1 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: - Some nice open holes
- Good tee boxes
- Good signage
- Baskets were in great shape
- In the woods
- It looked new; no garbage on the course
Cons: - Some holes were confusing
- Some holes were too easy, some were too hard
- I wish this wasn't 3 hours away
Other Thoughts: Good course for all levels.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Target golf at it's best
Pros: Holes 6 through 17 are packed in the woods...you'll hear alot of trees getting hit as you play
Cons: Next tee signs could be easier to see
Other Thoughts: After the first four holes, I put away my driver...if you're not accurate, you can easily score 70+ on this course
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 10 Not
A- = A Great Course!
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up (from the longs):
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- A-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage…if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
6 of 16 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.