East Bethel, MN
Blue Ribbon Pines DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #23 (Taken 6/2015)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Best course ever!

2-4    7/25/2016   7/26/2016
Review By: Charlie Deville
Pros: Beautiful property, manicured fairways, ladscaping everywhere, uniquely designed holes, lots of par 4s, concession stand at half way point, the list goes on and on.
Cons: Not closer to where I live!
Other Thoughts: I have been told for years to go play BRP. I arrived full of doubt and left a believer! This is the most ideal course you could ever hope for. Every detail has been paid attention to. Every hole is challenging yet memorable. A true disc golf destination.

1    7/6/2016   7/6/2016
Review By: redvinesfrolf
Pros: -Baskets and tees are in great condition. Multiple positions for most baskets, and although there are many tee types (concrete, brick, artificial, circular), the are all immaculate.
-Great variety and every kind of hole. 140-760 feet holes, tight and technical to bomber holes, left- and right-turning holes.
-Benches and trash cans on nearly every hole.
-They had people on the course doing maintenance in multiple places. I haven't seen course work this impressive anywhere I've been.
-Great facilities, huge disc selection, drinks and snacks.
Cons: -Tee signs are pretty basic and not as helpful as they could be. For a course of this level, it's an area for improvement.
-Little elevation, but that's not their fault.
Other Thoughts: BRP is top-of-the-line disc golf. A lot of fantastic holes, especially 4 (the tunnel), 16 (the hanging basket), 18 (760' bomb) and 26 (hole on the rock hill). It's the closest course I've seen to a ball golf course in its maintenance and facilities, which is a high compliment. Everything at Blue Ribbon is done right and it's hard to find negatives about a course like this.

Finally made it here....

2-4    6/28/2016   6/28/2016
Review By: pfpro
Pros: + Great variety. 27 holes, so an extra 9 compared to a "normal" course. I didn't feel like I was playing the same hole over and over again. More wooded than open, but a good mix. I played the short configuration, so the course wasn't overly long.
+ The course design was good. For the most part, the tee placements and routes were fair. The wooded holes were not easy. Some have complained the open holes were boring. I feel like they were different enough, and being able to air it out was refreshing. There is many OBs, well defined - it's easy to know if it your disc is in or out.
+ This course was manicured. The fairways were well defined. Many greens had new mulch. This is disc-golf done well. Many of the teepads were built up and landscaped. Many greens had boulders or pavers. Although you are in the MN woods, the rough was not punishing. When I did end up in the rough, I wasn't worried about not being able to find my disc in overgrown rough. I'm sure there are some spots, but in general, the rough has been beaten back. It looks like they are developing 27 into an "island" green. Since it's under construction, it's not quite up to snuff with the rest of the course.
+ I liked the flow of the course. I feel like there are several points where you could skip forward to get to a shorter round, if you are under a time crunch.
+ Benches at every tee. Garbage cans at most (all?). Port-o-potties in several places throughout the course. Pro shop with a ton of discs (didn't check the prices, assuming they are competitive), snack shop (wasn't open when I was playing).
Cons: These are all nit-picky, as this is the best course that I have played on (in my 50+ courses). There are really very minimal cons, but will put them here.
- There is no/minimal elevation change. There's not much they can do about this. There are a few artificial mounds.
- The black flies are somewhat annoying.
- The signs are descriptive enough, but several times I had to refer to the map on the back of my scorecard to make sure I was throwing to the right basket (the first time through the course).
- It's not super convenient from a location standpoint, but, it is a destination course.
Other Thoughts: My corporate headquarters are in the Twin Cities, so this course has been on my list since I started playing disc golf. Its been 6 years, and my schedule finally worked out. It was a blast, I made it out on a weekday, got there at 11:30, played two rounds in about two hours. The course was not full (maybe a dozen or so groups on the course), and played through about a half dozen groups in the two rounds - everyone was super cool about letting me play through. It was awesome. The course kicked my butt. Was playing with a downsized bag, and threw my driver in the pond the first round (am really hoping I get it back). Didn't matter, had a blast. Of the 27 holes, other than the mando short dogleg right, I felt like they were all legit holes.I met the owner(?) on top of the teepad hill for 19, got to thank him for such a beautiful property. Don't know what the "signature" holes are. #4 (the Tunnel), 440' - brutal. The two pond shots - these seem like "typical" MN holes. The bomber holes? I would love to get to play here with my full bag. I hope to get back before another 6 years. I highly recommend getting the BRP if you are in the area.

Blue Ribbon

1    2/22/2016   2/25/2016
Review By: Spike Hyzer 23
Pros: Exceptional design and flow for 27 holes.
Great mix of distances and highly technical, also featuring some hanging and elevated baskets.
Water in play and lots of OB.
Very large tee pads with paving stones to stop erosion.
Pro shop with great disc selection.
Course dog.
A nice guy named Ray who will stop to chat.

Cons: There really are no cons to a course like this, though there is almost no elevation to speak of, which is not the fault of anyone involved with this fine facility. We all have to work with the land we are given, and this is a spectacular use of the land.
Other Thoughts: If I had a con, it would be those long tunnel holes with a row of trees on either side (why are these so common in MN, when I've never seen them anywhere else in the US?). These holes are simply patently unfair in terms of disc golf. Hole #4 here, in particular, has some sort of access path to the left. A righty will hyzer and finish on that path and have a clear anhyzer to the basket for a second shot (probably under 200 feet). The lefty fades right into deep, dense woods, and any attempt to move the disc forward and leave it on the narrow (10 or 15 feet at most) 'fairway' will be met with another hyzer or kick to the right.

I chose to move it only 50 feet forward, across the fairway and to that cart path to the left of the tree line over there. Then I had a 125 foot hyzer to the pin and got my 4.

