3 Helpful / 0 Not
Beautiful but needs some LOVE
Pros: The course is located within the park and the setting is absolutely beautiful. So for starters the course has a positive going for it just because its location.
- Good hole layout variety with 3 straight / 3 straight with water / 2 left / 1 right. Although the length of the course is a little short, this variety offsets that and it is still fun to play.
- Great hole type variety 3 average open / 3 woodsy / 2 corridor / 1 pinball. I would consider this a "technical" course. The longest hole is 336'. It's the trees that will kill you.
- Tee signs that were present were average. They indicated next tee box which was helpful. See photos.
- Course terrain adds a very nice aspect to the course. See posted photos for variety. The hilly setting provides for nice hole variety which compensates for the shorter length of the course.
- Very peaceful place to play if you like backwoods secluded type courses where you can breeze through or take as much time as you want. Nobody else playing during my round.
Cons: - The course appears to be part of regular park maintenance, but it still needs work on several holes.
- Tee signs and tee boxes are needed for holes 2 and 3.
- low lying branches on some holes are a nuisance and should be cleared.
- Some type of tee pads need to be installed. The lack of tee pads has created unlevel footing areas to throw from.
- No course map
Other Thoughts: - You need to turn right just before the sign in the posted pics and the bridge over the creek.
- There was a playground at the parking area that was old but well kept. There is also camping nearby with clean campsites should you decide to take the family.
- With a little more care this could actually be a very good or excellent course - especially since it is only 9 holes. My guess is that this course rarely gets played - it's in the middle of nowhere, and that's precisely why I went to check it out. See also my detailed course review in the "links".
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.