Anderson, SC
Aerial shot of the park

Beginner Friendly

5+    7/6/2012   7/8/2012
Review By: Devon S
Pros: It's a short beginner friendly course. Short holes in a small spot. You can take someone out there and play a quick 9 in about 30 minutes. I've taken about 3 guys out there and taught them how to play. It's a pretty open course, so you won't be looking for discs in the woods like you would at the other course in Anderson, SC.
Cons: You CAN NOT play this course during the winter when "Lights of Hope" is up.

Well, Holes 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 can be tough to play when people are there. There are a lot of people out there on the weekends during the summer. And people will park right on the fairways and lay down on towels right on the fairways, and they don't care to move for you. They WILL just stare at you like you're some weirdo for playing a sport they don't know about. I've even seen people hang their towels up on baskets to dry them.

The Woods on hole 2 are not RHBH friendly. If you bring a newbie, they will be throwing a disc down in there. Water on hole 3 can be an issue when the lake is up. You can over throw 6 and land in water if you aren't careful. I've had some friends throw some of my discs in the water there.

It's almost like the course doesn't fit there, they say they want to extend it to 18 holes, but I just don't see how that's plausible.

Tee boxes could be better.
Other Thoughts: It's not as bad as people make it out to be, it could be better though. Sure The Trails is the better course in Anderson, but it's nice to take a break from all the trees that are there

A Disc golf rest-stop

1    10/20/2009   10/20/2009
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: Adequate signs
Nice tee boxes for earthen tees, at least they were boxed in and gave you a general idea of where you were throwing.
A nice overall sign and map on the building nearest tee 1.
Some high risk due to all the water, but there always seemed to be a way to take the dry route, except 5, but it was a blast.
Cons: If the park was crowded there would be areas where you were at risk of hitting someone (6-8 and maybe 9).
9 misled me to believe the shot was around the trees straight ahead while it was way right...my fault for not looking, but the sign and tee position seem odd.
Other Thoughts: This is a cool little course on a peninsula right off the interstate. If you are driving up or down I-85 you can dive right off and take a quick 30 minute break with some pretty decent disc golf.
I wouldn't want this to be the only course near me but I found it an awesome little quick pit-stop on the way to my destination.
The course and park seem pretty well maintained and it looks like there is a club there that is working on getting a full course installed...I hope it works out and would love to come up and play it.

Not too shabby.

1    10/17/2009   10/17/2009
Review By: JBryant
This review was updated on 6/17/2011
Pros: I liked the fact that it was a short 9 hole. Alot of times you are humping your A off but this was a breeze. Don't get me wrong. I am perfectly fine with alot of walking, but this little 9 holer was just right!
Cons: LOTS of ant hills. Maybe just the season for it but man were they everywhere. Chances to lose discs if you stray a shot due to water. BUT doubtful if you are a decent tosser.

Summertime means no disc golfin. Too many beach goers.
Other Thoughts: Loved the beach feel. I could see another 9 going in but again they would be short as well. Overall I think it wasn't as bad as the last few reviews. I live in Simpsonville and if I'm ever in Anderson I would def. play again.

During peak beach/grill/boat season it could get ugly on that course though. Many many picnic tables have you in range to ding some heads. Well worth a trip at least once if not more.

derwin

5+    1/3/2001   8/27/2009
Review By: robbiepitzer
Pros: Its right on the beach. Plus you can get there by boat or car. I love the fact that you can play it two or three times without really feeling it. A lot of trash cans and bathrooms.
Cons: its short. I heard that there might be a back nine in the works. But as the way it is now, its pretty short
Other Thoughts: if you are looking for a place to play and cook out this is the place for you