Knightstown, IN
Boondocks Farms Share
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #9 (Taken 7/2010)
Hole #9 Pro Tee

Impressive private course

1    11/18/2016   11/19/2016
Review By: Hiimchad
Pros: Clean and well planned out. They take incredibly good care of the course and make it easy for visitors to take care of it as well. There are many many trashcans placed through the course. The cost is 5.00 a round or 8.00 a day done with an honors box. Well worth the price.

The variety of holes are nice with a little bit of everything. For myself I think hole 15 is my favorite hole. It's a nice uphill shot with a small barn and large ravine at the top of the hill. There's OB to the right that comes into play. It's one of the more difficult holes in my opinion and forces you to hit a tight line.

We played in high wind and it was interesting the variety of discs it required. The way the course is made, we were throwing every direction in the wind. Made it difficult and enjoyable.

The owner (I think) was out talking with a family and telling small children about the animals he has there. It's not just a quality course, it's a quality place in my opinion.
Cons: I would prefer anything but gravel pads. But that's not a con, just a personal preference. Some of them were uneven and made throwing a little more of a challenge, but that's part of the charm of the course too I guess.

Boondocks

1    10/27/2013   11/3/2013
Review By: kingjames1014
Pros: --New teesigns- Sticks(short tees) and Stones(long tees)
--Topography not usually seen in Central Indiana
-- Wide Variety of shots
-- Good baskets that catch well
-- Dual teepads offer different lanes
Cons: -- A few fairways and tees were rutted up after a recent BMX race. Owner has done an excellent job is smoothing things out before the Tournament. Fresh gravel on some tees made for a little loose footing.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course when i played it the first time. None of the holes seemed "gimicky".

Intermediate challenge

2-4    7/26/2010   7/27/2010
Review By: Matthew boals
Pros: The course has a nice mix of Open then wooded holes. The "Front 9" are the Open and ends kinda close to the parking lot. Nice layout for beginners,from the other activities in the park,giving DG a try. A few holes are a challenge for beginners,keeping them interested and showing the possibilities of hole design. The "Back 9" has a nice mix of technical and "wooded open" short (called sticks) and long (called stones,on scorecard). Mach V targets, with number plates. Footbridges are well built,solid. Natural Directional,Tee signs & post's. (See pics,I'll post a.s.a.p.) With Tee signs having Sponsor info. & hole layout, showing both tees. (That helps on the back 9) Crushed stone Tee pads,done well. Front 9 fairways are well maintained,cut & trash free. Scorecards available with maps on the back. Practice basket about 50ft from #1.
Cons: Some Tee signs need work, atleast the ones facing south. A few Tees also need work,rain run off. Atleast the ones on the sides of hills. The fairways on the back 9 needed to be cut. Carefull going down the hill on #12? very small sticks & stones made me slip.Need to have a spotter on a few holes or play it safe. I lost a disc "going for it" on #15. if you find it my name & number is on it.....But just give it to a newbie. A few, 3/4, pop/water bottles found. But it's not like someone is dumping their trash,as I've seen before,but not at this course.
Other Thoughts: About 30 minutes from I-465/I-65,From Indy's Eastside. They use the "Honor System" for Entry Fees & Drinks. If you feel $8 all day is to costly,pay $5. It has been a few years since I last played here and I could tell the Entry Fees are going back into the course.