Chapman, NE
3 / 183ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Dangerous

1    9/6/2013   3/29/2014
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Baskets, this course almost should be re-listed as a practice area because it is impossible to play as a disc golf course. It would make a fine place to practice putts and approaches.
-Next to school so maybe kids will pick up the game (they will need a new course to graduate to after they pick it up at this course)
-Other stuff to do at this park (see cons)
-Many opportunities for aces
Cons: -Many tee signs missing and I only located 7 baskets. They may have been stolen or removed to put something more into this crammed park and never put back.
-Dangerous: the course plays through or around playgrounds, ball fields, sidewalks, etc. Some baskets are even in the ball field, I've never seen that before.
-Navigation is horrible. For me it was pick a basket to throw to then wander around looking for a tee, probably not find it, pick another basket to throw to.
-Besides the issues created by the course designer, they really didn't have much (or anything) to work with in the first place. There isn't enough room for a 9 hole disc golf course here. There are hardly any trees and the land is almost entirely flat. Even without the danger issues and lack of signage this course would probably never get better than 1.5 discs.
Other Thoughts: -This course was so bad that I forgot to mark it as played when I finished my disc golf trek across Nebraska last fall. I only rediscovered it when using the "Random Course" feature.
-This course is too far off the interstate for it to be worth playing, possibly even if you're a course bagger like myself. I can't see many reasons to ever play here unless you live in town and don't feel like driving into Grand Island or Aurora.

Very short

5+    9/19/2011   9/19/2011
Review By: scottritta22
This review was updated on 7/7/2013
Pros: mach 5 baskets, many ace opportunities, could be a good place for putters only
Cons: extremely short, with a very low element of difficulty.
Other Thoughts: short holes, some trees making a couple of holes more difficult, some tee pads are difficult to find due to tall grass, most signs have been vandalized

Being Honest & Dodging a Physical Beating

1    9/29/2008   9/29/2008
Review By: Donovan
Pros: I did not change the description of the course, because it looks like someone who knew the designer wrote it. So, I may get bashed for this review, but I have to stay honest. I really tried to find some positives, but I just can't think of any.
Cons: It looks as though they put up the baseball fence after the course was designedůso take that in consideration of this rating. #2 basket, #1 & #7 tee signs are missing. #7 basket has weeds growing up through the basket. If there are any kids playing or picnics going on, safety is on high alert. The first hole plays right over the corner of playground. The third hole plays right over the corner of a bleacher. How a baseball game keeps a kid from running into the baskets in the field is beyond me. You get the idea. A few of the holes either play right along the fence (along with the tees signs hung on the fence) or you have to play over and around it. Navigation on this course was crazy even with the little arrow signs on the bottom of the pins. This was seriously as bad as I have ever seen it.
Other Thoughts: Ok, this course must have been made for the younger kids. I probably looked weirder than normal out their gathering hole info and taking pics and playing this course. There were a few big construction workers out there watching me like hawk. "Just documenting info for the web guys. Really, I promise! I am almost out of here." This park is next to the school, which just let the kids out, which may have been part of that. All I can say is this is no place for a disc golfer to visit. I am glad this town has a disc golf course and that the kids can play there, if only they can find their way around. I did not mean to offend anyone with this review, but I refuse to make things seem better than they are. For that, I am sorry.