Lake View, IA
Black Hawk Lake State Park Share
Uploaded By: Martin Dewgarita Hole #5 (Taken 8/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Not a course

1    6/7/2012   6/8/2012
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -This course is located in a somewhat nice state park. However, coming from better funded states it isn't even that nice.
-It is a course in some sense that you can throw from one thing to another.
Cons: -An object course never does it for me,
-All holes are short and straight.
-Poles and tees are rotting.
-Natural tees.
-Bad flow and no signage make navigation a chore.
-There might not even be 9 holes here.
Other Thoughts: Don't go here unless you are a course hog like myself. You will be dissapointed. I read Martin's review prior to playing so I knew what to expect and where to find the course.

Uhh...?

1    8/17/2010   8/18/2010
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
This review was updated on 3/6/2011
Pros: Uh. Tee's and posts to hole out on exist, offering a spot to practice approaches.

I guess the course is playable, in the sense that you can throw a disc from the tee marker to the post associated with that hole, with a little more snooping around, there's probably 9 holes out there, though throwing to any random tree would accomplish the same thing.

Nice park with camping for I don't know how much $, several boat ramps and picnic areas, on a nice lake.

It's a stretch to come up with any pros for this course,
Cons: Not hardly a course. Supposed "hoops" don't exist, only posts that I can only guess that held these hoops. Several tee signs had numbers, and with some detective work I could find which pole was associated with each post. I found nearly every hole, the posts and tee signs were rotting and in rough shape.

Short. The holes that I did find were 100-150 feet with little to no variety in types of shots required.

Difficulty in finding the course. Google maps here shows the course on the North side of the lake, that boat ramp had no disc golf course that I could find. Driving around to the south shore I found these tee markers and posts that can only be a disc golf course, or the remnants of one.
Other Thoughts: Even if I was camping in the campground immediately adjacent to the course I'd probably avoid this course, I'd make up my own object course and get more enjoyment out of it than trying to figure this thing out.