San Angelo, TX
Brentwood Park Share
Uploaded By: biggio1 Hole #3 (Taken 5/2007)
Hole #3 Tee: OB street left and creek right

2-4    12/26/2013   12/26/2013
Review By: TheBearcat
Pros: This course was great! Some really fun holes. Locating is great. It is in a park surrounded by a few other DG courses. This course is really easy to follow. Starts and ends near the same spot.
Cons: There are a few hazards to watch out for. At one point you throw over a tennis court and another time near a basketball area. I was playing the day after christmas so the park wasnt busy at all.
Other Thoughts: the course was slightly repetitive, but not to the point that it caused me to not have fun or be enjoyable. Played it twice and had tons of fun! A must play if you're swinging through San Angelo. Best course in San Angelo IMO.

1    7/20/2013   8/12/2013
Review By: tkmcdougal
Pros: I like that there is a course map even though it is not needed because it is just one big loop. At least it is easy to navigate, there is nothing worse than wasting time trying to find the next hole.The course is well maintained and there are a few obstacles, such as the drainage canal that runs throughout the course. The baskets were in great shape. I did like the rubber pads.
Cons: I did not like how basic the course was. It was just the same scenery throughout the entire round. I like a little bit of a change of pace, going from woods to open to left to right. I like variety and elevation change. I hated hole 4. I can't stand when baseball backstops are right in the middle of holes. It is bad design. You don't see a field goal in the middle of a ball golf course so work your way around the backstop.

5+    7/10/2013   7/10/2013
Review By: TheHipstick
Pros: Great 9 hole course, very nice teepads and baskets. A couple shots at an ace. A couple open/big arm holes and a couple technical shots. A really fun course and that's what it's all about.
Cons: Few trash cans, tennis courts are kinda in the way and if you pick the wrong day and contend with kids soccer practice on a couple of the holes.
Other Thoughts: Really fun course. Highly recommend the course if your from out of town.

great 9

2-4    12/18/2009   12/25/2009
Review By: mc lazer
Pros: This is a great 9. The tee boxes are superb, wish that Austin would use these rubber mats. It doesn't look like a good course until you play it, I've been very happy with all the courses I've played in Angelo so far. The creek's in play on a few but only a real hazard in the deep spot that holds water.
Cons: That tennis court fence has to go, I could probably snag an Ace on that hole if it wasn't there.
Other Thoughts: You guys in Angelo are real lucky to have the courses there, I've seen none close to acceptable within 100 miles. But I'm an out of towner and haven't seen or done it all. Really love the boxes, hope to see some of those at Middle Concho in the future.

5+    9/16/2008   2/23/2009
Review By: biggio1
Pros: Nice crushed granit fly pad tees. Well maintained city park. Great for nite golf. Creek and lots of OB.
Cons: No elevation, watch for kids having football and soccer practice during parts of the year.
Other Thoughts: This was the first course I ever played and it will always have a special place in my heart and mind.

Short and Interesting

1    12/30/2008   1/2/2009
Review By: WD09
Pros: Tight shots around trees and near or over creek on almost every hole. It is challenging if you play all the OBs with creek and road. If you don't, it would be a good course for beginners. Creek was dry when I was there and it is concrete and stone through the park, so discs are likely to be recoverable if there is water. Good baskets. I like the rubber tees. It's easy to find your way around the course.
Cons: There is one hole that goes around or over a basketball and tennis court and there were kids on them when I was there. There are no distances marked. I would say only two holes are longer than 300 feet.
Other Thoughts: All the local players I met in San Angelo were nice, friendly, and helpful.