Moses Lake, WA
Blue Heron Park Share
Uploaded By: Tromavilcitizen Hole #3 (Taken 2/2012)

1 2 Next >
 Washington State's Official Disc Golf Rest Area!

6/30/2008   7/7/2008
Pros: It's a lovely green park. The tee pads are great. You could play this course bare footed. It's challenging enough to be fun but open and short enough for novices and beginners. New disc catcher baskets. There's a map at hole # 1. Swim in the lake at the completion of your round. There's very little chance of losing any plastic.
Cons: You're probably going to be throwing through the other park users. Be courteous and patient. I was lucky enough to play early one morning before the crowds gathered. Eastern Washington winds can be brutal.
Other Thoughts: It's right off the freeway and makes for the perfect rest stop for any disc golfer driving across Washington. Don't drive by without stopping and checking it out. But on the other hand, I wouldn't advise driving a hundred miles to play the course.

Nice little break during a drive.

5/23/2008   5/31/2008
Review By: LanceInTacoma
Pros: Considering the lack of any other courses anywhere near here, this isn't a bad start. The teepads are nice, the holes vary in length between 215 and 480 feet (though most are in the 200s) and the park is well kept up. The signage is good for the most part, and there is a map of the course near the parking lot by the first tee.
Cons: It would be nice to have something at the hole which directed you to the next tee. Also, the walk between 1-6 and 7-9 takes you from one section of the park to another, although it really isn't very long.
Other Thoughts: We played this course on our way from Tacoma to the Spokane area on Friday, May 23rd, and again on the way home, Monday, Memorial Day, May 26th. The two rounds were very different. On Friday, around 1:30 in the afternoon, the winds were whipping. When we started I would guess 20-25 with gusts near 35, and by the time we finished I would say 40-45 with gusts of at least 55-60. It was the most brutal wind I have ever played in. My wife quit playing after 3 holes out of frustration, but I toughed it out. There were times when I wasn't sure what I needed to to to get through the wind, but somehow, I managed. On the way back through, there was almost no wind at all, though we had to play around several groups of Memorial Day picnickers. Considering how new this course appears to be, I was pleasantly surprised to see 8 other golfers, in 4 separate groups, playing rounds of golf. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to play this course, but as a quick stop during a boring drive, it makes a nice break.

Fun recreational course

2/23/2008   2/24/2008
Review By: ryankilgore
Pros: Good use of trees and park layout. Most of the holes are signed.
Cons: Grass teepads, wind.
Other Thoughts: My wife and I visited this park from out of the area this weekend. I'm a little more advanced, and she only plays when I drag her out. Many of the holes are short, but with the layout and obstacles, I had fun too. There is one hole close to 400, another around 480, but the rest are mostly 300ish or lest. All in all, though, it's a fun recreational course.

1 2 Next >