5 Helpful / 4 Not
C = needs more development
Pros: Note: I played this course shortly after it opened. This review reflects the course as it was when I played it. Thankfully lots of work has gone into improving it - can't wait to play it again!
What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C+ (Most of the holes are too long or shaped too wierdly to go for a birdie.....so you play putter, putter, putter, drop-in. Boring! I drive 300' accurately, BTW. On too many holes you are just throwing towards a wall of trees - no real fairway defined. This is easy to fix, and may have already been fixed.)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B- (See above. Also, many are too short to be rewarding)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+ (This is a strength of the course design)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A (The scenery is by far the most impressive part of this course! I was dissappointed that the quality of the holes did not come up close to the same level)
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C- (Most of the multishot holes had no landing zones or "strategery" designed in. And most are too short for legit par 4's).
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
5 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.