Marstons Mills, MA
Burgess Park Share
Uploaded By: adam423 Hole #18 (Taken 6/2009)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / 301ft.   3 / 433ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #18 White Tee

Disc Golfin On The Cape Cod!

1    8/2/2011   8/13/2011
This review was updated on 4/19/2012
Pros: Burgess Park is what I've figured out to be a pretty typical New England style course. That is one which plays primarily through a forested area with some minor elevation changes. Burgess has natural pads and decent baskets with the numbers on top. #'s 2,3 and 4? had different teepads. I got a little confused with the navigation at times stumbling about. Some more next tee signs could have helped my experience out here. There are some nice ACE opportunities. Mostly this is a recreational course. It's not going to challenge advanced players. I thought # 9 was kind of a strange hole standing out in the middle of a field by itself about 325'??? And is there another basket here for another # 9. I never found the # 10 pad. Also are there two baskets for # 13?

# 14 was a very pretty fairway. # 13 and # 14 both have new DGA baskets with the red numbers on top. There is a nice view of the lake from just behind # 14 pad.
Cons: The natural teepads could be improved. If not concrete, how about building blocks inside a wooden frame. I think they work very well. Navigation was fairly difficult for me here. Some next tee arrows or maybe some little metal signs hanging from the baskets rungs would help. Anything to help us first time players would be appreciated.

I never found # 18.
Other Thoughts: The course is crammed in this space pretty tightly at times. I'm sure the locals know the route. This would be one of those courses where you play it twice or with a guide and you would know it well. There are some fun throws here and the closest course from here that's not on an island is 47 miles away, so this might be your course choice today.

Could use a little TLC...

1    9/24/2010   9/27/2010
Review By: adlacro
Pros: 18 holes with extra baskets on a few holes. A few tees to each hole makes it great for kids/newbs. Baskets in great shape, and very little brush allows for low disc loss. A few more open holes mixed in a mostly wooded and short course design. Not bad for the only Cape course I'm aware of.
Cons: Although the choice of tees isn't such a bad thing, not having them well marked hurts a first-timer. Some confusion as to which hole/basket to throw from. There is also only one long hole that really stood out, other than that there wasn't a whole lot of variety.
Other Thoughts: It is not bad for the only Cape course, but if there was a little more work with some signs and a little clarification on the tees, it would jump the rating on the course a disc. It was still a solid play and I nearly took home my first career ace.

Fun to play on vacation

1    7/1/2003   12/1/2009
Review By: jonnieoh
Pros: I got to play disc golf while on vacation in Cape Cod!
Cons: Woods. If you don't like wooded courses, this may turn you off.
Other Thoughts: It wasn't my favorite course, but just the fact that I got to play while on vacation in another state, well that was just plain fun... I'd go back again, definitely.