Bremerton, WA
Uploaded By: Aragorn Hole #4
3 / 188ft.   3 / 237ft.   3 / 218ft.   3 / 267ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Red Tee

< Prev 1 2 3
A great time on a great course

2-4    1/13/2014   1/30/2014
Review By: b-mart
Pros: NAD Park is a prime example of what Northwest disc golf is all about. You're playing through an old growth forest with very little underbrush. It's pretty quiet and serene, even though it sits right next to the major highway of the area. With cement tee pads, challenging lines, quality baskets, and multiple tees and pin placements, this course offers something for nearly everyone. The reds offer birdie opportunities and ace runs for the more experienced players, and aren't too frustrating for newer players. Once you reach the point where you're bored with the reds, the blues bring in a whole new challenge. I haven't played them myself yet, so I can't speak to how they differ from the reds, but they offer longer approaches at the very least. I've never seen this course crowded either, which is nice when you play solo or with small groups.

The layout is very well thought out and uses the land available to challenge any type of throw. You have a little bit of everything to challenge your game, from tight fairways to uphill shots, downhill left turning fairways to flat right turning ones, and everything in between. There aren't any long walkouts, and the fairways don't really encroach on each other. There are random mandos on the course that you would REALLY have to shank a drive to miss, but most of these are well thought out as well. All mandos are clearly marked, and there are plenty of "next tee" signs and bag hangers scattered throughout the course.

Finally, this course is extremely accessible, as it is less than 100 yards east of the Austin Dr exit.
Cons: The length and tightness of the fairways could be a con to some. This type of course fits my game and my arm just fine, but I could see people getting bored if they want the chance to really air one out. A lot of these are mid and putter holes for the higher level of golfer. That's not me though, so I don't consider this a con. If you do? That's why I included this in "cons".

The course can be a bit confusing for a first time visitor, as a lot of the signage on the teepads is missing. The navigation is fine, but it would be nice to know exactly where you're supposed to be throwing to without necessarily having to walk the hole ahead of time.
Other Thoughts: A course like this that has multiple pin placements in blind locations is awesome. However, it would be nice if they could find some way to let you know which placement the pin is in. As in, put a marker at the teepad that states which one you're throwing to, and change that whenever the placement changes. That way you could have signage on the pad that shows both possibilities, but then lets you know which one is the reality. I guess they'd have to actually replace the missing signs before doing this though.

NAD is one of my favorite courses that I've played. It fits my range well and I can score low, but it's still challenging enough to keep me coming back for more. It holds the distinction of being my lowest score through 18 in the state (my -7 in Indiana will be tough to beat with my skill set), and will likely be the first 18 that I score below par on. Once that happens, and once that becomes a regular thing, I'll just switch to blues and keep on doing it. That's why NAD is so fun. It's challenging enough for any level of player.

5+    5/30/2013   6/3/2013
Review By: Greenbowlpacker
Pros: Fun. Well maintained. Good layout. I like just about everything about this course. I typically play thurston, mason, pierce, and kitsap counties on a regular basis and I enjoy this one the most I'd say. The tees usually have seating and/or a place to put your bag. Most holes have good character. There are a few straight shots, but the trees provide enough trouble to make any straight on shot involve some element of strategy. There are lots of elevation changes.
Cons: The signage could use some work and updating.
Other Thoughts: Fairly easy to stay on top of discs. Don't forget to bring a towel!

changes to 13 weak--RETHINK!

5+    6/6/2013   5/10/2013
Review By: longandwrong
This review was updated on 6/7/2013
Pros: course is still the most relaxed and fun course in the area. Love all the options with different pads and basket locations. Right now playing all the short baskets. This course seems like you should get a -18, all birdies but it has a ton of surprises if your throw is off even an inch.
Cons: The new 'red' pad OR the new short location for the basket for hole #13 doesn't work for me. Makes the hole cheap. CAN I SAY, I WAS WRONG ON THE NEW #13! After playing this hole a number of times since...I now think it's a fun Par 3 hole with two different approach shots. You could make a birdie very easily and maybe bang some chains! I like throwing a backhand hizer and then putt for the bird! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!
Other Thoughts: Still looking to see a long basket location for hole #1 and a 'blue' tee pad for #2 hole. It will make this course totally great. If all the baskets are in the long and you play all the 'blue' pads...get ready this is a championship course.

1    2/23/2013   2/23/2013
Review By: Josh Heideman
Pros: Very challenging love that there lots of different elevations. It was harder for me because of the multiple doglegs rights. Very laid out with maps at every hole.
Cons: Not very long I am use to shelton springs and can have a 300+ foot drive and still be 100+ away from the basket. Lots and lots of trees and these trees move lol.

Ruggedly Refined

5+    2/16/2013   2/17/2013
Review By: RawwDawwg
Pros: A challenging course carved through the mist of a forest. A variety of trees and big timber makes for a visually pleasing enviroment. The terrain provides many distinct holes which challenge the golfer to be inventive with their shotmaking.

Alot of work has been put into making the course a pleasure to play. Concrete tees, racks to hang bags from & plenty of large trees cut to provide a table or a place to sit.
Cons: Those with big arms won't find a lot of space to let loose with long drives.

