East Bethel, MN
Blue Ribbon Pines DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #9 (Taken 6/2015)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
Minnesota's best course -- And there are many

5+    10/31/2016   11/13/2016
Review By: EJBusch
Pros: -27 holes -- and they're always utilizing different tees/pins/holes to make sure basically every time I go to the course it's slightly different, fresh and exciting.
-$5 for all day pass, it could be $10 for the day and still be an amazing deal
-EVERYONE who works at BRP is amazing. They work incredibly hard, they are very friendly and they always want you to have a great time. Can't say enough about how great these people are!
-Very near VisionQuest, absolutely worth playing this one and then that one if you want an amazing day full of disc
-There is a shack that you pass by a couple of times in your round that has a nice sit and eat/drink area. It's great to be able to snag a brat and a beer and take a quick break before returning to your round.
Cons: -Although Mach V baskets aren't terrible, once you get used to Mach X, Prodigy T1, etc. they don't seem quite as nice. That said, all of the baskets are in great shape.
Other Thoughts: A must play. It's the best course in Minnesota, and that really is saying something. Hole 4 mayest you alive and yet you will still be forced to appreciate how beautiful it is.

Meh

1    4/1/2016   8/23/2016
Review By: mmblink86
Pros: No doubt about it, this is a well maintained course. There are some holes that are unique, and the facilities are nice. I enjoyed my time there but...
Cons: This course does not come close to cracking my Top 20. There were too many times where a BH or FH hyzer were necessary to beat the 'risk' of the hole. Lots of repetition both in the woods and on the open holes. On errant shots, I was expecting more difficulty in returning to one's objective on the hole. Pretty bland in terms of OB water & elevation.
Other Thoughts: I was expecting this course to stand out. It's pretty clear the rating is due to lots of local lovin'

One of the best courses I have played

5+    7/2/2016   8/19/2016
Review By: Bitter Mouse
Pros: Great variety of holes, you will use all your shots and all your discs. One of the best course I have played.
Cons: The only thing this course is missing is elevation.
Other Thoughts: In my opinion either this or Bryant Lake is the best course in MN (with VisionQuest just a hair behind).

Blue ribbon worthy

5+    6/11/2016   8/10/2016
Review By: Muskiebite
Pros: -Baskets are in great shape, and have visibility flags
-Tee Pads are in good condition, brooms on the tees
-Fairways are always mowed and in the winter time they are plowed
-Pro shop at Hole 1, Snack Shack in the middle of the course you pass twice
-Trash cans on almost every hole, never overflowing
-All bodies of water have rakes nearby to find lost discs
-Pro shop has lost and found and will contact disc owners
-Plenty of variety of shots needed
-Course is constantly tweaked, holes combined, added, dropped, pro shop is usually pretty good about notifying the changes
-Sunday mulligan league, hosts plenty of casual tournaments, ace pool
Cons: -The holes crossing over the middle are repetitive
-Almost no elevation
-It gets busy, and with long holes like hole 4 backups are common, rounds can take 3-4+ hours
Other Thoughts: This course makes for a great day of disc golfing, as you can see in the pros section there are a lot of amenities that make this course truly special and enjoyable. As you drive up there is an actual MNDOT highway sign directing you to the course, how many courses have that? Plenty of diversity in holes and different lines to hit to get to the basket. The constant tweaking is one of my favorite parts since it's always slightly different course. Most holes in the woods have their own unique features to them, there are a few basic straight forward clearing holes but they are few and far between. The holes that cross over the middle are all mostly wide open shots and play the repetitive hyper shot ,but BRP has made efforts to break these up by making some island holes, adding OB sand traps, distance markers and elevated tees, and the ever present wind always plays a factor in these holes. The owners and staff and all very welcoming and friendly people.

It seems since the Majestic people have commented BRP is soft, to many gimmick holes, but it's plenty challenging for a majority of the disc golf population, and even if a majority of the holes are birdie-able that doesn't detract from all the features and care that goes into this course. It's always a treat to play here and I'm always looking forward to the next opportunity I get to play here.

Good, not great

1    8/9/2016   8/9/2016
Review By: odysseus
Pros: -Nice teepads
-Ok mix of Open & Wooded Shots
-Nice baskets
Cons: -Is not a challenge in terms of elevation & water
-Too many 'gimmicky' holes/shots
-Too many open holes without risk of penalty or loss of strokes
-Signage is meh
Other Thoughts: Thought is would be better since it is rated so high

LOVE. THIS. COURSE.

1    8/9/2016   8/9/2016
Review By: Funleavy90
This review was updated on 8/22/2016
Pros: Gorgeous course just on the north side of the Twin Cities.
-Course offers 27 holes with a variety of wooded and open shots, and water in play
- Every shot is as technical as the next.
-Well maintained with almost all holes have "landscaped" features including a hanging basket.
-Course is easy to follow for the most part
-Extended hangle rakes next to water features.
-Two land island greens/One water island - Hole 27 was being altered to be surrounding by water on all sides
Cons: Don't have any cons. Couldn't be more satisfied with my first visit here. For sure won't be my last!
Other Thoughts: This is a pay-to-play course but $5 for an all day pass is very well worth it.
-Well stocked Pro Shop containing variety of discs.
-Snack Shack located half way through the course (only open during weekends :/ )
-Trash/Recycling cans at every tee.

Best course ever!

