Pittsburgh, PA
Schenley Park Share
Uploaded By: timg
View from the top of the hill near tee #1

Target golf at it's best

5+    4/1/2010   4/3/2010
Review By: JDaley522
Pros: Holes 6 through 17 are packed in the woods...you'll hear alot of trees getting hit as you play
Cons: Next tee signs could be easier to see
Other Thoughts: After the first four holes, I put away my driver...if you're not accurate, you can easily score 70+ on this course

A- = A Great Course!

1    6/18/2006   5/1/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up (from the longs):
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- A-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.