Bremerton, WA
NAD Park Share
Uploaded By: DGtourist Hole #3
3 / 225ft.   3 / 275ft.   3 / 252ft.   3 / 302ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #3 Red Tee

changes to 13 weak--RETHINK!

5+    6/6/2013   5/10/2013
Review By: longandwrong
This review was updated on 6/7/2013
Pros: course is still the most relaxed and fun course in the area. Love all the options with different pads and basket locations. Right now playing all the short baskets. This course seems like you should get a -18, all birdies but it has a ton of surprises if your throw is off even an inch.
Cons: The new 'red' pad OR the new short location for the basket for hole #13 doesn't work for me. Makes the hole cheap. CAN I SAY, I WAS WRONG ON THE NEW #13! After playing this hole a number of times since...I now think it's a fun Par 3 hole with two different approach shots. You could make a birdie very easily and maybe bang some chains! I like throwing a backhand hizer and then putt for the bird! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!
Other Thoughts: Still looking to see a long basket location for hole #1 and a 'blue' tee pad for #2 hole. It will make this course totally great. If all the baskets are in the long and you play all the 'blue' pads...get ready this is a championship course.

1    2/23/2013   2/23/2013
Review By: Josh Heideman
Pros: Very challenging love that there lots of different elevations. It was harder for me because of the multiple doglegs rights. Very laid out with maps at every hole.
Cons: Not very long I am use to shelton springs and can have a 300+ foot drive and still be 100+ away from the basket. Lots and lots of trees and these trees move lol.

Ruggedly Refined

5+    2/16/2013   2/17/2013
Review By: RawwDawwg
Pros: A challenging course carved through the mist of a forest. A variety of trees and big timber makes for a visually pleasing enviroment. The terrain provides many distinct holes which challenge the golfer to be inventive with their shotmaking.

Alot of work has been put into making the course a pleasure to play. Concrete tees, racks to hang bags from & plenty of large trees cut to provide a table or a place to sit.
Cons: Those with big arms won't find a lot of space to let loose with long drives.

Errant throws on some holes can result in long searches to locate a wayward disc.
Other Thoughts: The second hole is one of my favorites... I like driving from an elevated tee & the visual of following my disc as it hopefully glides down the fairway and hooks towards the basket.

Great PNW course

5+    9/16/2012   9/17/2012
Review By: jophus21
Pros: Where to begin! This course is a shining example of what a woods disc
golf course should aspire to be. The tees are nice, flat, cement, with
just enough grip to keep you from slipping even in the inclement weather
that this area is famous for. There are two tees on every hole that
really add to the repeat playability of this course. There are also two
pin positions on every hole except number 1, and the pins are either
farther away or distinctly more difficult on almost every hole. NAD
Park from the red tees on short pins is one of the easier courses I've
played and is super newbie friendly; while NAD Park from the blues on
long pins will challenge even the most seasoned woods course veteran.
The atmosphere of the course reminds me of something off of The Princess
Bride with its moss draped, old growth forest full of cedar and douglass
fir trees. The markings and signage are awesome, even with the
difficulties associated with maintaining it during the rainy season.
There are plenty of trash cans spaced out through the course, nice cut
stumps or a hanger on every hole makes sure your bag will stay clean,
and there are even ash trays on most holes with screens over them to
keep people from treating them like trash cans. A few of my favorite
holes are 8 on shorts from the red, 11 on longs from the red, 16 on
shorts from either tee and 5 in any arrangement. The course is free
like all courses in the area; they have a board that tells about
upcoming events that is actually updated regularly; and there is a lost
disc drop box that has facilitated the successful return of several of
my discs.
Cons: The only issues I can find with this course are minor ones: There can be mud on hole 2, the left side of 3, the right side of 8, and pretty much all of 18. I realize there have been some attempts to mitigate this, but due to the long rainy season here in the PNW, that's just the way it goes. The short tee for the long pin on 16 is also really short, and I usually end up stepping off on my drive. The fairway of hole number 6 borders on the tee of hole 7, which can lead to some dangerous shots, especially off the long tee.
Other Thoughts: Awesome course, I know the West Sound DGA spends a lot of volunteer time making sure this course stays that way. Keep up the great work guys, and I'll keep calling this my favorite Washington course!

Must Play again and again

5+    9/5/2012   9/7/2012
Review By: ajjrt
Pros: This course is great for all levels of play and all ages. Has multiple boxes and pins placements. West Sound Disc Golf Assoc. does a great job moving everything around to give everyone a great experience. Has good park bathrooms. Great views, great hike in the woods. Playing by myself I can do the course in under an hour if I'm pressed for time.
Cons: crowded course...probably the most popular course in Kitsap county. Need to finishing blue box on #2 and adding another pin placement spot for #1.
Other Thoughts: Love all the tournaments and mixed doubles play. Enjoy your time here then head 8 miles to Bud Pell or Fairgrounds for another great round.

