Greer, SC
Century Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #10 (Taken 9/2009)

1    3/20/2011   3/20/2011
Review By: roadtrip
Pros: Friendly locals, ice cream concession stand by hole 1, nice fit in small area
Cons: Holes are on top of each other (watch for errant throws), huge kids park nearby (kids wander onto course)
Other Thoughts: Variety (shots) - 3.5/5 - some good lines. Nothing jaw-dropping in the layout but nothing dull either

Variety (length) - 2.5/5 - mostly very short. Fun for ace runs. Some longer runs on back 9

Beauty - 2.5/5 - not the course's fault, it's just in a red-dirt mess. An extra 1/2 point for the hot moms at the park

Trackability - 4/5 - When the holes are this close, it's tough to get lost. Only a few where I even had to look around.

Lost Disc Hazard - 3/5 - Some shallow water, some dangerous rough (17) but mostly easy

Vibe - 3/5 - The locals were great. Held my dog's leash while I threw, everyone asked me if I wanted to play through, told me briefly about the course history. The folks on the outside of the park are kinda Deliverance-sketchy

Safety - 4/5 - Too crowded for too much to go wrong. Saw my first snake of the year (6' black snake).

22.5/7 = 3.21 = 3

My Everyday Course

5+    2/27/2011   3/2/2011
Review By: jdawgl
Pros: The each tee has an informative and subtle sign. Subtle because they are short 4x4 board with a nice graphic encased in Plexiglas. Some of the tee boxes have retaining walls to keep dirt from eroding onto the tee boxes. This course is constantly maintained! Trash cans have been placed inside a wooden 'locker' for safe keeping. Variation between an easy front nine and harder back nine. The course may seem short but tee shots must be precise to miss trees and traverse elevation. A course architect from Innova came to map the course out so there are some challenges. Bathroom facilities are close by with concession stands. Century Park lies next to course and is great for kids yet far enough that you don't have to worry about discs hitting kids. If the course were longer and tougher I would rate it a 5.
Cons: Short holes. Less than a handful of holes over 320ft. No practice basket yet. I've been told the addition of a practice basket is in the works. You may throw your disc into the baseball fields on two holes. Not a big deal because there is an access.

5+    1/26/2011   1/26/2011
Review By: goldenpecan
Pros: Has lots of curves and elevation changes. Great woods course. Nice and cool on hot summer days. Plenty of birdie opportunities on front half, harder to come by on back 9.
Cons: Because its an above average course it is fairly busy. Could use a few longer holes.
Other Thoughts: Very friendly people, great tee boxes. Larger area than most other courses.

Jeckyl & Hyde with a fun side

1    10/4/2010   10/4/2010
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: Great tees and great signs with cool blue disc-catchers.
A great confidence builder on the front 9 with a way tougher back 9 which is great fun.
Cons: Front 9 is kind of back and forth so there is a chance of drives coming into your fairway.
14 can punish you but hey...punishment is all part of the game right?
Other Thoughts: The front 9 will give you a lot of birdie shots which is a good thing because you will need them on the back 9! Hole 11 requires you to shoot a tight gap or end up in the ravine, the hole plays down, through the gap and then steeply uphill...a really fun hole.
Hole 12 is right next to the railroad tracks and you get to choose a tunnel or a tunnel (supposedly light pole is a mando so you aren't supposed to go over the baseball field).
Hole 14 has a double mando and then finishes with the basket tucked in next to the blue lagoon...ok, brown lagoon.
Hole 16 Is a sweet short downhill that you want to unload all your putters and short mids on and 17 is a rather tight fairway (for those who like to flex) with a fence on the left and a tree line on the right.

There are a lot of cool holes, even the front has some (I liked 3).

This is a fun course and the kind I would play all the time if I lived in the area. I look forward to bringing my wife here to see how she does.

It's not the hardest course in the world, sure, but it is a blast and that is what this game is supposed to be about isn't it?

Good play

2-4    8/17/2010   9/21/2010
Review By: Justin Garr
Pros: Good place to test distances and curves and diff flight paths. Not very many trees but there are some.
Cons: Rather long and alot of cudzoo and areas to loose your disc.
Other Thoughts: As i never lost a disc my step father has lost a couple.

