Anderson, SC
City Beach DGC Share
Uploaded By: billnchristy Hole #6 (Taken 10/2009)
3 / --   3 / 193ft. Par / Distance:

1    4/9/2012   4/9/2012
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: The park is a small peninsula sitting on a picturesque lake. The Discatchers are in perfect shape.

Other Pros:
- adequate tees (natural but boxed in)
- adequate tee signs
Cons: The major issue I have with this course is that it is completely crammed into a space that it doesn't fit.
9 holes still come too close to other park activities. The holes are relatively short too. To get to many of the next tees you need to backtrack the fairway you just played.

Any sort of crowdedness will make this very unplayable.

Other Thoughts: Sometimes navigation gets tricky but, a quick drive around the park will give you an easy idea on how to navigate the course.
The water level was very low when I was here. So the water did not come into play at all.

I read that there are plans to expand to an 18 hole course, I saw no evidence of that process. If the course does expand, a complete re-design would be a good idea.

D+ = Doesn't have much happenin' for a 9 holer

1    8/22/2007   5/1/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- D
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- D (course seems designed for Frisbee players, not disc golf. There are only 1-2 good DG holes)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B (Course is on a peninsula so you always have a nice view of the lake - pretty! On the downside you are playing through picnic areas so seclusion is non-existent.
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.