Brewton, AL
Burnt Corn Creek Park Share
Uploaded By: Manson Hole #5 (Taken 4/2011)
4 / 286ft.   4 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole # 5 Tee, S curve over river

Nice Park, Ok golf

1    4/5/2011   4/11/2011
Review By: Manson
Pros: Beautiful, well maintained park great for walking both humans and canines (going to bring mine next time). Signs at each tee telling hole #, distance and par. River made 4 & especially 5 interesting. Poor drainage in park, couple of holes were barely playable as I went the day after a good thunderstorm the night before.
Cons: Course not particularly challenging, for the most part an easy par for am's. Birdie opportunites there if your drive is decent. 5, 6, and 7 where kinda tough. Course could use #'s on baskets. Not a huge deterence, but I had to stand at the tee for a second each time and figure out where I was supposed to be throwing. Right next to busy streets. Not the fault of the course, but I generally enjoy the quiet, get away from it all when I disc. Seemed like the whole town was watching me.
Other Thoughts: Beautiful, well maintained park (met a friendly old timer who was working there, actually had to skip hole 6 as I didn't want to take a chance of braining him with a disc) set by a river. River comes into play on 4 & 5. No prob on 4 as you can merely slide your disc down a walking path to layup close to the basket. 5 was a tough shot (s curve over river) but as long as the wind isn't a factor, which it was the day I played, it's a very makeable shot that gives a bit of an ego boost as throwing over water and taking a chance of losing a disc is very real. 6 is a long hole over walking areas and lots of people use this park. I went on a Tuesday at lunch time and several times I had to wait for traffic. Weekends will probably have more traffic. 7 seemed to be the most challenging for me as you had to choose how to layup. The rest were pretty much just throw with not a lot of planning. I scored well under par my first time there whereas a challenging course will usually make me have several shots at the course before I can master it. Sounds like I'm bashing this course but I'm not. Enjoyed my experience there and would play again. It's a great "take your lunch and eat in the park along with 9 or 18 of discing", I was just hoping for a bit more of a challenge.

Challenging 9 holer

1    8/1/2009   8/3/2009
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: 9 really varied and some outright difficult holes. Concrete tee pads and signs at every hole. Some unique challenges using a large river and botanical arrangements.
Cons: Bunk par. Some shots just seemed impossible and that might be why the par was so high, so you could lay up and take the safe way around. Seemed to have poor drainage as there was standing water in many fairways. Baskets are not numbered but usually was fairly obvious which one you were shooting for.
Other Thoughts: Since there are no pictures and I had no camera, I will give a short hole description:

1) A straight ahead field shot to deceive you into thinking this would be a cake walk.
2) A slight dogleg across a walking path.
3) Quick dogleg right hidden behind bushes.
4) Short, 156', low ceiling AND there is a 15' dropoff into a raging river about 10' behind the basket
5) You either s-curve wide over the river or lay up from tree cluster to tree cluster to the left.
6) Blind 300+' approach, all your lay up zones are amid landscaping, if you can throw 365' dead straight you will love this hole
7) 2 very tight approaches through brush to dogleg left
8) Caty-corner to the skate park, open field shot.
9) Open field shot as well