Kingsport, TN
Borden Park Share
Uploaded By: prerube Hole #6 (Taken 6/2010)

Adequate

5+    9/15/2013   10/12/2013
Review By: lammersk
Pros: Easy to get to if you are around Kingsport and you want to try out disc golf.
Cons: 1. No signs showing the layout of a hole.
2. No signs showing how to get to the next hole.
3. Most of the baskets are unmarked and those marked have a small number painted on the pole.
4. When I played there were a number of trees with white markings on them that made me wonder if they were supposed to be mandatories. One definitely was, but I still don't know about the others.
5. More than once, I threw at a basket from the tee and when I got to my disc looked up and saw two baskets that could actually be the one I should be throwing at.
Other Thoughts: This is not a terrible course. Download the map from here and take it with you because you will need it.

Experienced golfers will bypass this in favor of Winged Deer or Warriors Path. Serious beginners would be better served driving to Steele Creek or maybe even making the trek to Sugar Hill.

I've been disc golfing for less than six months and started out at this course. If it was better marked it would be maybe a point higher, but it was frustrating having to pull out the map to try to figure out where to go next or which basket to throw at. Of the 5 courses I rotate through, this ranks lowest - behind Winged Deer, Steele Creek, Warriors Path and Sugar Hill.

1    8/19/2009   3/19/2010
Review By: tyedyeteebyrd
Pros: Simple and short course good for beginners
Cons: Confusing lay out you can stand on one tee and see 3 holes you can easily throw to nasty mud pits and ditches. The one on the last hole stunk.
Other Thoughts: If you like short easy courses then this course is for you. Bring a map though you'll need it.

C = As average as the come

5+    5/11/2005   6/7/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A