1 Helpful / 0 Not
Bridges of Marathon County
Pros: 1) Nice big concrete tees are always a positive . . . especially for me who plays all over in the winter.
2) Nice infrastructure with well built bridges crossing over the stream in multiple places.
3) Garbage cans available in multiple places on the course. It also seems like the locals must actually use the cans because it seemed to be pretty clean . . .although I played in the winter . . . it might be a different story in the summer.
4) Posts with Hole Layout, Hole # Par and Distance. Always a welcome site for a guy like me who travels all over to play different courses.
5) Awesome variety in tree density and the types of trees. There are some more open park holes with nice deciduous trees, then some of the tighter holes are all lined with mature evergreens, some tight technical holes through dense hardwood forest. All in all a great asset to this course is this diversity.
6) Nice variety of shot shaping to do well. You will want to work your disc both ways so bring all your throws and a nice variety of discs.
7) Nice variety in hole distance . . . Although almost all the holes are between 175 -275 the foliage and tree density really makes the effective distances different.
8) Nice park with a skate park, tennis, playgrounds, bathrooms, baseball field and more.
9) Plenty of constant challenge . . no real weak holes in terms of design or challenge. Nothing super dramatic or jaw dropping but it is just a solid decent course.
Cons: 1) Flow and navigation is a little tough in a few spots . . . crossing the bridges, switchbacks from a basket to the next tee. I don't remember seeing any navigational aids so that is something that would help this courses rating improve.
2) Not beginner friendly because of all of the trees and ways for you to go offline with a slightly errant drive.
3) With the density of the wooded holes I did notice lots of piles of branches and fallen limbs . . . there isn't much access to remove this stuff, but it should have been thrown further away and more out of play . . . or maybe I should not throw my disc there! Screw that I'm blaming someone other than myself. :)
4) A little too much luck might be needed on a few holes. I agree with what some of the other reviewers have said . . . a few more trees might need to come down to make this a more fair and fun challenge rather than unlucky tree hits.
5) You will need to contain your temper here . . . lots of trees to hit and I guarantee you will hit a lot of them.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course at all . . . it is pretty, a nice walk in the woods, it has challenge on almost all holes, makes you throw a lot of different shots and different discs. I would come to this course just about anytime if it was close to me. It isn't top notch in any regard but it is just a solid course.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Decent wooded course
Pros: I had a really good time with this course. It's 18 holes of tough, with lots of tight fairways and some pretty good turns. A nice mix of left and right, short and medium-long. A very pretty course, with a real "walk through the woods" experience playing through the pines. Not a lot of brush and scrub growth so finding your disc is not difficult if you end up off the fairway. Nice facilities, and an "Around Nine" practice hole at the start of the course to warm up putting. Easy access from the town of Marshfield, and not hard to find. Great signage.
Cons: Very wet in the spring, with one area being completely spongy and soaked when I played. No long fairways. Some fairways are a bit "optimistic," which is to say "non-existent" - no clear path the the basket. Some interaction with other park activities, but not a lot, most of the course is in the woods. A couple holes are wide open.
Other Thoughts: A nice place to play 18, and certainly a cool experience if you like the forest. Some holes are challenging, a couple are "close your eyes, throw, and pray," but the overall experience makes up for whatever shortcomings the course has. I would play here again if in Marshfield.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.