East Bethel, MN

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BRP, Oh My!

1    7/20/2014   7/27/2014
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: Being in Minneapolis for Worlds, the big thing being pushed onto people was to go out and play Blue Ribbon Pines even if your group was not playing. Not wanting a chance to miss out on a great course, I drove up to BRP and was simply amazed by everything on the course.

First of all, how many other courses have a county made sign off the highway directing people to the course? Not many.

I feel that there is a huge cliche when people say that "this course will use every shot in your bag," but that cliche is true as you play 27 holes from short dog legs in the woods to monster bombs in the field. I was a huge fan of the foot signs on the 750' hole that shows how far you have thrown, a great touch. I also loved infamous hole 4, which is the 440' tight fairway hole. I have played something similar to that in Houston at Shawshank, but I just felt like the one at BPR was more challenging and better feeling.

The course has a pro shop that sells a fair variety of discs. The course is upkept well, better than any course that I have played. There is a snack bar that serves drinks and burgers that you pass multiple times during the round, which is a great touch. You can really tell that a lot of work is put into the course, and the course is respected by the players who play it.
Cons: The location isn't ideal to the rest of the twin cities. It is a pretty far north drive.
The common theme for courses in this area was elevation. This course had no elevation to speak of.
A few of the holes were short holes that felt more like filler holes than anything.
Other Thoughts: This is the absolute must hit course in the area. Forget going to courses to practice for Worlds. You will have a great unique experience at course that is one of the best in the world.
No one should be upset at paying the $5; I found paying it was the best five dollars spent on my entire trip.

BRP

5+    6/20/2014   6/20/2014
Review By: travisjkuhlman
Pros: Pros:
-Challenging
-Great proshop
-It IS a gold level course
-5$- pay to play.. you'll feel like you should be paying more after you see how great the course is.
Great mix between open/wooded holes.
-Driving range w/distance markers
-Very well kept! Greens and fairways are always trimmed.
-There's a snack shack halfway through! Burgers beer and more!
-Great course for push carts
-Dog Friendly
Cons: - Sometimes the mosquitoes can be awful. But it's our state bug for a reason. -bring bug spray.

- Long round- bring lots of water, probably a stool too.

Other Thoughts: You will probably run into other people on the weekends.. BUT! It's such a fun MN nice atmosphere about it. You'll have fun even if you end up behind a group.

This isn't the type of course you play on your way home from work.
Take the day off, take your time, and have fun!

1    5/4/2014   5/5/2014
Review By: Pxranger
Pros: What can I say, this is disc golf heaven. From the moment I arrived the staff was helpful and friendly. I was impressed by the diversity of shots needed for this course. It seemed almost every hole had separate lines of attack to be used.

I am not used to courses with this many water hazards, but I found the challenge interesting.

The level of detail for each hole from teebox to basket was evident. I saw NO trash anywhere but in cans, (a rarity for any course)

The snack shack was a welcome surprise.

The owner took some time to talk with me, once again very friendly staff.
Cons: The day I played it was pretty soggy and wet, but that really isnt the fault of the course.
Other Thoughts: This is the course by which I will measure others by. On a side note, I played a round with some locals which was fortunate beacuse there are some interesting ways to play some of the holes in order to better your score. If you are anywhere near the upper midwest, do yourself a favor and visit BRP

Great course year round.

5+    12/1/2013   2/9/2014
Review By: DJ Sticky Feet
Pros: Mix of different shots.
Shoveled in winter.
Wide range of challenges.
Pro shop where you can buy new discs.
Cons: Water is a factor.
No season pass.
Other Thoughts: Definitely check it out. It has a pleasant mix of technicality and distance, worth the visit.

Favorite Course

5+    1/26/2014   1/28/2014
Review By: adampietig
Pros: It is one of the best courses around because every day in the winter Ray shovels the tee pads and plows the fairways. Angie and Ray are always super friendly and always happy to see you.
Cons: The snack shack is not always open. It would be nice if they put out coffee in the winter at the snack shack, by that point you need a little warmer!!
Other Thoughts: There are people playing everyday rain, snow, cold, sunshine, nothing can keep you away from this course!!!

Favorite course by far

5+    10/6/2013   1/6/2014
Review By: Discgolfer21
This review was updated on 6/8/2014
Pros: This course has 27 holes and has a variety of shots ranging from straight shots over 400 feet, to a right angle hook shot around a few trees just under a few hundred feet long. I go to it all the time even though it is 75 min. from my house. I enjoy the course every time I go there. The fairways are even plowed in the winter, so you can visit the course year round! The water hazards on half the holes add a 3rd level of difficulty after trees and Mandos. The tee boxes are grippy and there is a broom next to each one for sweeping off the sticks and leaves. The roughs are very dense, so if you throw you disc into them, it may be lost. I consider this a good thing because it punishes you for your bad shots. There is a snack shack where 16 and 25 meet, so you can get a burger, chips, candy and much more. The course is very clean, and there are garbage cans at each tee. The grooming of the course is fantastic and it is one of the reasons I love this course so much.
Cons: The tee signs don't help at all. There is no map, there is only a random picture like a group of guys. I also don't like that two tees share the same box, because if a big group is on 25, you have to wait for all of them to go before you can through off 16.
Other Thoughts: If you want to go to a course not very far from the city, I'd recommend this one with its 100' pine trees and tricky shots.

1    9/29/2013   10/30/2013
Review By: Dilf
Pros: 27 holes, good variety of woods and open shots including everything from a tunnel of tall pine trees, to a 90 degree turn short hole with mando, to a driving range style hole with distance markers. Nice placement around water hazards. The snack shack! Order a burger or hot dog and beer or soda mid-round. Very challenging for a first timer, I'll be back every year as much as possible. A must play for anyone from out of town.
Cons: Some say lack of elevation change but it's Minnesota, that is pretty rare.

My Favorite

5+    9/20/2013   9/25/2013
Review By: firebotter
Pros: This is a very well layed out course! It offers a great challenge with all types of players. Friendly staff and regulars. By far the nicest course I have ever seen!
Cons: A bit of a drive from my house. Not really a con for others but I love this course.
Other Thoughts: When I die I want my ashes spread on this course. Love it!

Home Course

5+    8/3/2013   8/10/2013
Review By: BirdieMachine
Pros: Greatest course I've played and I've played all the best around the Twin Cities area. Nice sized concrete tees, manicured greens and fairways. Excellent variety of holes. All are unique in some way. I only live 5 minutes away! Lost discs with name and number get turned into the proshop. 27 holes and maybe 36 one day!
Cons: They really only have two right to left holes (Hyzer for RHBH) (optimal route) #7 379' and #8 160'. I guess you could count #14 as well though a straight drive works there. Costs 5 dollars to play but well worth it. Deer flys are bothersome from early- mid July to Mid-Late August. Pesty things.
Other Thoughts: Really happy with this course and the owners are very nice as well!

This course will ruin all others for you

1    7/23/2013   7/23/2013
Review By: Mammoth
Pros: Super friendly staff. The entire course is in top shape. Super clean. Challenging enough for most players and decent variety. The pro shop is very well stocked with gear at good prices. Beer is available!! Pet friendly. There is a cool shack that is open on the weekends in the middle of the woods that has beer, burgers, snacks. They retrieve discs from the water often and if they are marked, they keep them in lost and found.
Cons: Not too hard to lose a disc or 2.
Other Thoughts: Nice place to bring kids if they want to walk with and not play because it is pretty flat.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7