Carmel, CA
Carmel Middle School Share
Uploaded By: brettjoel Hole #2 (Taken 2/2013)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Middle School Pitch and Putt!

1    8/24/2010   9/6/2010
Pros: This little pitch and putt is squeezed in next to the track, ball fields, tennis courts, a parking lot, a storage facility, some kind of school grounds. So it's not playable during school hours and many holes would be shut down during practices or games. Holes are somewhere between 125' to maybe 200' requiring some accuracy and you're often dealing with some wind here. There are signs so it's pretty easy to follow although we somehow couldn't find # 10?????
Cons: Natural pads. Inconsistent hours of play. There isn't much of a challenge here but take it for what it is, a little pitch and putt. Enjoy it! Throw around the tennis court. Throw over the outfield fence. My middle school didn't have a disc golf course. Maybe that's why my # 1 goal in life was vandalizing the place! Stupid teachers, Shoulda built me a Disc Golf Course!
Other Thoughts: I think back to some of those boring summer days when you couldn't come up with anything to do. Well, here it is Carmel Middle School students! Come on over to school and play a few rounds of disc golf. When you get older, you'll be ready for Ryan's Ranch and DeLavegea!

school of Roc

1    8/9/2008   9/9/2008
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The ace chances are here in bulk, I would say all 18. The school is well manicured with nice mowed grass. The course is good for a quick round. The presence of signs along the course is nice, because of them, you will not get lost. The oaks, cypresses and pines that are present are nice and big.
Cons: The entire course is short. The fact that it is at a school limits the times you can throw, plus you will have to skip holes near team practices. When they say that the course "Plays around the perimeter of the athletic fields." That is exactly what is going on here, they cram the holes into the space between baseball fields and football fields and the track and the tennis courts, think about the small strip of land that would be between these fields at a school. Because the holes are always on the perimeter, it bring a lot of unnatural obstacles into play. This can be pro or con, but I've never had to play around so much random stuff, like a tennis court fences, or a shed, or a track, it's unique for sure, but I prefer the natural setting.
Other Thoughts: I really wish my school would have had a disc golf set up. I am very jealous of these students for this one thing only (I mean, who want to go back to school). I'm glad I played this course it was worth bagging. I played it after nearby Ryan Ranch beat me up, so it was a great change of pace.