Wakeeney, KS
Scout Park Share
Uploaded By: Chained Evil Hole #4 (Taken 4/2013)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Approach

It looks like I get to be first!

1    10/15/2009   12/29/2009
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The design makes great use of the limited available space. It has the basic elements that make a course good such as numbered tees and baskets with the design from basket to next not too difficult to follow through to the next hole. There is one tunnel shot that I thought was fun. Considering the location of Wakeeney Kansas, this is a great place to break up a long I-70 drive and stretch out the legs for a quick nine. Scout Park was very clean and is the type of park course I could see going barefoot in.
Cons: The designated tee areas are hard to find. It took me a few holes to realize I was looking for this mini-medicine ball looking things as my markers. Once I realized my error, I went back and re played the two holes that I had previously had to play "safari". There is a playground near the course on one hole and the design has a tightness that would be problematic if there was a possibility of multiple groups on the course. The tee areas are just in the grass, no biggie, but given the limited available land and flat landscape there is not much else this course could do to increase its grade in my opinion. There was one hole location that was too close to a neighbor's yard for a right hand side arm or left handed back hand.
Other Thoughts: This is a pretty common 9 hole park course. While I doubt that there is anyone out there who would list this course as a favorite, I was able to get utility from it. I got the feeling that I was the only person to throw a disc on this course in a long time. Funny thing is the directions tell you to that the course is just west of "the" water tower, but there are two water towers and if I remember correctly you'll want to make you way to the eastern one. Wakeeney is a very hard town to get lost in though.