2-4    7/25/2016   7/26/2016
Review By: Charlie Deville
Pros: Beautiful property, manicured fairways, ladscaping everywhere, uniquely designed holes, lots of par 4s, concession stand at half way point, the list goes on and on.
Cons: Not closer to where I live!
Other Thoughts: I have been told for years to go play BRP. I arrived full of doubt and left a believer! This is the most ideal course you could ever hope for. Every detail has been paid attention to. Every hole is challenging yet memorable. A true disc golf destination.

1    7/6/2016   7/6/2016
Review By: redvinesfrolf
Pros: -Baskets and tees are in great condition. Multiple positions for most baskets, and although there are many tee types (concrete, brick, artificial, circular), the are all immaculate.
-Great variety and every kind of hole. 140-760 feet holes, tight and technical to bomber holes, left- and right-turning holes.
-Benches and trash cans on nearly every hole.
-They had people on the course doing maintenance in multiple places. I haven't seen course work this impressive anywhere I've been.
-Great facilities, huge disc selection, drinks and snacks.
Cons: -Tee signs are pretty basic and not as helpful as they could be. For a course of this level, it's an area for improvement.
-Little elevation, but that's not their fault.
Other Thoughts: BRP is top-of-the-line disc golf. A lot of fantastic holes, especially 4 (the tunnel), 16 (the hanging basket), 18 (760' bomb) and 26 (hole on the rock hill). It's the closest course I've seen to a ball golf course in its maintenance and facilities, which is a high compliment. Everything at Blue Ribbon is done right and it's hard to find negatives about a course like this.

Finally made it here....

2-4    6/28/2016   6/28/2016
Review By: pfpro
Pros: + Great variety. 27 holes, so an extra 9 compared to a "normal" course. I didn't feel like I was playing the same hole over and over again. More wooded than open, but a good mix. I played the short configuration, so the course wasn't overly long.
+ The course design was good. For the most part, the tee placements and routes were fair. The wooded holes were not easy. Some have complained the open holes were boring. I feel like they were different enough, and being able to air it out was refreshing. There is many OBs, well defined - it's easy to know if it your disc is in or out.
+ This course was manicured. The fairways were well defined. Many greens had new mulch. This is disc-golf done well. Many of the teepads were built up and landscaped. Many greens had boulders or pavers. Although you are in the MN woods, the rough was not punishing. When I did end up in the rough, I wasn't worried about not being able to find my disc in overgrown rough. I'm sure there are some spots, but in general, the rough has been beaten back. It looks like they are developing 27 into an "island" green. Since it's under construction, it's not quite up to snuff with the rest of the course.
+ I liked the flow of the course. I feel like there are several points where you could skip forward to get to a shorter round, if you are under a time crunch.
+ Benches at every tee. Garbage cans at most (all?). Port-o-potties in several places throughout the course. Pro shop with a ton of discs (didn't check the prices, assuming they are competitive), snack shop (wasn't open when I was playing).
Cons: These are all nit-picky, as this is the best course that I have played on (in my 50+ courses). There are really very minimal cons, but will put them here.
- There is no/minimal elevation change. There's not much they can do about this. There are a few artificial mounds.
- The black flies are somewhat annoying.
- The signs are descriptive enough, but several times I had to refer to the map on the back of my scorecard to make sure I was throwing to the right basket (the first time through the course).
- It's not super convenient from a location standpoint, but, it is a destination course.
Other Thoughts: My corporate headquarters are in the Twin Cities, so this course has been on my list since I started playing disc golf. Its been 6 years, and my schedule finally worked out. It was a blast, I made it out on a weekday, got there at 11:30, played two rounds in about two hours. The course was not full (maybe a dozen or so groups on the course), and played through about a half dozen groups in the two rounds - everyone was super cool about letting me play through. It was awesome. The course kicked my butt. Was playing with a downsized bag, and threw my driver in the pond the first round (am really hoping I get it back). Didn't matter, had a blast. Of the 27 holes, other than the mando short dogleg right, I felt like they were all legit holes.I met the owner(?) on top of the teepad hill for 19, got to thank him for such a beautiful property. Don't know what the "signature" holes are. #4 (the Tunnel), 440' - brutal. The two pond shots - these seem like "typical" MN holes. The bomber holes? I would love to get to play here with my full bag. I hope to get back before another 6 years. I highly recommend getting the BRP if you are in the area.

Enchanting

5+    6/4/2016   6/13/2016
Review By: iiTANTALiiZE
Pros: Course is very well kept, extremely fun to throw. I find the long corridor holes very challenging and a blast to try to throw properly. Great variety of hole placement, and neat approach designs. very well thought out tee and pin placement/utilization of land. Tees were all very nice and taken care of. Tee to pin markings were accurate. each time I have thrown, there seems to have been changes made to improve overall integrity of the course. Very much worth the 5 dollar day pass to play here. Food/refreshment shack is a nice touch on one of the double tees.
Cons: Not much for cons here. This course attracts very large groups as it is a fun course to throw, in turn potentially slowing play. I would suggest going early if you would like to try to avoid this from happening to you. The only other thing I can think of to improve the course is next hole signage to show next tee from completed hole. Not a necessary but would be nice.
Other Thoughts: I am very impressed with the staff that I have been in contact with. They have all been very accommodating and friendly, and are willing to share knowledge about the growing sport. Additionally, I lost a disc in the pond in front of hole 22, played a second round and saw a stack of discs that had just been pulled from the pond at the food shack. I saw my disc in the middle of the stack, and mentioned that it was mine to the employee working the food stand. She asked for my ID which matched the name on the disc, and she gave the ok to grab it! I was lucky to have seen it, and appreciated retaining that disc :)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13