Bonita Springs, FL
Bonita Springs Recreation Center Share
Uploaded By: Cerealman Hole #7 (Taken 3/2009)
3 / --   3 / 307ft. Par / Distance:

Not my kind of course

1    8/13/2012   8/13/2012
Review By: ARIK HANZIN
Pros: First few holes were pretty and fun.

Some of the tee pads were nice - not slippery or dangerously elevated
Cons: TERRIBLE course flow - This place had me absolutely baffled. I'd finish one hole and have to walk past about 4 holes before I got to the next one. After about hole 7, the holes almost seemed to be randomly placed!

In addition to the confusing order, many of the tee pads and baskets were unmarked, making this course a navigational nightmare.

No shot diversity - I didn't get a chance to use any muscle or any tricky anhyzers or overhands.

No defined fairways/rough - This is what really got me, after the first couple, all the holes were just a tee, a couple of randomly placed trees, and a basket. I could make a better hole out of my back yard!

Other Thoughts: In my opinion, the first 6 holes were decent, but then the place just totally fell apart. I spent way too much time figuring out which tee corresponded to which basket, or which direction the next hole was, and way too little time deciding which shot or disc to use.

Also, I had been told from other reviews that there were only 9 holes with multiple tee pads to play like 18; this is no longer the case. There are 18 holes, however the back 9 are not even worth playing. Not only are they in no apparent order, but they seem to have been hastily thrown down in a median between the parking lot and the street. None of these back nine have marked tee pads so you got to guess which one to shoot from and all of them are only about 100 ft, boring, and the same.

All in all, I'd say this place would be a nice practice spot if your a local, but this is not where u wanna go to play a scored round with your buddies.