Fun for all levels

1    7/10/2010   7/10/2010
Review By: maynes35
Pros: This course was a fun round for me and my wife. It has great tee boxes on every hole (I love the wide back ends on a tee box). There are great wooden benches and nice wood covered trash cans about every two holes. Each hole has a "hole map" sign at the tee box that accurately shows the hole and layout. *Another pro for me was that this was a shorter course so my wife (who throws pretty straight, just not super far) was racking up pars and having legitimate birdie putts every now and again. The course was in great shape, no littering or anything of that sort. I love the entrance to the course where you walk under the "Century Park Disc Golf Course" sign and straight into the first tee box. No wandering asking where the first tee is here. The holes link up nicely, I don't think we ever went the wrong way lookging for a tee box. The baskets were all in great shape also.
Cons: Although I like an easy course just for good scoring, this one is pretty easy. Most holes are pretty short and fairly straight. If you're a decent player looking for a challenge, then look elsewhere (but if you want to have fun and make pars and birdies come on out). I didn't really have a "trademark hole" when I was thinking back about the course, no holes really stood out for me. It could really use some holes that really turn left or right.
Other Thoughts: *Dogs are not allowed, even though there are no signs posted by the disc golf entrance, there are on the entrance to the kid area. We took our dog (luckily didn't get fined) but the lady at the concession stand said a lot of people had been ticketed lately.

This could have easily been a 3.0 but it is so clean and with the benches/trashcans, "hole maps" it really makes the experience better for me. Once again, it isn't the most challenging, but when I'm in the area I'll definately play it and Timmons park again without hesitation.

good average course

2-4    6/30/2010   7/1/2010
Review By: discgirly
Pros: Like the concrete tee pads and cleanlyness of the park, the trash cans are good but some were full, discatchers are very good pins
Cons: to short on most of the holes and too easy. Needs more challange in doglegs and more par 4 holes

Very Pleasant

1    6/5/2010   6/6/2010
Review By: trentdk
Pros: Just like the rest of the park, the upkeep was tremendous. Nice little gate welcoming you to the first hole. Every tee box is a concrete pad with a layout map, trash can, and bench. Perfect layout (no question about where the next hole lies, and start/finish at the parking lot).
Cons: Not really a con... but its kind of easy. Actually, it was a 'pro' for me because it made me feel like I was awesome :). Don't come here for a challenge, come here for a relaxing game.
Other Thoughts: I feel like I've played all over the place now, and the rests at the top for "enjoyment". This course, and Crooked Creek.

2-4    5/29/2010   5/29/2010
Review By: BennettUA
Pros: So much fun to be had here!
The course is great for everyone, beginners and pros alike. Beginners will like it because there are less tunnel shots/ tight threads, and the pros will like it for the same reason. After a couple rounds here, you should be taking a few strokes off your scorecard.
Teepads are some of the best I've ever played on, as are the baskets and the signs that show the holes at the tee, illustrating mandos, OB, obstacles, and different lines.
The benches are incredible, as are the trashcans(wood built around cans using same wood as the benches -- padlocks on them too, very well done). Seems like they had some money to spend on the finer things for this course. The bridges are excellent, too.
Front nine sets you up for the back nine. You can get your muscle memory going on the front, then step it up on the tougher back 9. I love courses like this.
Park itself is well taken care of, and the playground is INCREDIBLE!
Only a few places to really lose a disc, not much OB that you couldn't find a disc after a little hunting. Pin for 14 is next to a deeper part of the creek, but it's usually clear to see to the bottom. Thunderstormed last night, and we could still see everything in the water.
Cons: Front 9 is almost all straight. Not such a bad thing, as there are elevation changes and trees to make them a bit different, but still pretty straight.
Some poison ivy. Hey, it's the South, deal with it.
Par 4s could be long 3s. Nothing approaching a par 5.
Other Thoughts: This course is just great, you will love all the amenities that make this more than just another disc golf outing. Concession stand, soda machines, even a water mister area in the playground to cool off with!
If there were a little more variety, this would be a 4 star. Well worth it if you're in Greenville. So many great courses nearby too. Hit this one and Timmons for a confidence-boosting day!

Worth The Drive

2-4    4/14/2010   4/18/2010
Review By: DGHacker2010
Pros: Holes are well defined with placards showing basket locations and obstacles.
Tees are concrete and spacious, the wide angle at the back takes a little getting used to!
A couple of long par 4s which give me an opportunity to rip a throw without having a narrow path to navigate.
Cons: Front 9 do get a little repetitious.
Managed to hit trees on what should've been open throwing areas! Oh wait, that's a con of my game, not the course!
Most of the holes are on dirt and could use some landscaping and grass seed! Limited access to the baseball field to retrieve your disc.
Other Thoughts: I played terribly both times, but still enjoyed the course enough to go back for more! I also should specify that I mostly play on weekdays so I don't have problems with crowded parks and parking. Great all around park for the family with playgrounds that my son absolutely loves.