Bozeman, MT
Bohart Ranch X-C Ski Center - Lower Share
Uploaded By: Danger Hole #16 (Taken 6/2010)
-- / 285ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Gorgeous

1    8/28/2004   8/28/2009
Review By: DavidSauls
Pros: One of the most beautiful courses I ever played. Steep hills, views of the other mountains, tall evergreens & meadows. It's private and remote, so when I played it I had all the scenery to myself---wonderful!

Lots of fun holes, lots of chances to throw up and down hills. I expected some open "downhill ski slope" holes, and was happily surprised that it's all cut through the woods instead.
Cons: I got caught by rain and some places got quite slick.

Dirt teepads and the non-basket on #9.

I had the place to myself, and the thought of bears did weigh on my mind a bit.
Other Thoughts: To me, well worth the pay-to-play. Heck, I paid a lot more for gas just to get there.

The setting is so nice that even if it had 18 boring holes, I'd want to play it again.

A Much Improved Lower

2-4    7/6/2009   7/6/2009
Review By: DiSCRoCKeR
This review was updated on 8/3/2013
Pros: Beautiful course in the foothills of the Bridger Mountains. Plenty of open and tight throws that play up and down through the hills and woods with gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains. Some of the holes have been tweaked a little due to the newly installed cement tees. Although this is the easier of the Bohart courses, there is still plenty of challenge to be found. It is quite easy to add up the strokes if you get off in to the woods off the fairways. A few fun ace run opportunities to be found and hole 18 has to be one of my favorite finishing holes on any course with a nice bomb down the hillside. OB creek and road comes in to play on a few holes. Hole 16's tee was moved back and to the right making it a more challenging almost island-like hole. No two holes are the same out here and it really makes for an enjoyable experience.
Cons: The course can be a little hard to navigate the first few times. Tee signs need to be updated with correct info. Poor quality baskets for such a top notch course and hole 9 has a large hoop instead of a basket which is quite a bummer. They do replace it with a basket for tournaments though. Some areas that have thick brush are full of thorns so watch out. The mosquitoes and horse flies can get pretty nasty in the summer.
Other Thoughts: With two high quality courses in one amazingly gorgeous location, Bohart should be a must for any disc golf destination. With the addition of updated signs and better baskets this course would earn a higher rating. Make sure to bring plenty of water for all of the hiking up and down the hills as there are no water fountains out here.

Golf in the wilds!

1    6/25/2007   10/25/2008
Review By: domromer
Pros: Not the world most challenging course but beautiful and with enough variety to keep it interesting.

Definitely worth playing if you happen to be visiting yellowstone and have stashed a few discs in your luggage.
Cons: It was hard to find. Otherwise I can't think of many cons.
Other Thoughts: This course is set in the middle of the Montana wilderness. The Elk were bugling in the fall while we were there and there was also bear scat on the course!

Beautiful scenery, and fun to play.

7/17/2008   7/19/2008
Review By: LanceInTacoma
Pros: Absolutely stunning Montana scenery, lots of elevation changes, good map, generally well marked and easy to follow.
Cons: Could use a little more distance on a few holes, and a few more holes along the sides of hills would be better use of the elevation, in my opinion, instead of just uphill and downhill. I wish my wife could have played, but because of the no dog rule, she had to stay in the car with the dog.
Other Thoughts: I have to admit, getting to the course, and not being able to bring my dog bummed me out. She loves to come with us as we golf, so it sucked to have to leave her in the car. I realize that when you own a course, I guess you can make whatever rules you want, but I don't understand this one. I mean, you have to pay to play, and sign in each time you play, so how hard would it be to have you sign in your dog also, have a sign asking people to clean up after their dogs, and then if you have problems, you could simply ban the problem people, not all dogs, but hey, I digress. Lets get back to the course:

It is set in a beautiful, hilly, forested area outside of Bowman on land used for cross country skiing, and most of the holes follow some of the ski trails. The fairways are usually well defined by the trail system, so the course if pretty easy to figure out. There are a couple of big uphill and downhill shots, including a "Top of the World" type finishing hole that ends up in a meadow near the start. There is one odd hole, on number nine, there is no basket, just a giant metal wheel about 7 feet in diameter to shoot through, and since it is a clear downhill shot, I imagine aces are fairly frequent on this hole. I wish there would have been some more distance added a few times, quite a few of the holes seemed to be 150-220 foot aces runs, which I am sure some people love (who doesn't love an ace?), but I wish the course would have stretched out a bit. All in all, certainly well worth playing, even though in general, I hate having to pay to play.

1 2 Next >