Bonita Springs, FL
Bonita Springs Recreation Center Share
Uploaded By: Cerealman Hole #2 (Taken 3/2009)
3 / --   3 / 394ft. Par / Distance:

Fun then Dull

1    12/27/2013   12/27/2013
Review By: tylerc
Pros: Great fairly fun shots on the first 7 and last 2. the fairways were there but most of the shots were all rhbh straight to fade. great park with a lot to do there. mostly concrete pads.
Cons: transition between 7 and 8 then 16 and 17 was long and weird but if I hadn't looked at the map before I would've had no idea where to go! holes 10 to 16 were all along the road and most of those teepads were on the sidewalk. we spent probably 15 minutes looking for pads for the holes until we realized they were all on the sidewalk then we had to wait for cars because most shots would be thrown over the road or fading into the road and one hole went over the road.
there were also little or no signs on the holes. some had labels on a post near the pads wit ha number of the hole but no distances. there was a map on 2 holes but one had fallen on the ground a long time ago..
Other Thoughts: if I play here again I will just play 1-7 then 17-18 twice because that would be way more fun than bothering with the other holes

Not Worth the Time and Lost Discs

1    12/29/2008   1/6/2009
Review By: hooboy
Pros: Not much, but you are playing disc golf. Nine hole course with plenty of challenge, offset by huge potential for lost discs. Some holes are OK, narrow, and certainly chalenging, but the potential to lose discs here is simply too great.
Cons: Only nine holes. Not well marked. Not in good shape. Backs up to neighborhood fence on a few holes. Potential to end up over the fence. Water everywhere on this course. The course essentially winds around a lake which is always to your right. If the lake is not in play, then you have drainage ditches in play - who knows what's in those bodies of water. Hole 7 is right over the lake to a basket perched on the edge of the lake. I skipped it. Also had to skip hole 6 (which looked fairly benign), utility trucks were parked in the fairway. Hole 8 looked benign too, until the wind took my disc rght into the lake. I was always throwing tentative here for fear of losing discs. I won't go back.
Other Thoughts: I was visiting my father in Ft. Myers. This looked the best of all the courses around, so pickings must be pretty slim in SW Florida.