1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - short, fun holes that lead to ace opportunities
- very nice, new tee signs that are descriptive
- creative layout considering it is on campus
- nearly empty if you play in the morning, otherwise expects to contend with students/faculty
Cons: - some holes, like #3, are a little bit gimmicky
- most holes are straight throws
- many pins very close to other tees
- very busy during the school year
Other Thoughts: I actually found this course somewhat hard to follow, despite the nice tee signs. They don't tell you where the next tee is, there are no numbers on the baskets to identify which hole they belong to, and are few tees signs are missing on tees that are close together. This made guessing if I was playing the right hole pretty frustrating. Otherwise, this course is short and fun, but overall pretty easy because there aren't too many obstacles in your way. Good course for beginners and for BHSU students.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Watch for pedestrians
Pros: - Above average signs and teepads with a few benches thrown in for good measure.
- Good variety... a lot of open holes, but some incorporate trees and a creek that runs through campus.
- Maps available from bulletin board at beginning of course.
- Nice scenery, and I'm not necessarily talking about the Black Hills...
- A good all-around beginner course.
Cons: - You're playing on a college campus for a majority of the holes so you'll spend a lot of time waiting for clueless folks to get out of your way.
- Even with the map, sometimes finding the next hole can be challenging.
- A few holes play along a football practice field adjacent to the campus. The course would be unplayable during football practice.
Other Thoughts: - Be prepared for anything. While we were playing a deer came out of nowhere and jogged up the practice field as if it were running for a touchdown. After it reached the endzone it looked around to see if anyone was watching and then walked away.
- In conclusion, it's a nice relatively short recreational course for beginners (college students, obviously) who are just getting into the game. Not a serious challenge for intermediate to advanced players.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.