Tulsa, OK
Hole #12

Short and simple

1    7/16/2010   7/18/2010
Review By: Hamilton
Pros: Mostly concrete tee pads, good length and in decent shape. Mixture of a few discatcher and old mach baskets in decent condition. Tee signs are mostly there up to 14, and the pictures on the Tulsa disc sport site will get you through hole 12 anyway. Nice covered pavilion, and restrooms are onsite.

The park if very nice, and when you're leaving, you get a great view of the Tulsa skyline.

This is a very Rec-friendly course, no big danger or terribly long or difficult shots.

My memorable holes:
11 - Basket semi-guarded on all side by a stand of trees, a little tricky to get a layup for deuce.
That's about it. Really.
Cons: I'll keep the list concise. There are a lot of things I could nit-pick, but here are the main ones.

Holes 15-18 are just random. The baskets are spread around in a small grassy area on the other side of the pavilion from the rest of the course. There are not defined tees, tee signs, or any indication of where you are supposed to throw from. I was told by a couple locals that those holes had to be moved due to a new building that was recently constructed. It really did drag down the enjoyment of my round at the end.

The course almost overlaps on it's big brother Moose Run, and with no "next tee" markers, I ended up throwing on a couple of the "moose run" holes inadvertently. Course navigation is sketchy to say the least. Most times you can find the next hole, but the 6-7 and 12-13 transitions are tricky, and 15-18 is just a guess.

There also were no benches or trashcans on the course that I recall seeing. I didn't spot a lot of litter, but I could see where it might become a problem at times.
Other Thoughts: My rating of a 2 is based on the fact that the course is somewhat fun, but is severely lacking in difficulty and upkeep. Just putting some signs on 15-18 for where the tees are would help tremendously in enjoyment factor. It also would hurt to have a hole or two that you can't drive with a mid-range or putter.

If you're in the Tulsa area and decide you want to hit up Moose Run at Chandler, then this course might not be a bad play-it-while-you're-there deal, but I wouldn't make a special trip just for it.

Wheres the Challenge?

1    12/16/2008   2/9/2009
Review By: JeffThroW
This review was updated on 4/2/2009
Pros: Chandler park is a beautiful hilly park located high in the west Tulsa hills,plenty of locals having a good time near the parking lot when I was there.Isolated mostly from the rest of the park.I enjoyed the last holes here.
Cons: One easy run after another,a mid-range kinda course, some of the baskets are pretty beat up looking,plenty of holes where people playing next to you could hit you if you aren't paying attention.Wished the course ran up and down the hill country this park holds would make it pretty wicked, instead it was somewhat boring of a course.
Other Thoughts: After almost acing three holes the first time here I opted for the other harder courses in the Tulsa Area my next trip up there.

Chandler

5/29/2008   5/29/2008
Review By: ixcptmorganxi
Pros: Nice course in a nice park. Very good for beginners as most holes are pretty straight. Few trees offer a challenge.
Cons: Course is extremely short. Not much of a challenge.
Other Thoughts: You have an opportunity to ace a lot of holes here. If your camping on the grounds or at the park anyways it would be fun to play a quick game but otherwise you might not want to go out of your way.

5/24/2008   5/24/2008
Review By: jfraosu
Pros: Concrete tees, well maintained
Cons: definitely a course to start on I.....If you are not a beginner I would not waste my time going to this course, unless you are looking to easily sink your first ace, I was able to drive my putter past most of these holes I thought it was a bore