Bremerton, WA
NAD Park Share
Uploaded By: Aragorn
Park Entrance

1 2 3 4 Next >
  This a challenging but fun course

5+    3/5/2009   3/7/2009
Review By: GuidryDiscGolf
Pros: This is a challenging course that allows to work on all your different throws. You have some short throws that challenge your understable and overstable discs. With some long disc that give you a chance to throw your long drivers. There are also a lot of hazard that you have to avoid, which make it more exciting..
Cons: To many trees, but I personally think it makes the holes more exciting. Also can be crowded at time causing you to have to wait in line.
Other Thoughts: The holes change from long to short pretty regularly, which doesn't allow you to get comfortable with the course. Also a great course to play with a group, but beware for beginners!

Trees

1    6/29/2008   3/4/2009
Review By: runnaman
This review was updated on 3/12/2009
Pros: I have only played this course once but would love to play it again. The amount of trees that this course has makes the holes challenging but still fun. There was also very little foot traffic from people when I was there.

The course was well maintained, there were a few big branches on paths and such but for the most part it was nice and clear.
Cons: On some holes the amount of trees was just rediculous and making them beyond the point of challenging to just plain frustrating. This also can make losing a disc extremely easy. I almost lost two discs on this course so be sure to have someone watch where your disc lands.
Other Thoughts: If you are a beginner just learning how to play disc golf, this course is probably not for you. With all of the trees and brush you might get frustrated or lose a disc and possible not ever want to play disc golf again.

Great course!

5+    11/25/2008   11/25/2008
Review By: randyisrad
Pros: Challenging holes, great hike, secluded environment, great for amatures who play enough to be good but aren't pros :)
Cons: A little too short (but the trees make is seem longer), and it's a little far away unless you live or visit Kitsap county
Other Thoughts: It's worth the drive!

I always have a blast!

5+    6/28/2008   6/28/2008
Review By: Aragorn
This review was updated on 8/12/2008
Pros: Beautiful pacific NW woods setting with large trees. You play underneath the canopy for most of the course. The under story is relatively open so it is actually rare you will lose a disc. Open enough that it is very easy to find lines to the basket. The holes are short so you can hit a tree and still make par.

The NAD has some of the best signage I have seen at a disc course. Both red AND blue tees have their own sign with distance and dog leg info. Very well signed to get from hole to hole, you do not need a map. That is saying a lot for an 18 hole course that winds through the woods. There are trash bags at most holes.

Really just a great hike whether you are golfing or not.
Cons: Not really any long throws on this course. Most holes are pretty short. I did find some Stinging Nettle on hole 8 off in a muddy area but I really didn't see it anywhere else. That stuff is not to be fooled with. It is still stinging hours later.
Other Thoughts: This is the course where I first started throwing forehands off of the tee more regularly. Because of the trees you will be mixing up your forehands, backhands, hyzers and anhyzers.

All 18 holes are in the woods. This is really a great course for the intermediate or even beginning disc golfer that wants to play some technical holes in the trees. A pro could kill this course from the red tees. A group was coming up fast behind me so I let them pass. I had just finished 16 and I watched the guys throw at the basket. 16 is short and strait up a steep hill. His tee shot missed the basket by a foot and came to rest about 3 feet away. He claimed it was his 10th birdie of the day. He was really pumped up on what must have been an all time round for him (he was playing from the red tees).

The blue tees add an extra challenge compared to the red. They are usually placed at an angle to add more of a dog leg or bring some trees more into play. I love playing this course from the blue tees.

I love this course. The combination of always being in the woods yet also usually having good lines to the basket is just a blast. You have to think a little bit to find that line but it is there.

NAD - it's worth the trip!

5/15/2008   5/16/2008
Review By: jsalyers1
Pros: Course is immaculate. Maps with distances at every tee pad, both RED and BLUE. Bag holders, directions to next tee arrows. Great pin placements with good challenge. And the setting is... well... as another poster said: magical!
Cons: If you do not like trees - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COURSE. This is a very technical course. Longest hole is 300 feet. You need to be able to control your disk to do well on this course.
Other Thoughts: The course is so well marked that you can't get lost! This thing could host a tournament tomorrow and the local club should be proud to show their faces for keeping it like this. It's an hour for me to get there from Burien... but I will be sadly killing our Earth and making the trip to play this course.

A lot of hills, but worth the trouble.

5/4/2008   5/4/2008
Review By: LanceInTacoma
Pros: Three of us played this course for the first time today. I was quite impressed by the layout, the multiple tee pads (at most holes), the signage, and the overall course condition. Much like Fairgrounds DGC in the same area, this course really requires accuracy to score well. However, the penalties for being a little bit off are not so severe as at Fairgrounds.
Cons: The course was quite crowded on a nice Sunday afternoon, so we did have to wait quite often as we played, but that is not much of a complaint. I enjoyed all the forested shots, but did wish there were one or two holes with a little more open area to really air one out or possibly attempt a roller.

Northwest Beauty

5+    6/25/2005   4/23/2008
Review By: JR Stengele
This review was updated on 6/25/2011
Pros:
NAD Park is located in Bremerton, Wa. about 45 minutes off of I-5 heading north. This 18 hole course is located a beautiful old growth forest and truly embraces what the northwest is all about. This plush forest is filled with densly populated trees that reach to the sky and ferns that appear to be from the jurassic period. There is a reason the mighty Sasquatch makes his home here in these neck of the woods, it is absolutley breathtaking.

