/2009
Pros: Below average, short course where I can reach every hole with a putter. I stop here for approach practice if I have to be in the area. Takes 15-20 mins. to complete. I would not drive out to this course unless you have small children to teach the game to, or would like a park that is handicapp accessible. It is that, and that is pretty cool.
Cons: 9 holes, basket damage
Other Thoughts: I have played there 2-3 times, and really do not drive out of my way to get there. I will ace hole #1 very soon, I usually throw it a bunch as it is about 70 feet, and very aceable.

Putt and Putt

1    10/29/2008   10/29/2008
Review By: dbhill_nc
Pros: This is a good place to teach people how to place disc golf. It is a beginner's course to the extreme (a couple of holes are less than 100 ft). The first 5 holes are handicap accessible, which is a nice thing to see. The last 4 holes are slightly more challenging. However, since the course is not heavily used, it is pretty easy to create your own holes.

This is the type of course you can just take a Roc to, though hole 7 offers a couple of different ways to the basket, and 8 is very tight if you go straight at it (you will shoot through a gap of maybe 4 feet between trees that are < 10 ft. in front of the pen - good way to learn to control your release).

Overall the park is well keep, has a wonderful playground, a Koi pond, walking trails, etc..
Cons: Again, the course is very, very short. The top basket on # 7 is car wheel sans tire. There can be a little bit of traffic with walkers and joggers on 7 & 8. The distances on the score cards can't be right, but the lay out is.
Other Thoughts: Don't plan a trip to come play this course unless you are teaching a kid how to play, and even then, don't drive far to get here. If you live in the area and want to get in a few hole / chipping and putting practice, or teach your kid how to play, then it serves it purpose

1 2 Next >