Bonita Springs, FL
Bonita Springs Recreation Center Share
Uploaded By: Cerealman Hole #1 (Taken 3/2009)

2-4    12/27/2011   3/10/2012
Review By: parTake30
Pros: this course has a good mix of obstructions and obstacles making for a fun but challenging game. from the first tee if you pull your shot right your taking a swim. the second hole you have to have a straight shot finishing with fade to the right (as of last time i played). take a respite at the little pavilion on the way to the third hole. fourth hole has a pretty stagnant drainage ditch to the right and a ton of pepper hedge. the seventh hole you throw over a lake which quite a few discs get lost in, including my starfire. but theres people who go out and retrieve them. make sure you have your info on your disc, cus they will contact you and return your disc. the back 9 plays out past the baseball fields and close to the road. a few tee areas are actually the sidewalk. there are 2 or 3 tee pads per hole, some being for night dg.
Cons: mosquitos, being south florida, and there being a good sized pond in the middle of the park which the first 9 play around. not much i can complain about though, as far as the course goes, i like it a lot.
Other Thoughts: the main office by the course sells discs at a pretty good price. they will take your info so if you lose it, it can be returned. when your done, go back to the light, make a left and then go over the train tracks, make a left at the light, which is old 41, and on the left about a block is Buffalo Chips. go treat yourself to the best wings around.

B for Bonita!

5+    3/18/2007   4/18/2009
Pros: What I like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B- (used to be A+ until they took down all the Maleluka (sp?) trees)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B

Good Little Course

5+    4/7/2009   4/7/2009
Review By: Roller Coasters
Pros: This is my home course and it is a good little course. It has nine holes but, with multiple tee pads, it plays like an 18 hole course. Each pad is clearly marked with which hole it is and the distance for the current set up. Most holes have three pin placements and the placement is marked on each tee pad. The course is set up around a lake, but there is really only danger on hole 2/11 and 7/16. Hole 7/16 plays over a lake, but it is a manageable distance. I am not a long driver, and yet can get it over the lake consistently. There is also the option for shooting to the left and playing it safe onto the road. There is a good mix of tight wooded shots and big open drives. The only other real danger of losing a disc is on hole 4/13 where an errant shot to the right can land on the roof of a house. The tee and fairway are bordered on the right hand side by a dry canal. The canal only has water in it during the rainy season in summer and even then isn't very deep. Hole 5/14 is the hardest hole on the course with a long narrow opening, a lake on the right and woods on the left. I am very happy to walk away with par on it.
Cons: It is only 9 holes. It can get a little wet during August and September, the rainy season in Southwest Florida.
Other Thoughts: I have to disagree with some of the other reviews that this course is not worth playing. I think it is the opposite - it is the most playable course in the Fort Myers area. It has challenges and yet is fair. The lake does come into play, however, it is always on the right, so beginners have little chance of having a disc fade into the water. I also love the designation of front and back nine tee pads. The different pads are placed well so that each tee shot is unique through 18 holes.

There is also a good selection of new Innova discs at the Rec Center at the park.

Come on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. to play with the local league.

Don't be afraid of the other reviews of this course and have an enjoyable round of disc golf at Fort Myers' most playable course.