Pros: -very clean park
-easy to navigate
-nice hole maps at each tee
-all concrete tee pads
-some good variation in holes
Cons: -some very simple treeless holes
Other Thoughts: I play here all the time and always look forward to it. Good course for all levels of players.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
A Hidden Gem
Pros: - A tournament-quality 18-hole course with cement tee pads and optional grass pro tees for every hole. Park is also large enough to accomodate additional holes which could be added in the future to make the course even more outstanding.
- Excellent variety of holes. The course has a little of everything: wide open, tight and wooded, finesse, bombing, lefty, righty, uphill and downhill.
- Beautiful landscape. The course is set among rolling hills, covered with a wide variety of large trees, with mowed grass fairways throughout. A great place for a walk or a picnic, even without a bag full of discs.
- Blue pro tees are extremely challenging and make the course 8 or 9 strokes more difficult. If you play a round on the concrete tees first and then play the pro tees, it's almost like playing a totally different course.
- Plenty of space for parking and pre-round warm-ups.
Cons: - Some tee signs missing, damaged or defaced.
- Tee pads were a little shorter than I'd like and were sometimes placed at an odd angle (uphill or pointing directly at a tree).
- Blue pro tees could be hard to find without a course map (blue bricks placed in the ground).
Other Thoughts: I played this course for the first time at a tournament this weekend and was completely blown away. It's located in a small town about 30 miles off the interstate - a true hidden gem. If this course were closer to me, I'd play it at least once a week. This course is yet another Peoria-area masterpiece that is a must-play for any disc golf trip to central Illinois.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.