From the first tee to the last, this course challenged me to the fullest. The course was well balanced for the most part, had nice flow, and with the installation of the duel tee's, allows for all level of players. , All holes had signs that were accurate and informative, and even had bag holders cleverly placed at each tee to help alleviate some of the pain along the way. The gravel / cement tee pads are good size and in great shape which helped make this course is fairly easy to navigate.

This course offers some minor elevation on several of the holes, tight and even tighter fairway shots, and difficult pin placements. Holes range anywhere from 147-322 feet but require you to weave throughout the trees in hopes to birdie. The Mach 5 baskets are wonderful for catching long putts and are in great shape (with alternate pin placements as well). Duel tee boxes (blue more advanced then red)is great for multiple rounds and tournaments and the arrows directing you to the next hole is a major plus!
Cons:
There are really only a few things that stood out to me when I played here. First, updating current pin placement on the tee signs to help with the flow and navigation (perhaps using a washer). And second, more hole variation to help break up some of the monotony. However, Both layouts at NAD are very well designed and well maintained.
I was here my first time in 2005 for Worlds Biggest Disc Golf weekend when the course was first opened. Scott Papa and a abunch of the locals were very welcoming and worked hard to have this course installed and have helped keep it in prime shape since the get go. This course truely takes advantage of what the northwest has to offer and I recommend anyone who is traveling through to stop and play a round here and perhaps Dalaiwood if you have time. You won't be disappointed!

Awe-mazing!

3/20/2008   3/24/2008
Review By: DGtourist
This review was updated on 5/1/2008
Pros: Nad Park is easy to find. A gem of tall rain forest not far from the ocean. The kiosk is in great shape with a good map, there are maps and score cards, not that you would even need one as the entire course is well marked, including little arrows that direct you to the next hole. There are two tee boxes on almost every hole, all of the reds are paved and the blues that are not paved are very well put together. There is a map drawing including distances on a colored post that match the color you are throwing from. Almost every hole has a garbage can, therefore NAD is very clean. I'm not one for sitting when playing but, it seemed like almost every hole had a bench or a good sitting log. NAD has posts to hang your bag on on every red tee box (I did not play blue). There is a variety of shots to be had, some ups and some that dog leg, but mostly NAD is a classic tree bashing course.
Cons: There did not seem to be any long holes. By the end of the round the holes seemed to blend together and appear the same. A buddy described the first few holes as "magical." I had to ask him if the back nine didn't seem as magical because there are starting to seem the same.
Other Thoughts: They have addressed almost all of Olirin's "cons." Playing a 19th as repeating number 2 is a nice way to get back to your ride as the course ends in the middle, and I found that I wished it didn't end at all.

Prettiest PNW Rain Forrest!

8/25/2006   2/25/2008
This review was updated on 4/17/2008
Pros: The course is set in the most incredible little section of Washington rain forest. With tall evergreens overhead and ferns growing everywhere, one almost expects a hobbit or a troll to jump out and snatch your disc. The setting is truely serene and borders on surreal. The course has some elevation change, is well marked, has nice benches and hangers to keep your bag dry.
Cons: What I didn't like about NAD was that many of the holes felt the same to me. A long, narrow, blind tee shot followed by a dogleg (usually right). Me (and the group I played with) tired quickly of playing the same type hole over and over. The course in many ways closely resembles Dalaiwood, which just happens to be the nearest course. I'm sure the creator of Dalaiwood was instrumental in shaping this all too similiar course.
Other Thoughts: Worth the drive just for the lovely forest setting. If you're a big thrower, I'd save my gas money and play one of the courses in Tacoma or Seattle.

Quintessential Northwest course

1    6/10/2007   7/3/2007
Review By: Olorin
This review was updated on 8/27/2011
Pros:
This is all that I hoped for in a Washington course! The forest is absolutely beautiful and serene. I loved the evergreens and the lush large fern undergrowth. There were good elevation changes with lots of up and down shots.
-The course is extremely well marked so it's easy to navigate. There are signs everywhere.
-The tee signs are very good.
-The bag holders will keep your discs dry when there's rain.
-There is an online map and score card (but the course has been redesigned since it was made).

Cons:
Suggestions for improvement-
-Update the online map and scorecard to match the current design.
-Add the longer Alt lengths to the tee signs.
-Use a system to show whether the baskets are in the regular or the long Alt positions.
Course Level = White. (most suited for players rated 875-925)

The course is not long, but it's fun. Euphoria Factor = Very high! I can't wait to play it again!

You be the judge-
-Some longer throwers may think the course is too short, especially from the Red tees. As a shorter thrower I enjoyed being able to reach the holes. White level players should really like this course!

I loved the beautiful forest and the big ferns. I will definitely play here again if I ever get the chance! It's definitely worth making a trip to play.

A note about my rating: My rating is a subjective measure of my enjoyment of the course, on the day I played it, and it is NOT intended to be a measure of the quality of the course. My Enjoyment Ratings are given "on the curve" in relation to all other courses I've played.

Look in the "Links/Files" section for my files with Hole-by-hole ratings and a more detailed Overall review. You can also read more of my review philosophy and rating notes at Disc Golf Course Reviews
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm always trying to improve my reviews, so if you mark this review unhelpful or you find a mistake, please send me a Personal Message here on DGCR to tell me what is wrong with it. I'll be grateful for the feedback.

1 2 3 4 Next >