Greer, SC
Century Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #10 (Taken 9/2009)

Excellent Course

1    8/18/2015   8/20/2015
Review By: trotline32
Pros: Length of Course
Variety of Holes
Concrete Tee Boxes
Cons: It gets a little muddy in places when wet
No bridge from the basket of 13 to the tee at 14.
Other Thoughts: This is an excellent course! Wonderful layout with plenty of variety. You don't have to have a strong arm with a ton of distance for this course. This is a very forgiving course as well. There are plenty of trees but no overly thick brush to deal with if you land off the fairway. There are a few holes that are close to each other so it could get a little cramped if it's crowded. Also, when we played it was raining and there were several places that became slick. Nothing a little sand or mulch couldn't fix. I'd like to see a bridge added at the basket of 13. As it stands you either have to rock hop across a shallow creek or walk down to the 16th hold a use that bridge to cross over. Overall this is a wonderful course to play and I will visit it often.

Moved to my favorites!

2-4    2/28/2015   3/1/2015
Review By: lexxerd
Pros: Took a four day trip to Greenville to check out all the disc golf courses in the area with my girl friend. Out of 6 courses we got to play, we just kept coming back to Century Park every day for our 2nd round of the day.

The course has nice sized concrete tee-pads, good signage, trash cans and benches at most holes, and the park was very clean and well broken in. The course is packed into a small area but plays very smoothly and has many different types of shots. There are a few par fours on the course where you can really launch your discs and there are many tricky shots around the trees. The front nine only has a very small creek that runs through the course and is almost not worth mentioning. The back nine has a larger creek near by, but not in play. Holes twelve, thirteen, and fourteen are near the larger creek but play around it. Hole four and sixteen were two of my favorites holes to play, and I almost got an ace on both! There is an active train track near by which adds to the very cool scenery of Century Park. There are bathrooms and water fountains by the playground and to the right of the parking lot. Century Park has made it into my favorite courses to play and I will be revisiting soon to attempt to beat my own score!
Cons: Everyone always finds something to put in the Cons section, but I really can not think of anything I disliked about this course.
Other Thoughts: In wet conditions, the course can be a little muddy, but it is manageable and not swampy.

Fun course

1    1/31/2012   1/31/2014
Review By: BobbyC13
Pros: It has been a while since I have played this course and realized I never reviewed it, forgive me for not being on point.

This course is in a good area, has concrete pads and easy to see baskets. This course is well thought out and a good usage of the land available. I dont recall a hole I did not think was a good hole or invalid. Good signage and a good course flow overall.

I'm from out of town and I played with some locals and they were great guys and very helpful.
Cons: A few hole seems squished in and played a long ball fields, I remember a long downhill shot with a mando on a light pole to keep players from throwing over the ball field, since I'm from out of town I bombed a big hyzer for fun, but a few holes were close to ball fields.
Other Thoughts: Fun course, good locals, good pads and signage what else do you need???

Decent Intermediate/Advanced Level Course

1    5/25/2012   5/25/2012
Review By: Smileyaili17
This review was updated on 6/3/2012
Pros: --18 Holes
--Large tees and newer baskets
--The hole diagrams are EXCELLENT (see pictures)
--The course is laid out in such a way where you can play the front 9 OR the back 9, if you only want to play 9 holes
--There is a good variety in the difficulty aspect between the front 9 and back 9 (the front 9 is easy while the back 9 is more challenging)
--Good practice for many different technical shots
--Good challenge (I had to think about my shots; there were a few shots where I had to make a tough decision between which throw to use, which was a big plus for me)
--Good OB and mandy placements
--Course map at the entrance right before the first tee
Cons: --If it bothers you to have dirty discs, the grounds around some of the baskets were dusty (I would put wood chips around the baskets to fix this)
--There was a lot of brush around all the holes and I'm not sure if there was any poison ivy, but the brush also makes it easy to lose discs (I almost lost one of my discs in the brush on the left side of hole 3).
--The course flow is a little confusing after holes 6 and 13 for first timers (the tee for 7 is hidden from view behind the bushes behind the basket of 6 and the tee for 14 is across the bridge that you see a little ways beyond the basket of hole 13)
--The course was pretty busy when I went (even though it was during the hottest part of the day) and I can imagine it being busy all the time due to being the only course in Greer
--Rocky in certain areas (I got a quite a few chips on my discs due to the many rough rocks around the baskets on 3, 4 and 11)
--It's easy to lose a disc on hole 17 since there is a fence on the left hand side of the fairway, and beyond the fence is dense shrubbery (I lost a disc here. If you find an orange Innova Leopard, she's yours!)
--Hole 1 placement is right next to the parking lot, and if you throw a high hyzer by accident, it could fly onto it. Also, hole 12 is placed right next to the baseball field, so if there is a baseball game it could cause interference if your disc flies onto the field.
--Not for beginners who have never played on a course before (if you have a feel for it though, definitely try your skills out on it)
Other Thoughts: If you're in the area, check it out! It's worth it for anyone with at least a little bit of disc golf experience. It's a good 18 hole course to practice technical shots. It made me think hard about my shots, and it gave me a good challenge. I would love to play this course again!

