Chapel Hill, NC

Pretty good

2-4    7/26/2008   7/26/2008
Review By: johnt1969
This review was updated on 3/11/2009
Pros: The course is laid our nicely with wonderful tee signs. Once you find hole one (down the hill, past the tennis courts) you can make your way around the course with relative ease. There is a good mix of holes here. Some wooded and some open. There's plenty of opportunity to open up and throw hard. You also have to back down on many of the holes and be accurate. There is also a lot of topography.

The course has good tee pads and signs. Distances between the tees and pins are such that there you are always safe from stray discs from other holes. I don't remember any place where I thought I was in danger of being hit by a stray disc.

A round here is thoroughly enjoyable now that they have relocated the first few holes. This is definitely one of my favorite courses in the area.
Cons: I originally didn't like the first few holes of this course. They used to be quirky and not very good. The original 1-3 left a bad taste that effected my thoughts on the rest of the course but they have recently changed the first 3 holes and now it's hard to find Con's here. The course is really nice now.

The land for this course holds water so it will be a bit swampy after a rain. We played today and it hasn't rained for about a week but there were some swampy places on the course.
Other Thoughts: UNC has disc golf as a club sport. That's so cool that I'll up my rank for this course up a point. I'll definitely come back here often.

There is a better place to park that's near hole 8. The parking lot near hole 1 is not always available for people who are not students at UNC.

Solid Course

6/2/2008   6/2/2008
Review By: the DK
Pros: Course features all types of holes: long wide open fields, into woods, out of woods, this place has something for everyone.
Cons: Bring a water bottle, lots of walking!
Other Thoughts: Great course, if it was closer I'd play it everyday!

Great Course in Chapel Hill

12/12/2007   12/13/2007
Review By: WAM9
Pros: This is a great disc golf course on an old ball golf course which is meticulously maintained. There is a very good mix of woods holes and obviously some really nice open "fairway" holes. A good variety of shots are required. Several holes over 400ft that you can really throw hard on as well as some shorter tighter technical shots. Very good conversion from a ball golf course. Most holes are secluded from one another. No shared fairways. I highly recommend checking this course out.
Cons: A couple of holes seem to get pretty wet after a rain especially #4 and #6. Other drainage is very good.
There is a pond #2 throws over which is now dry. I understand they will be re-filling it in 2008.
Other Thoughts: This is the course nearest my home and I am lucky to have it. There are many beautiful holes but my favorite is #14. It's a big "valley" throw around 410ft which is very open and all closely mown grass. Gorgeous.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >