Chapel Hill, NC
UNC DGC Share
Uploaded By: KenanFlagler01 Hole #5 (Taken 7/2015)

1 2 3 4 5 Next >
 Nice Medium/Short Course

1    10/25/2008   10/28/2008
Review By: Justin L
Pros: Easy to navigate, good variety of shots, well maintained. Overall a very enjoyable course.
Cons: A few "huck and pray" holes, no discernible lines for an Intermediate to Advanced player anyway. A little short in places for anyone that can throw over 350'.
Other Thoughts: With a little more thought to some of the lines on the shorter holes this could be a top notch course.

My all time favorite course so far

2-4    9/24/2008   9/24/2008
Review By: kunipshunfit
This review was updated on 1/19/2009
Pros: Course offers quite a bit of value. Control shots and wide open fairways! My absolute favorite hole for opening up your arm and letting your disc fly is #14! Downhill and the pin is slightly to the left behind a big tree!

If I lived closer I'd play this course every day!
Cons: ***UPDATE 1/19/2008****
I have to say, they really need to put up some sort of schedule when the people working on the ZIP line are going to be using it. When this happens they 'close' holes 3 and 4. This is really a pain in the butt! The last 2 times i've gone to play this course, they have had it closed for some sort of zip line activity.

I completely understand that this course is a shared course, but some sort of schedule would be nice - I would not bother driving the 40 minutes out there if I was going to miss 2 of my favorite holes. (Dropped rating from 4.5 to 4 as such).
--------------------------------------

More rocky than expected, this is a pretty good mix of rocky/freshly clipped grass. All in all not to bad, it just happened to have more hills and quite a bit rougher terrain than I was expecting.
Other Thoughts: I loved this course. It's a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the first tee box, but once you find that, everything else is very clearly marked. The first time I played it I had a friend that knew the course, but feel comfortable that even without him the course was easy to navigate.

Watch out for THE BEAST! 666ft is a haul! :)

Pretty good

2-4    7/26/2008   7/26/2008
Review By: johnt1969
This review was updated on 3/11/2009
Pros: The course is laid our nicely with wonderful tee signs. Once you find hole one (down the hill, past the tennis courts) you can make your way around the course with relative ease. There is a good mix of holes here. Some wooded and some open. There's plenty of opportunity to open up and throw hard. You also have to back down on many of the holes and be accurate. There is also a lot of topography.

The course has good tee pads and signs. Distances between the tees and pins are such that there you are always safe from stray discs from other holes. I don't remember any place where I thought I was in danger of being hit by a stray disc.

A round here is thoroughly enjoyable now that they have relocated the first few holes. This is definitely one of my favorite courses in the area.
Cons: I originally didn't like the first few holes of this course. They used to be quirky and not very good. The original 1-3 left a bad taste that effected my thoughts on the rest of the course but they have recently changed the first 3 holes and now it's hard to find Con's here. The course is really nice now.

The land for this course holds water so it will be a bit swampy after a rain. We played today and it hasn't rained for about a week but there were some swampy places on the course.
Other Thoughts: UNC has disc golf as a club sport. That's so cool that I'll up my rank for this course up a point. I'll definitely come back here often.

There is a better place to park that's near hole 8. The parking lot near hole 1 is not always available for people who are not students at UNC.

Solid Course

6/2/2008   6/2/2008
Review By: the DK
Pros: Course features all types of holes: long wide open fields, into woods, out of woods, this place has something for everyone.
Cons: Bring a water bottle, lots of walking!
Other Thoughts: Great course, if it was closer I'd play it everyday!

Great Course in Chapel Hill

12/12/2007   12/13/2007
Review By: WAM9
Pros: This is a great disc golf course on an old ball golf course which is meticulously maintained. There is a very good mix of woods holes and obviously some really nice open "fairway" holes. A good variety of shots are required. Several holes over 400ft that you can really throw hard on as well as some shorter tighter technical shots. Very good conversion from a ball golf course. Most holes are secluded from one another. No shared fairways. I highly recommend checking this course out.
Cons: A couple of holes seem to get pretty wet after a rain especially #4 and #6. Other drainage is very good.
There is a pond #2 throws over which is now dry. I understand they will be re-filling it in 2008.
Other Thoughts: This is the course nearest my home and I am lucky to have it. There are many beautiful holes but my favorite is #14. It's a big "valley" throw around 410ft which is very open and all closely mown grass. Gorgeous.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >