Ardmore, OK
Broadlawn Park Share
Uploaded By: Longstride Hole #10 (Taken 11/2012)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #10 Basket to Tee: Tee to right of 9th basket

okay but needs work

1    10/30/2009   11/3/2009
Review By: dreadlock86
This review was updated on 5/17/2010
Pros: wide open course to work on your drives.
mostly shorter holes, feel good about your low score.
work on your windy day game.
fairly easy to navigate.
Cons: course is somewhat in disrepair. baskets on #11 & 18 are broken. some holes have signs others just have a pole (a few have distances written on them).
not a lot of variety here. just wide open shots that aren't even that far.
not really the best plot of land and perhaps not utilized as well as it could have been. design is 9 holes up and 9 holes back so on a relatively small plot there are several possible destination baskets on holes that don't have any signs. be sure to bring a map, or snap a pic of the map near the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: if you are driving between DFW and OKC and looking for a place to stop and play, go to flightline in pauls valley instead. great course.

with a couple new baskets and proper signage, this could be a nice mediocre course. at present, it leaves something to be desired.

i don't know if there is a local club that could raise some money or put in the time to repair and upgrade the course but it needs it.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

decent course

1    5/20/2009   5/20/2009
Review By: sensei
Pros: We played the day after a heavy rain storm. There was some standing water on a few fariways but virtually no mud outside the creek.

It's disc golf in Southern Oklahoma!
Cons: Very short

Poorly marked

The tee box for hole 16 was completely inaccessible due to the washed out creek. Looks like it has been that way a while as a tree branch is literally three feet above the concrete.
Other Thoughts: We were in Thackerville OK for a wedding and this was the closest 18 hole course that I hadn't played before. I was surprised at the lack of mud given the conditions the night before. I think it's because this course doesn't get much play.

The locals must not see many disc golfers, most of them were oblivious to us and would walk right between us and the basket. The few who did notice us watched us like we were from mars.

As mentioned, most of the signs that tell you which basket you're supposed to be throwing at are missing. I took a picture of the course map on my phone before we started and that really helped us find our way around.

Be warned, there is a new hospital being built right in the middle of one of the streets on the Google Maps directions and some of the neighborhood streets are tricky (they go for a few blocks then end and then start over again). Have a backup route or a smartphoneGPS until Google gets the directions fixed.