Bremerton, WA
Hole #8 Blue Tee

Great use of space

1    4/23/2014   4/23/2014
Review By: nathani
Pros: Tight course with good use of elevation change. A good mix of open, tight, up, down. Rotating pin positions adds to replayability. Terrain is clear and walkable, not too much under brush to lose your disc in. Excellent concrete tee pads with benches, posts and garbage cans at nearly every hole. Signage is also very good, with hole info on every hole as well. Practice target out front with tables and playground. A well maintained course.

Some put the swampy areas in the cons, but I think it adds to the pressure and creates a hazard that isn't going to swallow your disc, just get it dirty. These areas are usually visible from the tee.
Cons: No big distance holes; all holes are par 3. Parking seems a little disorganized.
Other Thoughts: West Sound DGA is tops in my books! Can wait to play the other pin positions.

Wonderful picturesque Pacific Northwest course.

2-4    8/18/2013   8/18/2013
Review By: Greg Landon
Pros: Absolutely beautiful course in the woods. Minimal undergrowth makes finding discs fairly easy on most holes. Very fun use of elevation changes without making it a huge hike.
Cons: Holes 3 and 8 have some mud hazards to avoid until mid summer, but not a huge problem.
Other Thoughts: My first introduction to disc golf was at this course in a chance encounter with some of the locals when I stopped at this park with my kids. We have been hooked since, and its one of our favorite family activities now. I would be here at least once a week if I lived closer.

Great Course

5+    5/24/2013   6/11/2013
Review By: medikated
Pros: -Beautiful layout. Dual tee pads and basket placements,allows player to choose level of challenge. Not hard to navigate, keep an eye out for next tee arrows/signs. Everytime I've played this course it's never crowded. Locals are super nice. Everything is well maintained and kept clean.
Cons: -I have nothing bad to say.
Other Thoughts: If you're looking to throw some monster shots this isn't the place. Distance isn't used here as a challenge /obstacle. 'Threading the needle' through trees on nearly every hole is the challenge.
Anyway, this is probably my favorite course in the Puget Sound area and if you live in the area or you're visiting I suggest to make the effort to play here.

Great PNW course

5+    9/16/2012   9/17/2012
Review By: jophus21
Pros: Where to begin! This course is a shining example of what a woods disc
golf course should aspire to be. The tees are nice, flat, cement, with
just enough grip to keep you from slipping even in the inclement weather
that this area is famous for. There are two tees on every hole that
really add to the repeat playability of this course. There are also two
pin positions on every hole except number 1, and the pins are either
farther away or distinctly more difficult on almost every hole. NAD
Park from the red tees on short pins is one of the easier courses I've
played and is super newbie friendly; while NAD Park from the blues on
long pins will challenge even the most seasoned woods course veteran.
The atmosphere of the course reminds me of something off of The Princess
Bride with its moss draped, old growth forest full of cedar and douglass
fir trees. The markings and signage are awesome, even with the
difficulties associated with maintaining it during the rainy season.
There are plenty of trash cans spaced out through the course, nice cut
stumps or a hanger on every hole makes sure your bag will stay clean,
and there are even ash trays on most holes with screens over them to
keep people from treating them like trash cans. A few of my favorite
holes are 8 on shorts from the red, 11 on longs from the red, 16 on
shorts from either tee and 5 in any arrangement. The course is free
like all courses in the area; they have a board that tells about
upcoming events that is actually updated regularly; and there is a lost
disc drop box that has facilitated the successful return of several of
my discs.
Cons: The only issues I can find with this course are minor ones: There can be mud on hole 2, the left side of 3, the right side of 8, and pretty much all of 18. I realize there have been some attempts to mitigate this, but due to the long rainy season here in the PNW, that's just the way it goes. The short tee for the long pin on 16 is also really short, and I usually end up stepping off on my drive. The fairway of hole number 6 borders on the tee of hole 7, which can lead to some dangerous shots, especially off the long tee.
Other Thoughts: Awesome course, I know the West Sound DGA spends a lot of volunteer time making sure this course stays that way. Keep up the great work guys, and I'll keep calling this my favorite Washington course!

Absolutely Beautiful

1    6/29/2010   9/20/2010
Review By: halasjackson
Pros: This is a truly beautiful course. The landscape is signature northwest giant ferns beneath a high shady canopy of very old, twisted trees. The open expanse between the treetops and the ground allow for open, yet challenging throws.

Elevation is utilized extremely well emphasizing an aptitude in uncommon uphill / downhill throws.

Established course that obviously had some solid funding. Teepads, signage, and course amenities are all top notch and appropriate to the environment / setting.
Cons: There are a couple holes with OB areas that swallow discs never to be seen again (thick brush, etc.)

