Grenada, MS
Cemetary Ridge DGC Share
Uploaded By: WSP420 Hole #12 (Taken 8/2013)
Hole #12 Approach

Closing Down

1    7/25/2014   7/28/2014
Review By: wheelthrill
Pros: I must first note that this course is closing down.
I found this out after talking to the personnel at the State Park office, commenting to them about the bad shape the course was in.

The first 4-5 holes are great and playable. I suppose it's this way due to being out in the open, which makes the park look nice.
I liked that it was designed by an Eagle Scout. I hate to see that they are closing it down.
Cons: 6-18 are pretty much unplayable or not safe.
Throwing through thickets because of the course not being kept up with. Grass/weeds are rather tall and great places for snakes.
Some signs are broken and baskets are bent due to trees falling on them.
Other Thoughts: If a state park is going to have a disc golf course, they should definitely keep it up, clean it, and have it always playable. There really isn't any excuse for a course like this to go under. Could have been a great course and I hate to see it closed down. I would rather have it closed though instead of other disc golfers or families go trekking into basically uncharted territory due to maintenance.

Short but fun!

1    8/17/2013   8/19/2013
Review By: WSP420
Pros: -Nice flow. I never had to search around for the next tee.
-Holes #9 & #18 both loop back around to the parking area.
-Tee signs with distances on every hole
-Most baskets were in excellent condition (#4, #10 & #14 were exceptions)
-Benches on several holes.
Cons: -Not well maintained at all: Very tall grass on #6 & #18. A large tree has fallen in front of the #12 tee. (It's not that bad though... you can play through the tree or take a few steps up to the road and tee-off from there)
-Baskets #10 & #14 look like a trees fell on them and #4 is in disrepair.
-I didn't see a single trash can on the course
-Very short holes
-The lanes/fairways on a few holes are non-existent, or too overgrown to recognize.
Other Thoughts: After reading the single review and seeing the course condition as 'Unplayable,' I was ready for the worst. Turns out, the course isn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be. I had a great time!

Yes, it's overgrown in places and a few baskets need to be replaced/repaired, but all in all it's a nice little course that needs more traffic. If you play George Payne Cossar State Park, it's worth the 30ish minute drive to play this short fun course.

Not Much here

1    11/18/2008   12/10/2008
Review By: ambroze
Pros: Not much here to report except I was able to play here while passing through MS and it was the only one I had time to play.
Cons: Very hilly and a lot short easy shots. Some shots go over the road into oncoming traffic, which I'm personally not a huge fan of. I would not play it again if I was in the area.