Errant throws on some holes can result in long searches to locate a wayward disc.
Other Thoughts: The second hole is one of my favorites... I like driving from an elevated tee & the visual of following my disc as it hopefully glides down the fairway and hooks towards the basket.

Must Play again and again

5+    9/5/2012   9/7/2012
Review By: ajjrt
Pros: This course is great for all levels of play and all ages. Has multiple boxes and pins placements. West Sound Disc Golf Assoc. does a great job moving everything around to give everyone a great experience. Has good park bathrooms. Great views, great hike in the woods. Playing by myself I can do the course in under an hour if I'm pressed for time.
Cons: crowded course...probably the most popular course in Kitsap county. Need to finishing blue box on #2 and adding another pin placement spot for #1.
Other Thoughts: Love all the tournaments and mixed doubles play. Enjoy your time here then head 8 miles to Bud Pell or Fairgrounds for another great round.

Well-Rounded Park

5+    6/19/2012   6/20/2012
Review By: Calyub
Pros: - Park is very clean (trash cans present at every tee).
- Very little underbrush present. You won't have to spend a lot of time locating your disks.
- Challenging holes. While most of the distances may not be 300+ feet, the course still can be challenging due to the amount of trees in the way.
- Each tee is well marked and there are several signs pointing you towards the next hole.
- Secluded. The course has that "state park" feel to it. Most of the course is tucked away inside a beautiful forest.
- Variation. You will see: uphill shots, downhill shots, obscured shots, shots to the left and right, etc.
- Location. It is close to both Silverdale and Bremerton. A fenced playground (covered picnic, restrooms, a cool fighter jet) are close by.
Cons: - Not a lot of parking. You can park on the road or "borrow" a parking spot from the store across the street.
- Several muddy areas. Best to bring some water-proof boots with you in the rainy seasons.
- If you have young children, a couple of the holes are not kid / stroller friendly. (Examples: distances and steep path between 8/9 and also at hole 16).
- Almost always busy. This is the one park that I go to that seems to be fairly busy no matter the day or time.
Other Thoughts: There are not a lot of cons about this course. Definitely one of the cleanest and most organized course I have played in. To give you an idea of the playtime, a group of 4 (mid level skill) players will take around 90 minutes - 2 hours to get through the 18 holes. Not as challenging as Fairgrounds and Bud Pell (parks in the immediate area) but for over-all experience, NAD excels.

NAD

1    10/16/2011   10/16/2011
Review By: -Hawk-
Pros: Very well marked! The under brush was sparse enough to where our disks were usually easy to see and find, so we all went home with all of our disks. We like the setup of the tees too, complete with a hanger post to hang a bag on, and a very good description of the layout of the basket, including both a 'A' and 'B' basket for which ever one is placed. It had some challenging parts, but us newbies, and my three kids included, had a wonderful time though! I even got an ace on hole 13, on only my third time disk golfing.
Cons: It was mucky in a couple of places, but hey, we live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, so no real biggie.
It was also really busy, so being the wife and I and our three kids were a bit slower to get the five of us done with a hole, we ended up letting a couple of 2 player groups play through.
Other Thoughts: Fun Fun Fun for our first time here! We will be back for certain!!!!!

NAD

5+    7/24/2011   7/24/2011
Review By: jedimasterbryan
This review was updated on 8/19/2011
Pros: -Info kiosk with lost disc box at beginning of course.
-Multiple tee/pin locations for most holes
-Good signage throughout course, real good hole layout signs at each hole
-Concrete tees
-Heavily wooded course, but without the underbrush you see in other local courses like fairgrounds
Cons: -course can get a little busy since it is one of the more popular courses in the area
-A couple muddy spots throughout the course, which can be a hassle in the rainy pacific NW
Other Thoughts: This is a great course in a good area. Watch your discs flight path and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them since there isn't too much underbrush. This is definitely one of my favorite course in the area. Not quite as good as Dalaiwood, but much more beginner friendly.

Inspiring Course

1    7/3/2011   7/23/2011
Review By: MudDisk
Pros: Beautiful Pacific Northwest forest setting;
Multiple tee pads for most holes;
Challenging but still beginner friendly;
Kid friendly setting with logs and sticks and other nature stuff to keep young minds interested!
Cons: A bit muddy in places-but then again we were in Pacific Northwest;
Sometimes tough to locate an errant disc in the vegetation
Other Thoughts: We were on family vacation and brought along our golf discs. Took our local relatives to play this course and came away very inspired by what I saw. It is very possible to place a well maintained and well-thought out course in amongst the trees and ferns of a forest. From a distance the course seems so densely vegetated that you wonder how you will ever get your disc to the hole. Up close, though, the forest opens up and it is clear that there is plenty of room for your shots. Mind you, there are plenty of trees that will impede your shots, but it is a fair balance. Very glad that we brought the discs along in our carry-ons...it makes for a fun family activity that gets you off the beaten path and allows you to interact with the locals. We highly recommend NAD Park.

Epilogue: Now using the inspiration from playing NAD Park to plan out a course in a bit of forest in my home town.

< Prev 1 2 3