Grading Criteria:

Landscape quality
3.5/5

Baskets, Tees and Hole Diagrams
5/5

Variety in hole distances

Variety in hole types
(field/wooded holes; hilly/level holes; etc)

Difficulty/Challenge

Course flow

Outside interference
(pedestrians; traffic noise distractions; etc)

Fun factor

Use of Available Land

Specific issues:
(certain problems with certain holes; course unique issues; etc)

Hole 17 placement
2/5

Total: 4/5

2-4    12/27/2011   2/23/2012
Review By: tiger5
Pros: I thought there were a good mix of shots on this course, lots of elevation changes which allow for rollers and thomahawks. Trees come into play a good bit on the front 9 but that has a lot to do with how you choose to shape your shots. I enjoyed playing this course and brought along two people who had never played before and they enjoyed the course as well. There is water, and I'm sure it gets worse when if it rains a lot but nothing that warrants losing a disc. Lots of signage and the course was easy to navigate. I especially like the fact that it's build around the park and baseball/softball fields since there's not a lot of people walking through your shots. There are several long holes that are more open and really let you go for distance. Need to be able to control your shots and putt if you want birdies. Benches at most tee boxes and the tee pads are in good shape.
Cons: The only real draw back is probably more of a personal preference than a course flaw. I wish the course had a little more distance, you get that in a few of the holes but the park itself doesn't really allow for that factor. The use of elevation and somewhat narrow fairways is a good test of your skill. I agree with the guy who said adding another set of tees for a little more distance.
Other Thoughts: I think they've done a great job using the landscape to maximize the courses potential. A couple holes are a little short but they play to pins that are tucked behind trees. Overall I thought this was a really good course and worth playing if you're in the area.

Great Course

5+    9/18/2011   9/19/2011
Review By: WaterLogged
This review was updated on 2/12/2012
Pros: This course is very forgiving and fun for all skill levels. Good length holes and a variety of terrain and curves. I would recommend this course to anyone.
Cons: The only negative thing i can say is that the course can be crowded on weekend afternoons, but i have only had to wait once and i decided to play the back nine first.

A DG dandy

5+    6/30/2011   7/2/2011
Review By: JBryant
Pros: Great tees and to compliment fun/challenging holes with cool blue disc-catchers.

The front is where the money is. Birdies galore on the front. You'll need them for a way tougher back 9.

Great resting areas on almost every hole. Well thought out design.
Cons: Some of the teesigns are missing or in bad shape. Other than that there isn't much to say. It is rather easy going here but don't let that fool you. If you let your guard down it can punish you.
Other Thoughts: Designing a second set of tees to add a little more length would be a great idea. It would put Greer on the map for sure.

My Everyday Course

5+    2/27/2011   3/2/2011
Review By: jdawgl
Pros: The each tee has an informative and subtle sign. Subtle because they are short 4x4 board with a nice graphic encased in Plexiglas. Some of the tee boxes have retaining walls to keep dirt from eroding onto the tee boxes. This course is constantly maintained! Trash cans have been placed inside a wooden 'locker' for safe keeping. Variation between an easy front nine and harder back nine. The course may seem short but tee shots must be precise to miss trees and traverse elevation. A course architect from Innova came to map the course out so there are some challenges. Bathroom facilities are close by with concession stands. Century Park lies next to course and is great for kids yet far enough that you don't have to worry about discs hitting kids. If the course were longer and tougher I would rate it a 5.
Cons: Short holes. Less than a handful of holes over 320ft. No practice basket yet. I've been told the addition of a practice basket is in the works. You may throw your disc into the baseball fields on two holes. Not a big deal because there is an access.

5+    1/26/2011   1/26/2011
Review By: goldenpecan
Pros: Has lots of curves and elevation changes. Great woods course. Nice and cool on hot summer days. Plenty of birdie opportunities on front half, harder to come by on back 9.
Cons: Because its an above average course it is fairly busy. Could use a few longer holes.
Other Thoughts: Very friendly people, great tee boxes. Larger area than most other courses.

Jeckyl & Hyde with a fun side

1    10/4/2010   10/4/2010
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: Great tees and great signs with cool blue disc-catchers.
A great confidence builder on the front 9 with a way tougher back 9 which is great fun.
Cons: Front 9 is kind of back and forth so there is a chance of drives coming into your fairway.
14 can punish you but hey...punishment is all part of the game right?
Other Thoughts: The front 9 will give you a lot of birdie shots which is a good thing because you will need them on the back 9! Hole 11 requires you to shoot a tight gap or end up in the ravine, the hole plays down, through the gap and then steeply uphill...a really fun hole.
Hole 12 is right next to the railroad tracks and you get to choose a tunnel or a tunnel (supposedly light pole is a mando so you aren't supposed to go over the baseball field).
Hole 14 has a double mando and then finishes with the basket tucked in next to the blue lagoon...ok, brown lagoon.
Hole 16 Is a sweet short downhill that you want to unload all your putters and short mids on and 17 is a rather tight fairway (for those who like to flex) with a fence on the left and a tree line on the right.

There are a lot of cool holes, even the front has some (I liked 3).

This is a fun course and the kind I would play all the time if I lived in the area. I look forward to bringing my wife here to see how she does.

It's not the hardest course in the world, sure, but it is a blast and that is what this game is supposed to be about isn't it?