3 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: - Two basket locations for each hole.
- Practice basket, lost disc box and info kiosk. Course is easy to navigate.
- Good parking.
- Two concrete teepads for every hole except #2 and #17. These substantially change the game play (#2 does have a second tee box, but has not been poured).
- Bathrooms and playground. My 3 year old gets the reward of going on the swing after walking a round with me.
- The course is very tidy. Many groomed paths, some trash cans, good signage, very little undergrowth despite the woods. Many benches.
- Random Doubles every Saturday at 9 am (seasonal).
- The holes are legitimate par 3, not pitch and toss.
- Course is navigable using a standard stroller (with a little work).
- Covered picnic tables.
- Challenging, technical layout with good use of elevation on several holes. Still novice friendly.
Cons: - Everything is a par 3, w/ longest hole at 405'.
- There are not any open holes (#8 being the most open).
- It can be a little crowded at times. Playing solo, I once played through 4 groups in one round.
- The trail from #8 basket to #9 tee is a bit steep (stroller concern).
- Some of the drives are blind, and there are no signs at the tee showing the layout of the hole.
Other Thoughts: It's the busiest course in the area for a reason. It is easy to play and navigate while still being technically demanding due to the many trees. It's easy to relax and have fun without becoming aggravated having to hunt for your disc all the time or searching for the next tee box. Couple this with the beautiful forest setting and this is a very enjoyable course.
You may occasionally encounter Boy Scout troops practicing their map reading skills (that's what the numbered posts with the white and red markings on the top are for), as well as bird watchers (I have seen an owl and a woodpecker) or students on a field trip.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Trees Trees Trees!!!
Pros: Beautiful course through the trees.
Extremely well maintained.
Great variety of shots needed.
Two basket locations for each hole.
Cons: No real indication as to what location the basket is in.
Even with the great signs and trail markings, on some holes it was still hard to see where through the trees the baskets were located until your second shot.
Very tight fairways on a number of holes. Almost to the point that it gets a little discouraging because it seems like there isn't a line you can take that won't end up clipping a tree along the way.
Other Thoughts: This course is definitely well maintained and the layout has had a lot of thought put into it.
I wasn't crazy about the actual play of this course though. It seemed like there were no rewards on some holes no matter how well you throw it.
Overall, I would recommend playing this course at least once. But it's not one that's going to become my favorite or a regular on my list..
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.