Still, unless you can throw 450 on a frozen rope 3 feet off the ground, there is no chance of a deuce and very little chance of a 3.

Holes like this should be banned.

One of the Best

2-4    10/17/2015   11/7/2015
Review By: Airfishey
Pros: + Good shot variety between long open shots and tight control shots.
+ Excellent tee pads, some of which are unique and shared for multiples holes.
+ Concession stand cabin that you will pass multiple times in a round.
+ Big pro shop with lots of discs and merchandise
+ Cool wood carvings throughout the course
+ Creative uses of elevation change with hanging baskets and multi-tiered landscaped mounds.
+ Always has well maintained fairways.
Other Thoughts: Don't miss this course if you are in the area.

Blue Ribbon is a fitting name!

5+    9/1/2015   9/10/2015
Review By: Airborn Leiviska
Pros: This course and property has an atmosphere unlike any in the country. Everyone is so excited and happy to be at the place that put pay to play disc golf on the map for MN.
So much thought, care and work has been put into every hole with landscaping, colored woods chips and water features, that really make every hole have a lot of character.
Technically, one of the more challenging courses in the world, with a premium placed on getting off the tee clean. It can make for some long holes if you hit early trees.
A good variety of par 3s and 4s. Regular hole 7 is my favorite on the course (besides hole 4 of course). It requires a straight tee shot that you don't want to hyzer left on or pull right because you are playing to a lay up zone short of a man made pond at about 400 feet from tee. Your shot to the green plays around 400 over the pond, another shot that you need to finish straight instead of hyzering off the green. Green is lined with logs that will prevent you from scooting to far past the basket if you keep it low. This is a hole that even the most skilled players have to play the lay up shot, and it is the definition of a true par 4.
Snack shack halfway through the course where the grills are usually going and beverages are served.
Bonfire pits throughout the course for the cold winter leagues.
Pets are welcome!
This course is always evolving and getting even more character, and it is going to be fun seeing this place continue to grow and get better over the next 10 years and beyond...
Cons: The only con I can think of is that it is getting so popular. On a nice summer weekend day, there are ALOT of players out there and it can get slow at times and can make for a longer round than anticipated.
Other Thoughts: This is where the finals of the MN Majestic were held in 2015, and the skins match. A fitting place for such a large gallery.

Heaven on Earth at BRP!

5+    9/2/2015   9/10/2015
Review By: TimMcD
Pros: There is a feeling you get when you go to Blue Ribbon Pines that is surreal. So much love and passion for disc golf radiates from this place. The community is great and welcoming.

Pro shop is awesome! Excellent variety. Angie, Mitch, and Ryan all do a great job running the shop.

Hole 1 is such an iconic hole. Thousands and thousands of shots have been thrown at that hole. People empty their whole bags and everyone sits around and watches, waiting for chains to be hit. What a fun experience.

The rest of the course has such great variety and will force you to throw many different shots. The landscaping is unparalleled and really brings the professionalism that we need in our sport. Tees are all nice and grippy.

BRP is a disc golf experience unlike any other. Go check it out.

Manicure, Pedicure, Courseicure

1    8/8/2015   8/22/2015
Review By: Donovan
Pros: This place is beautiful. It has water, risk/reward, OB, Mandos, wooded holes, open holes, and layouts that force a huge variety of shots. Nice wood chips to prevent muddy areas, benches everywhere, and the architecture of the holes are amazing. Viewing the photos, will show you what I mean. On the weekends, there is a snack and drink area half way through the course and a "putt for dough" mini basket that is quite "interesting". The tunnel shots are some of the best I have seen and the pin placements are tough but fair on many of the holes. They have a hanging basket and one hole as driving distance signs from a slightly elevated tee. They have a nicely stocked clubhouse with discs, snacks, drinks, accessories, and more.
Cons: The only complaint I had was without a map or guide I did get lost a couple of times, but that is really my damn fault. I should have had the map up on my phone starting alone at day break.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor was truly the layout and hole designs. I can not express enough how nice the tee pads and pin placements were. It felt like you were really being spoiled with the "courseicure" presented course. I have to say that the right-angled dog-leg, short hole was a long thin wooded tunnel shots were my favorite. I will certainly go back if I am ever up there again and it was well worth the 45 minute drive and $5 to play all day.

What every course should aspire to be!

5+    8/16/2015   8/17/2015
Review By: BogeyPar Guy
Pros: -Landscaped professionally
-Multiple Pins
-Multiple layouts by combining holes and splitting others
-Clubhouse fully stocked, including beer
-Pay to play
-Disc lost and found for frequent players
Cons: Is being busy a con for a P2P course? Not really, just a great indicator of success.

-Combining holes 2 and 3 doesn't make any sense. Ruins two good disc golf holes and trades them in for a terrible par 4 that turns out to be a crap shoot luck fest. I would blaze a fairway straight past 2's basket to the long position for 3. This way you'll have a legit par 4 that could rival the signature hole for difficulty and beauty.

Other Thoughts: I've been playing BRP since 2006 or 2007, whenever it opened. Its been amazing to see its transformation over the years. It easily plays 15 strokes harder than when it was first developed. Ray and his family have truly created a thing of beauty. Still, everytime I go out to BRP for the day, something is new. They never stop innovating. With VisionQuest going in a couple miles away, this is turning into a serious destination!

Incredible!!

1    6/8/2015   6/9/2015
Review By: JCowdery
Pros: It is easy to see why this is the best course the state has to offer!! This course is what every course should strive to measure up to!! I will come back here EVERY time I come to Minnesota!!
Cons: NONE - it is layed out so well, and it seems they have covered all of the bases :)
Other Thoughts: It is so worth planning a road trip just for this course.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8