Well-Rounded Park

5+    6/19/2012   6/20/2012
Review By: Calyub
Pros: - Park is very clean (trash cans present at every tee).
- Very little underbrush present. You won't have to spend a lot of time locating your disks.
- Challenging holes. While most of the distances may not be 300+ feet, the course still can be challenging due to the amount of trees in the way.
- Each tee is well marked and there are several signs pointing you towards the next hole.
- Secluded. The course has that "state park" feel to it. Most of the course is tucked away inside a beautiful forest.
- Variation. You will see: uphill shots, downhill shots, obscured shots, shots to the left and right, etc.
- Location. It is close to both Silverdale and Bremerton. A fenced playground (covered picnic, restrooms, a cool fighter jet) are close by.
Cons: - Not a lot of parking. You can park on the road or "borrow" a parking spot from the store across the street.
- Several muddy areas. Best to bring some water-proof boots with you in the rainy seasons.
- If you have young children, a couple of the holes are not kid / stroller friendly. (Examples: distances and steep path between 8/9 and also at hole 16).
- Almost always busy. This is the one park that I go to that seems to be fairly busy no matter the day or time.
Other Thoughts: There are not a lot of cons about this course. Definitely one of the cleanest and most organized course I have played in. To give you an idea of the playtime, a group of 4 (mid level skill) players will take around 90 minutes - 2 hours to get through the 18 holes. Not as challenging as Fairgrounds and Bud Pell (parks in the immediate area) but for over-all experience, NAD excels.

NAD

1    10/16/2011   10/16/2011
Review By: -Hawk-
Pros: Very well marked! The under brush was sparse enough to where our disks were usually easy to see and find, so we all went home with all of our disks. We like the setup of the tees too, complete with a hanger post to hang a bag on, and a very good description of the layout of the basket, including both a 'A' and 'B' basket for which ever one is placed. It had some challenging parts, but us newbies, and my three kids included, had a wonderful time though! I even got an ace on hole 13, on only my third time disk golfing.
Cons: It was mucky in a couple of places, but hey, we live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, so no real biggie.
It was also really busy, so being the wife and I and our three kids were a bit slower to get the five of us done with a hole, we ended up letting a couple of 2 player groups play through.
Other Thoughts: Fun Fun Fun for our first time here! We will be back for certain!!!!!

NAD

5+    7/24/2011   7/24/2011
Review By: jedimasterbryan
This review was updated on 8/19/2011
Pros: -Info kiosk with lost disc box at beginning of course.
-Multiple tee/pin locations for most holes
-Good signage throughout course, real good hole layout signs at each hole
-Concrete tees
-Heavily wooded course, but without the underbrush you see in other local courses like fairgrounds
Cons: -course can get a little busy since it is one of the more popular courses in the area
-A couple muddy spots throughout the course, which can be a hassle in the rainy pacific NW
Other Thoughts: This is a great course in a good area. Watch your discs flight path and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them since there isn't too much underbrush. This is definitely one of my favorite course in the area. Not quite as good as Dalaiwood, but much more beginner friendly.

Inspiring Course

1    7/3/2011   7/23/2011
Review By: MudDisk
Pros: Beautiful Pacific Northwest forest setting;
Multiple tee pads for most holes;
Challenging but still beginner friendly;
Kid friendly setting with logs and sticks and other nature stuff to keep young minds interested!
Cons: A bit muddy in places-but then again we were in Pacific Northwest;
Sometimes tough to locate an errant disc in the vegetation
Other Thoughts: We were on family vacation and brought along our golf discs. Took our local relatives to play this course and came away very inspired by what I saw. It is very possible to place a well maintained and well-thought out course in amongst the trees and ferns of a forest. From a distance the course seems so densely vegetated that you wonder how you will ever get your disc to the hole. Up close, though, the forest opens up and it is clear that there is plenty of room for your shots. Mind you, there are plenty of trees that will impede your shots, but it is a fair balance. Very glad that we brought the discs along in our carry-ons...it makes for a fun family activity that gets you off the beaten path and allows you to interact with the locals. We highly recommend NAD Park.

Epilogue: Now using the inspiration from playing NAD Park to plan out a course in a bit of forest in my home town.

NW Ambiance An Extreme Challenge

1    6/8/2011   7/4/2011
Review By: Brent Renken
Pros: The best of the NW scenery makes for an amazing disc golf experience. The challenge from the expert tees is extreme and the beginner tees provide enough to make it fun for all levels.

The east coast and midwest courses provide challenges from low hanging branches and leaves. In contrast, the tree challenge in the NW comes from the thicket of trunks and giant branches created by the towering moss covered forest. It's truly a test of your skills to navigate through the narrow passageways to reach near the basket in 1 shot from the tee box...but it is possible.

Many of the tees are at the bottom of sloping hills. This makes precision throws that much more important as putting to much zing on it will leave you 150' away from the basket or buried in a marsh.
Cons: The rains that create the amazing ambiance also leave you with some marshlands to walk through. It's difficult to avoid the water hazards so I would suggest trading in the sandals for boots or tennis shoes.

If visiting the and playing for the first time, I would suggest having the first thrower go ahead to spot on the holes that can't be seen due to terrain. This will help you avoid losing the disc in the abundance of overgrowth on the forest floor.
Other Thoughts: This course leaves nothing to want and I would suggest playing it if you get the chance.