St. John, MO
Endicott Park Share
Uploaded By: fairweather_fan Hole #2 (Taken 10/2009)
Hole #2 Tee (hole plays significantly uphill, and slightly to the left of the tee)

Nice, Technical Challenging Course!

1    6/19/2016   6/22/2016
Pros: Endicott Park is a fairly good sized county park with some ideal terrain for disc golf. Much of the course is set on nicely rolling hills. There is a kiosk at the beginning with the usual tournament and league information. There is a practice basket here too. The tee pads are concrete and lengthy. The tee signs are excellent and provide all the information you need. There are three baskets placements for each hole. They are the Red A's. The Yellow B's and the C's which are the whites. They are now indicated by a bolt in the signs. The course is not insanely long but probably makes up for average distances with some very tight and technical holes. The baskets are Gateway Titans, purchased in 2005. They're looking a little worn now and I found them to be hard to spot in the brush. Some baskets have a little concrete block pointing to the next tee. I think some of these arrows were overgrown and hidden under some vegetation.

I liked # 7 as the signature hole here. It's 445' in the C position and very tight off the tee. But what really excited me about this hole was the basket placment. It was set up a 20' high embankment making for a very interesting approach shot.
I might like 18 just as much. From the C position, it's 390' down a slight hill and then turns right into a grove of trees. It's just a very pretty hole to finish on.
Cons: I had some navigational issues here. Somehow, after playing 12, I missed something and never played 13 & 14.
The course is a little too technical for me to really love.
The # 5 tee sign is faded and impossible to read.
Other Thoughts: Sometime during round, there was this really loud roaring noise. I mean, rock your world loud. It was from a plane getting ready to take off. It sounded like it was coming from the next hole. I assume Endicott is close to the airport. I might need earplugs here.

I like this course but didn't love it. If I lived in St.Louis, it would be on my regular playing circuit. I think I would grow fonder of it with more rounds played.

2-4    4/9/2016   5/9/2016
Review By: jvbh792
Pros: Moderately technical course that requires many different techniques off the tees. Several different types of holes too.
Great location! Very close to the majority of St. Louis.
Cons: No big open holes. No huge elevation holes.
Other Thoughts: Grass gets long before it gets cut and I haven't figured out how often or when they cut it. It gets pretty buggy if the grass hasn't been cut though.

Fun, but far too technical.

1    3/16/2013   3/19/2013
Review By: stach23
Pros: Good shot selection, good use of the land, elevation changes, good course flow.
Cons: Too technical, too many trees.
Other Thoughts: I can appreciate a good, hard course to play, but this course is too technical sometimes to the point of being ridiculous. I like having shots where you have to wedge a disc in between trees, but not on every hole. A course can still be challenging with open fairways and not trees in your face on the teepad. That being said, it is fun. Good variety of shots, distances, and elevation. Not long enough to really throw some bombs, but long enough to wear on you after 36 holes. I like it, and I'll play it again, but I much prefer Sioux Passage if I'm in St. Louis.

Endicott

5+    4/7/2012   4/8/2012
Review By: twiggycdxx
Pros: I nice, challenging course. There are some nice open shots and some very challenging wooded shots. The course has concrete tee pads and multiple pin placements as to change it up.
Cons: Course can be a little muddy at times.
Other Thoughts: This is probably my favorite course in St. Louis. it is very challenging and fun to play!!

Not quite sure

4/16/2008   4/16/2008
Review By: Shaggy
Pros: The challenge is, as would be put best, challenging. I'm not used to playing courses with so many thin trees in the middle of each hole, therefore creating a little variety. Distances vary and allow for tough ace shots or long pars. If the "blair witch" hole is the one i remember, 12, it was actually alot of fun. The tunnel view between tree and shrubbery was something completely new to me. In a way, 18 seemed sort of epic. But only in the matter that you finish 17, walk up the far corner of the park on a slight hill looking down on a reachable but tree-hounded hole. There is no post for the hole either, but that's just my look on it.
Cons: TREES... look left TREES look right TREES, right in front of you TREES. Pain in the arse. Unforgiving rough areas. Evil creeks that will hurt you if you wear shoes with holes in them.
Other Thoughts: All in all an ok course, little annoying at time, rewarding at times.