Bonita Springs, FL
Bonita Springs Recreation Center Share
Uploaded By: Cerealman Hole #9 (Taken 3/2009)
3 / --   3 / 338ft. Par / Distance:

Surprisingly Mediocre

1    10/22/2010   10/25/2010
Review By: RamsFan1
Pros: 18 hole course in a decent multi-purpose recreational center/athletic facility. Nice Innova baskets on part of the course with sufficient cement tee pads and nice painted wooden pilings driven into the ground with hole number and distance at each tee. Multiple pin locations at most holes (although I really didn't look closely to verify their existence). An abundance of trees and various other man made barriers and obstacles to challenge you. The course utilizes much of the available land, and water is present near several of the holes.
Cons: Terrible course flow. After throwing hole one, you're staring straight at hole 11 instead of 2. Tee off areas for holes 9 & 18 are parallel to each other, while tee 17 is directly behind tee 8 (I actually did a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things- am I missing something here?). Baskets lining Pine Avenue are in horrible shape- rusty and battered, and there are no tee off locations on this side of the course. Some baskets have rudimentary gold magnets with hand cut numbers on them, further confusing the numbering issue. The water on the course is typical Florida scunge- hardly a thing of beauty.
Other Thoughts: I do not consider myself a stupid individual, but this place left me totally bewildered. I can only surmise that BSRC is under course renovation- what else could explain the schizophrenic layout of this place? Half of it looks OK with good tees, baskets and signs while the other side of the course is a complete disaster with rusty baskets, no markings and no true tee off areas. There is literally a row of about four baskets lining Pine Avenue. Maybe if I'd played with a local, it would have helped, but I only wound up frustrated. After reading the reviews and playing the sub par Bay Oaks course, I expected a lot better. I would also upgrade the informational board located at the beginning of the course and put a real solid directional map on it.

It's Ok

1    3/17/2010   5/26/2010
Review By: raaf13
Pros: Upkept very well
Staff very friendly
Easy to navigate
Most holes are well designed
Cons: Only 9 holes (multiple tees for 18)
To much water, fences, etc (to many places to lose discs)
1 of the holes (2 if playing 18) involve a very long shot over deep water.
Signage on each hole is not very detailed, hard to follow
Other Thoughts: I went to Marco Island for Spring Break and this is the nearest course I could find. Maybe I am spoiled by Michigans courses! But its definitly a solid course and worth playing

Not A Bad Course

1    5/12/2009   5/12/2009
Review By: sonicsbeer
Pros: Seems to be one of the better courses in the Fort Myers area. They came up with a good course design for the limited amount of space available. It was a great idea to place two different tees for each pin, giving the illusion of 18 separate holes.
Cons: Unfortunately, no maps available. It's not a very confusing course at all, but we did spend some time looking around, and a simple map is just nice to have. Also, the signing is somewhat poor. Not terrible, but it could have been more helpful.
Other Thoughts: The lake really DID NOT come in to play for us, I'm right handed and my friend is left handed so that made no difference. You just need to exercise some control, and yes - perhaps a BIT of restraint. It was nice that the rec center had a small selection of discs for sale, nothing expansive though. You can't go all out on this course by any means, but it was fun. We both had a good time. Oh, and ZERO lost discs, too.

Worth a visit

1    2/8/2000   5/8/2008
Review By: denny ritner
This review was updated on 5/4/2011
Pros: Very good use of a very small piece of property. Attractive and well-maintained. The holes have good variety and challenge. Most of the holes are on the tighter side and favor accurate golfers that can shape shots well. Friendly locals.
Cons: It is possible to lose plastic in the schule and water in a couple places.
Other Thoughts: I understand that this course is now 18 holes. I have not played the new holes. This review applies to the original layout.

Don't be a dirty discer. Leave the course cleaner than you found it!