St. Louis (Ellisville), MO
Bluebird Park Share
Uploaded By: fairweather_fan Hole #7 (Taken 10/2009)

hard fun 9

5+    9/10/2012   12/16/2012
Review By: discoholic
Pros: This is a fun course with lots of elevation and a good mix of wooded and open shots. It's a challenging 9 hole course. The wooded holes are tight and demand accuracy off the tee. The open holes offer a little distance (more from the blue). The elevation change is used well from tee to green. Almost every shot on the course requires planning and execution. This course has some unique holes and even a signature hole (you choose)

You will probably have the course to yourself. There are 2 tees, so you can play it twice and get 18 holes in. The park is well kept, and the course is maintained. The course changes with the seasons.
Cons: The tees are natural and I mean really natural, rocky and slippery. The signs aren't great. The blue tees are impossible to find (you need a local). It's kind of hard to find your way around the first time. (4 is down hill and across the path, 9 is down hill across path and to the right). I played here 4 times before I found 9 (once I found it I saw the huge sign, lol) There are no trash cans or benches. The park is popular for joggers and dog walker, but they don't get in your way.
Other Thoughts: There's a club house with all amenities and they sell discs. (I've never gone inside)
After hole 8, it's fun to throw from the basket down to the amphitheater stage on your way to 9. Can you ace the "50 foot brick basket"?
I'm not a fan of 9 hole courses, but this one will not get a minus point.

ROAD TRIP WORTHY?... There are better courses near by, but could be a filler course

Everything a disc course should be

1    5/12/2010   6/13/2010
Review By: green_hornet915
Pros: Very challenging loved the start in the heart of the woods and the tough shot selections need all your skils here. The course opened up as you get to the later holes.
Cons: I thought they had a good thing going til the open holes the woods are where I like to play. For only playing blue bird once we found our way around pretty easy.
Other Thoughts: A must play if you are a real dger tough hick but worth it