Canton, IL
Big Creek Park Share
Uploaded By: gregwil2 Hole #11 (Taken 11/2011)
3 / 270ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

2-4    7/24/2014   7/23/2014
Review By: JohtoVillage
Pros: Big Creek Park is a short and easy course that is not a hard play. Here are my pros:

1) Awesome signs that really do a great job of laying out the hole.

2) Hole 18! This was such a surprising hole to come to after playing 17 holes that were nothing like this hole. This hole almost felt out of place but its a huge pro for me because I love great finishing holes and I like to air the disc out and this bomber hole satisfied both of those for me.

3) Navigation was very easy - its a huge plus for me when I can get through a course without any issues and without having to pull out a map.

4) The course actually had some nice elevation and allowed for some nice ace runs. If I can't play a challenging course I don't mind playing a course that allows for some ace runs.

5) This is a great "everyday" course. Its an easy play and really a quick play.

6) Memorable holes for me included 9 and 16. Hole 9 is a slightly downhill, low ceiling shot that requires a perfect shot to get in the circle. Even though its only 325 feet its a tough line to hit and if you hit it you feel like you have thrown a great shot. Hole 16 is just a fun shot to throw as its a nice downhill hole with a real chance at an ace.
Cons: Here are my cons for this course:

1) Some of the holes were just too open for me. They were very easy and I felt that maybe some of the more wooded areas of the park could have been used. There also was a nice creek that would have been great to see utilized. If holes had utilized this water hazard I could easily see this course being a 3.5 or above. Unfortunately the course didn't have a lot of memorable holes and a lot of times came close to the creek but didn't really use the creek.

2) This course was very easy. Through the first 17 holes this course was mostly a deuce or die course. Hole 18 is actually a nice par 4 but up until that hole the park was fairly easy.

3) Like with most easy courses, bad shots simply don't get punished. The fact that its mostly an open course means that saving par is not a hard thing. There is not a lot of challenge here except for hole 18 and even then the main challenge there is the distance.

Other Thoughts: This is not a bad course by any means. I think this course is an average course that could have been better if more wooded areas of the park had been used. There is nothing spectacular about the course but its worthy of an Average/Typical rating.

nice quick rec course

1    9/7/2009   9/8/2009
Review By: hognosesucker
Pros: -concrete pads
-easy to navigate
-good use of elevation (many uphill and downhill shots)
-some shot variety (1 hole was a rhbh anny, many straight shots, a couple hyzers)
-some variety in length (3 holes over 300', 1 700' hole, most well below 300'
-portajohns at the 1st hole
-single use area of the park
-well maintained
Cons: -some of the tee signs were missing or broken
-no facilities besides portajohns
-most of the course was wide open, only 4 or 5 holes were wooded
-Pin placements were lacking imagination-most were placed near trees but not close enough to them to be obstacles
-teepads were a bit short
Other Thoughts: Overall, this course is a good rec course, but I was really let down when I saw the area of the park that wasn't utilized (nice forest, a creek running through the bottom land). They could have made an easy par 54 course into a tough par 60 course no problem.

At the same time they did utilize the available elevation well. Overall a nice rec course.