Ardmore, OK
Broadlawn Park Share
Uploaded By: Longstride Hole #3 (Taken 11/2012)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

It is what it is

1    3/14/2011   3/17/2011
Review By: Chained Evil
Pros: A very nice beginner level course. Not a whole lot of holes that are super long. #9 and #10 are up on a terrace and #9's basket is sunken down a bit. Both baskets are side by side. #14 has 2 trees right off the tee box to the right. #16 makes you tee off from across the creek. I wouldn't say the water threat is severe, but when the creek was full I could see where you might lose a disc. The tee pads were good. Some holes where slightly guarded by trees.
If I had to compare this course to another course that I have played, I would say it resembles Leonard Woods in Lewisville TX, but without the length.
Cons: #17,18 baskets need to be repaired. Many of the distance signs are non existent. I can only recall there being 2-4 sign that were actually there. Navigation was confusing. There is a map under the links/files for this course, as well as the map at the park itself, but it was not the best in the world for a first timer.
Other Thoughts: This is a good course for what it is. You can get an ace here pretty easily, if you are lucky and have the skill. I was within 3 feet on #9 and #18 myself and I am an amateur who has only been playing a year. There was only 1 other group of disc golfers there the day that I played. There were about 5 people walking in the park so be aware.
About the only trouble that I could see a disc golfer getting into at this course would be if you shanked a shot on the front or back nine to the left, you might end up in someones backyard. Also on the back 9 you could end up in the creek, which could be troublesome if there was more water in it then when I played. If I lived in the area I am sure that I would play this course often, but this is not a must play by any means. I stopped here on my way from Wichita KS to Dallas TX, A: to see what it was like and B: to stretch my legs. If you are looking for something to do to break up drive up or down I-35 then this would be a great place to get out and stretch your legs.

Ardmore

5+    6/14/2009   6/14/2009
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: Ok course with lots of different shots. Can throw almost any type of shot and it will work, except maybe a roller if the grass hadn't been mowed. The tee pads are concrete and the baskets are in good shape. Good course for all levels of players ranging from the very new to the pro/adv player. Everything is pretty short so that a very low round is available to someone who is on "fire". Not alot of places to lose plastic which is a plus too. Lots of ace runs as well. You can play this course very fast due to not much traffic.
Cons: Pretty open so it can get hot very fast. Lots of people walking around and playing in the park. The wind is always here just like everywhere else in Oklahoma. Too short to be ranked higher with other courses. Tee signs are missing for the most part and navigation can get tricky for first timers to the park but not to terrible.
Other Thoughts: Parking can be an issue if its a nice day. Not worth the trip just for this, but you can use it for a leg break if you are driving from OKC to Dallas.

Narrow and family friendly

2-4    8/16/2004   10/17/2008
Review By: okjazz
Pros: easy to walk on and play, plays along a nice creek, access to small park for children, picnic area with covered gazebo, great for beginners
Cons: overall short course, due to narrow lay-out must be careful of crossing fairways
Other Thoughts: Locals friendly and the park is well maintained