St. Louis (St. John), MO
Endicott Park Share
Uploaded By: fairweather_fan Hole #5 (Taken 4/2009)
-- / --   3 / 328ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #5 Basket ('B' Placement; houses' yards close on left of fairway, but only come into play on worst of shots)

Not impressed

1    6/24/2013   7/1/2013
Review By: labrat
Pros: Good signage, trashcans, bathrooms, teepads
Cons: Too crowded, layout is horrible/dangerous.
Other Thoughts: After having this course talked up to me by several people, I decided to to takeoff work during midweek to play. Even at 2pm on a Tues there were about 20 other people playing this course. I had a group right behind me and two in front of me. Not pleasant.

I don't understand the course layout. This park does not have the room for 18 holes, so most of them are crowded together and have you throwing very near, or across other holes. With the crowds, this becomes a problem. Some of the holes have up to six alternate basket placements and as best as I could tell, the alternate basket placements were also the easier baskets for other holes. This means as you are throwing at a basket, you may have someone from another tee, in a totally different direction throwing at the same basket. I had this happen a couple of times while playing and there is nothing more annoying than having to dodge someone else's drive because they are playing the same basket from a different tee pad.

As far as the bells and whistles; nice tee pads, good signage, trashcans and a well maintained course this one has it. As for course layout, this is one of the poorest courses I have ever played. I much prefer an open course without people holding me up or crawling over the top of me while I am trying to play.Being so crowded and having each hole being so close together, it makes for a dangerous course.

If socializing with other frisbee golfers is more important than an interesting, safe course layout this may be for you. Personally, I will not be back. There are several other courses in this area that are light years ahead of this one.

Signs NEEDED

1    9/1/2011   9/26/2011
Review By: Awol
This review was updated on 7/31/2013
Pros: This was a really interesting course. Loved the design and variety of shots. A lot of wooded areas, with some more open areas. Elevation change on a few of the holes.
Cons: No signage whatsoever. We spent more time wandering for the next hole that we did throwing.
Other Thoughts: Without signage, this course was almost unplayable. Hopefully someone steps up and gets signage done.

nothing special

1    7/26/2009   7/29/2009
Review By: Adgeri
Pros: A number of challenging uphill shots and a lot of challenging trees to avoid.
Cons: The course is very compact which limits hole lengths and boundaries on a number of occasions. Finding your way to the next hole is difficult if you don't know where your going. Information about the course isn't available. Many boxes have some sort of obstacle directly in front of the them.
Other Thoughts: There wasn't much special about this course but it's still disc golf!

7/17/2008   7/23/2008
Review By: ferretdance03
Pros: Endicott is a shorter wooded-esque course with a good bit of elevation. It can provide a challenge for most skill levels, and there's a fair amount of variety in the shot selection.
- Excellent concrete tee pads
- Interesting pin placements on sides of hills
- An equal amount of left/right shots, although mostly straight
- A fair mix of woods with the open; most holes incorporate the woods
- Multiple shot options off the tee on most holes
Other Thoughts: Endicott is not the course to play if you want to throw monster drives, but there are a few opportunities.
- It can be confusing to find the next hole, as most are running right next to each other.
- I found myself shooting at the wrong basket twice, a combination of no tee signs, no visible numbers on the basket from the tee, holes that play close together, and my unfamiliarity with the course.
- Playing over the ball field is interesting I'm sure in mid summer.

Endicott is the type of course you could play everyday and still be challenged.