Zero "open field" shots -- entire course is wooded. Not necessarily a "Con."
Other Thoughts: I hit this course while on a business trip. I only had time for one course and based on my reading, this was the one I picked. I am very glad to have had this experience and I wish that other courses were resourced and maintained nearly this well.

Beautiful, beautiful course.

5+    6/30/2010   7/3/2010
Review By: bigbmoney
Pros: Best maintained course I have played. Bag holders at every tee are a great addition as well as trash cans at each. Good pin locations and use of natural hazards and elevation changes. Course will present challenges to most players.and fun for everybody.
Cons: The blue tees are sometimes just a couple steps from the red ones. There are some really similar holes strung right together on the middle of the back half(10, 11, 12) all with right legs. All are still made somewhat unique by pin placement. Can't really air out a drive on any hole but that makes for precise lines.
Other Thoughts: My favorite course in Kitsap county. Plenty of challenge for everybody but playable enough for first timers.

Must play

5+    5/30/2009   5/30/2009
Review By: Sparkyant18
Pros: I was lucky to be able to learn and practice on this course. Being that I live in MS now, and played a course the other day down here, I feel this course has helped mold my skills quite well. The length of the holes are all similar but the tree locations give you the amount of challenge needed to teach the types of shots found anywhere. Will be hard to find a more fun course to play on regularly. There are new tee boxes which add a lot more challenge if that's what you're looking for but the old one's remain if you're just beginning. Provide score cards, tournaments regularly, and easy path's to find each hole.
Cons: If you're not used to trees, this isn't the course for you. Like everyone's said, the more skilled might think it's too easy. If that's the case, try Dalaiwood for more of a challenge with similar terrain.
Other Thoughts: Miss this course!

I always have a blast!

5+    6/28/2008   6/28/2008
Review By: Aragorn
This review was updated on 8/12/2008
Pros: Beautiful pacific NW woods setting with large trees. You play underneath the canopy for most of the course. The under story is relatively open so it is actually rare you will lose a disc. Open enough that it is very easy to find lines to the basket. The holes are short so you can hit a tree and still make par.

The NAD has some of the best signage I have seen at a disc course. Both red AND blue tees have their own sign with distance and dog leg info. Very well signed to get from hole to hole, you do not need a map. That is saying a lot for an 18 hole course that winds through the woods. There are trash bags at most holes.

Really just a great hike whether you are golfing or not.
Cons: Not really any long throws on this course. Most holes are pretty short. I did find some Stinging Nettle on hole 8 off in a muddy area but I really didn't see it anywhere else. That stuff is not to be fooled with. It is still stinging hours later.
Other Thoughts: This is the course where I first started throwing forehands off of the tee more regularly. Because of the trees you will be mixing up your forehands, backhands, hyzers and anhyzers.

All 18 holes are in the woods. This is really a great course for the intermediate or even beginning disc golfer that wants to play some technical holes in the trees. A pro could kill this course from the red tees. A group was coming up fast behind me so I let them pass. I had just finished 16 and I watched the guys throw at the basket. 16 is short and strait up a steep hill. His tee shot missed the basket by a foot and came to rest about 3 feet away. He claimed it was his 10th birdie of the day. He was really pumped up on what must have been an all time round for him (he was playing from the red tees).

The blue tees add an extra challenge compared to the red. They are usually placed at an angle to add more of a dog leg or bring some trees more into play. I love playing this course from the blue tees.

I love this course. The combination of always being in the woods yet also usually having good lines to the basket is just a blast. You have to think a little bit to find that line but it is there.

Awe-mazing!

3/20/2008   3/24/2008
Review By: DGtourist
This review was updated on 5/1/2008
Pros: Nad Park is easy to find. A gem of tall rain forest not far from the ocean. The kiosk is in great shape with a good map, there are maps and score cards, not that you would even need one as the entire course is well marked, including little arrows that direct you to the next hole. There are two tee boxes on almost every hole, all of the reds are paved and the blues that are not paved are very well put together. There is a map drawing including distances on a colored post that match the color you are throwing from. Almost every hole has a garbage can, therefore NAD is very clean. I'm not one for sitting when playing but, it seemed like almost every hole had a bench or a good sitting log. NAD has posts to hang your bag on on every red tee box (I did not play blue). There is a variety of shots to be had, some ups and some that dog leg, but mostly NAD is a classic tree bashing course.
Cons: There did not seem to be any long holes. By the end of the round the holes seemed to blend together and appear the same. A buddy described the first few holes as "magical." I had to ask him if the back nine didn't seem as magical because there are starting to seem the same.
Other Thoughts: They have addressed almost all of Olirin's "cons." Playing a 19th as repeating number 2 is a nice way to get back to your ride as the course ends in the middle, and I found that I wished it didn't end at all.