Carmel, CA
Carmel Middle School Share
Uploaded By: brettjoel Hole #9 (Taken 2/2013)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Fun Little Pitch and Putt

1    9/22/2014   9/22/2014
Review By: ryan785
Pros: This course is very short, but still can give a good challenge to a relative beginner without beating them up. I routinely bring out my buddies who are just starting out, as I can work my short game, while they don't feel like they are getting beat up by the course. This place is a virtual ace race with 15 super aceable holes and 3 more holes that are only a little tougher to get a hole-in-one on.
Cons: The course sometimes isn't accessible. Many people use the track or surrounding fields, which can influence what type of shot you throw off the tee. Hole 18 currently has a lot of weeds and tall plants surrounding it, making it tough to find your disc if you land short of the hole.
Other Thoughts: Overall, great course in the area. If you are interested in going super low or tuning up your short game, you'll love it here. However, if you are looking for a challenge, either of the CSUMB courses or Ryan Ranch will suit you better.

Short but, FUN.

1    10/6/2012   10/16/2012
Review By: Ninja_Disc_Master
Pros: Baskets- All were in good repair though hard to find sometimes.
Elevation- Made the best use of any and all elevation changes in the small area.
Design- Taken for what it is, this course was probably designed for play by kids- it IS short, but fun and a perfect time to work on approach and putting.
Cons: Tee Pads- Non-existent. Loose dirt/debri can be an issue on at least half the holes during tee off, but since you're not throwing far it's not a huge deal.
Signage- Minimal if any which can cause issues with navigation even though it's a small course.
Playability- While it is open on for play on the weekends, there is routinely other sporting events such as Soccer and Quidditch (I couldn't even make that up! Saw it myself) that impedes play.
Amenities- There are bathrooms in the area, but nothing else such as discs for purchase/rent, benches, trash cans, bag holders(if you're into that) or drinking fountains.
Other Thoughts: I'm a fan since I have little ones I'm trying to get into the game and I always need more pitch/putt practice. If you're a bomber, this is not the course for you. If you're trying to tune your short game and want to bring the kiddos, this IS the spot in Monterey/Carmel to come.

Middle School Pitch and Putt!

1    8/24/2010   9/6/2010
Pros: This little pitch and putt is squeezed in next to the track, ball fields, tennis courts, a parking lot, a storage facility, some kind of school grounds. So it's not playable during school hours and many holes would be shut down during practices or games. Holes are somewhere between 125' to maybe 200' requiring some accuracy and you're often dealing with some wind here. There are signs so it's pretty easy to follow although we somehow couldn't find # 10?????
Cons: Natural pads. Inconsistent hours of play. There isn't much of a challenge here but take it for what it is, a little pitch and putt. Enjoy it! Throw around the tennis court. Throw over the outfield fence. My middle school didn't have a disc golf course. Maybe that's why my # 1 goal in life was vandalizing the place! Stupid teachers, Shoulda built me a Disc Golf Course!
Other Thoughts: I think back to some of those boring summer days when you couldn't come up with anything to do. Well, here it is Carmel Middle School students! Come on over to school and play a few rounds of disc golf. When you get older, you'll be ready for Ryan's Ranch and DeLavegea!

1    8/5/2009   8/8/2009
Review By: BenV
Pros: This is a great tune up course for a longer round coming up. Wind is a little less than the more exposed courses outside the valley, but still allows adequate practice. I go to this course when my arms either tired or i just want to work on approaches and putts before heading out somewhere hard like Ryan Ranch. Also great to bring first timers, and help them work on accuracy and confidence.
Cons: So very short. Almost miniature disc golf it is so short. Some repetitive shots. Lots of people using the athletic fields some days.
Other Thoughts: Aces abound, anyone has a chance at them on every hole except the around the backstop shot on 12. Also a very fast play. Solo it could be done in less than 30 minutes.

school of Roc

1    8/9/2008   9/9/2008
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The ace chances are here in bulk, I would say all 18. The school is well manicured with nice mowed grass. The course is good for a quick round. The presence of signs along the course is nice, because of them, you will not get lost. The oaks, cypresses and pines that are present are nice and big.
Cons: The entire course is short. The fact that it is at a school limits the times you can throw, plus you will have to skip holes near team practices. When they say that the course "Plays around the perimeter of the athletic fields." That is exactly what is going on here, they cram the holes into the space between baseball fields and football fields and the track and the tennis courts, think about the small strip of land that would be between these fields at a school. Because the holes are always on the perimeter, it bring a lot of unnatural obstacles into play. This can be pro or con, but I've never had to play around so much random stuff, like a tennis court fences, or a shed, or a track, it's unique for sure, but I prefer the natural setting.
Other Thoughts: I really wish my school would have had a disc golf set up. I am very jealous of these students for this one thing only (I mean, who want to go back to school). I'm glad I played this course it was worth bagging. I played it after nearby Ryan Ranch beat me up, so it was a great change of pace.