5 Helpful / 0 Not
I learned on this course
Complete Review Rewrite to add Back 9:
Front 9 (no updates)
- Good beginners.
- Hole 1 has a decent 256 ft drive.
- Hole 3 no obstacles at all and short.
- Hole 5 is great for tomahawk.
- Hole 8 better now that trees have grown into a good obstacle.
Back 9 (added March 2010):
- 9 more holes! Thank you Santa Clarita.
- First 5 holes easy to follow, near parking lot, along sports fields and dog park.
- Hole 6: Great long drive. Hard to see basket from tee. Walk thru gate and ignore the no tresspassing sign.
- Beautiful park, best in Santa Clarita.
- Bathrooms and water fountains avail.
- Tons to do at the park, baseball, soccer, basketball, football and jogging. Lots of sidewalks for skateboarding.
- Front 9 does not flow to Back 9.
- Back 9 in completely different area approx .25 mile walk.
- Too short.
- Hidden in back of park, bring course map for first time.
- Tee signs are a fiberglass yellow stick, the number of the hole is sometimes missing.
- Hole distances not posted. However, I measured the distances with my GPS and posted the distances under hole info tab.
- Tee pads are dirt with a 2 x 6 in front.
- No markers at all, but new baskets have numbers.
- First 5 holes run the perimeter of busy sports fields. There was always someone standing clueless in the fairway.
- Distance from Front 9 to Back 9 is LONG. Took 9 minutes and I drove.
- Holes 6 thru 9 are in the future planned tennis court complex. It will most likely change when Santa Clarita adds the tennis courts. Will be very hot in summer with no tree cover.
- Hole 7 missing pad marker. I added rocks.
- Hole 8 is dangerous for joggers. I almost hit someone as they came around a blind curve right into my drive. Be careful.
- Hole 9 has no obstacle.
- Back 9 ends far from Hole 1 Front 9.
- I mapped the front and back 9 with my GPS, see new course map in the links tab.
- Its nice to have 18 holes. But the Front and Back 9 are poorly designed. I hope Santa Clarita will update the entire course when the tennis and sports complex are added sometime in the future.
- But, I cant complain too much. I have 18 holes close to home. ;)
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 2 Not
short and sweet
Pros: -beginner friendly
-very nice park setting
-course is in back of park so that you're not bugging other parkgoers
-the last few holes are fun and a little bit more complicated
Cons: -very short, pretty much just an ace run course for the advanced player
-no signs, but still fairly easy to follow
-very dusty and dry, bring a drink even though its only 9 holes
Other Thoughts: unless you happen to be in saugus for some reason, this course is not worth making a detour for. it's about 20 minutes off the freeway and not much of a challenge, so unless you're taking someone to teach you're better off somewhere else in SoCal
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: I've played this course probably 40+ times and it never gets old. I am always trying to challenge my self to get 2s because these are easy threes for most people (exept beginners). This is a great course for begginers because they aren't too long and there aren't many trees. Its also FREE!
Cons: It is very dusty and can get very windy on the open holes. Right now, Hole 3 has huge piles of woodchips on the fairway. So I suggest to start somewhere else so you don't go hiking in those mounds. The teeboxes don't have any footing, so you slip.
Other Thoughts: This course is great for people who just want to try disc golf. If you need more of a challenge, try the difficult disc golf course at Veterans Park (Sylmar).
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: I went to the park not knowing where the course was. There was a map near the parking lot that showed the entire park, so it was easy to locate. The course has no information other that numbers on sticks at the tees and numbers on the baskets, but for the style of the course I don't feel anything else is really needed.
Cons: The course only has 9 holes and is located on a hillside, so there is a lot of wind. I missed a few easy putts because of random gusts of wind. The holes are really short. Pads are dirt and had holes dug into them. The Course is mostly dirt and covered in loose bark in some areas. Because of being on a hillside and being windy, there was a lot of dust in the air.
Other Thoughts: I didn't really enjoy the course mainly because of the length of the holes. Hole 1 has a large group of trees which makes a good toss challenging, but hole 2 and 3 are wide open and I overthrew both of them. Every throw off the tee felt like an upshot. It seemed a lot like miniature golf, with wind being the main obstacle. This course would be very good for beginners.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.