Muskogee, OK
Civitan DGC Share
Uploaded By: scarpfish Hole #2 (Taken 4/2011)
3 / 309ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Citivan in Muskogee

1    8/8/2012   8/8/2012
Review By: Jbot49506
Pros: This course is wide open with decent disc catchers. There are some nice long holes that allow you to really chuck the discs to your max. It had some slight elevation changes, and its par is fairly reasonable for a first time player at the course, maybe slightly off for newbies. If you use the walking paths as out of bounds it makes the course a lot more challenging.
Cons: If you are looking to play in the summer show up real early as it gets HOT quickly. I was there at 7am this morning and there were tons of people walking on the paths in the park. This is not a big deal if you are able to demonstrate a little patience. There were a few holes that were a bit off distance wise unless I was throwing better than I have ever thrown by 50ft or so. The tees read a bit longer than what they actually are in my opinion. There are a few holes that made me play a little more reserved than what I would have if cars were not 20ft from the catcher. I think it was holes 5,6, and 7 that are blind, you will actually need to walk and find the pin in order to locate it. There are also a few holes that have private backyards that are fenced in, I managed to find my way over a fence on a blind hole and had to walk all the way around there fence down the driveway due to the barbed wire on top of the fence. I was unable to find the tee all together for hole 9.
Other Thoughts: Overall I will certainly play the course every time I am in town, I shot 7 under my first time playing with out playing hole 9. Bring lots of water and play early in the day to avoid the heat and wind. I know the area has plenty of wind year round.

Good smaller city course, but needs improvements

1    4/11/2011   6/21/2011
Review By: scarpfish
Pros: Good intermediate skill level course that has elements that both advanced and beginner players will like as well. Has very good length and distance variety. Uses the park's elevation very well with a good variety of uphill and downhill shots. Flow is very logical and its easy to find the next tee provided you can find the sign. Very challenging for trying to master handling the wind (and oh does it blow here). The uphill shot on Hole #17 was my favorite.
Cons: No tee pads (more on that later). A number of the holes have safety issues with being close to busy roads, the park roads, other park amenities, namely the shelter near the baskets for 8,9 and 18 and the walking path which circles the park, which for a weekday during work hours was pretty busy. On some of the blind shots, because you can't see the basket, you can't see the possible danger lurking (namely people on the walking path) there either. Hole #10 has Hole #11's teebox in the line of fire. Too open IMO. The biggest obstacles you will likely face are the length and the wind (thankfully its long, and thankfully its windy).
Other Thoughts: This is one of those parks that could really benefit from having tee boxes poured. Granted, the signs mark the approximate tee location, but in many cases, I wasn't sure what side of the sign to tee off on. It definitely makes a difference. Also had trouble finding the fairway on Hole 9 due to there being no sign up, so I made my own Hole 9 where I thought it would be. Not spectacular by any means, but the best thing between Tulsa and Ft. Smith.

Civitan

5/17/2008   5/19/2008
Review By: ixcptmorganxi
Pros: Well kept grounds with long holes and few trees make this a paradise. The park is beautiful with nice open drives. There are enough trees to make it a challenge but not too difficult. Nice variety of shots and very good signs.
Cons: Pedestrians can get in the way easily. One of your throws is near a playground so watch out for kids trying to steal your disc. Two of the signs were down but we still found the holes easily.
Other Thoughts: Concrete pads would be a nice addition to the course. Nice terrain with good upkeep. A lot of fun to play.

Civitan - Muskogee, OK

9/9/2007   3/11/2008
Review By: DG_Wizard
This review was updated on 3/13/2008
Pros: This course is nice because it is one of very few in the area. It is fairly open, and VERY long. There are not many places to lose discs. Most of it is just get from here to WAY over there. The grounds are kept up and signs are dead on. There are quite a few interesting holes that are Par 3 and over 400'.
Cons: No concrete tee pads. Sometimes joggers get in the way. I don't like the blind hole around the fenced off area in the middle of the park. There is also one hole that is too close to a busy street IMO.
Other Thoughts: I often play this course when visiting relatives in the area, and I would recommend it if you are close. Even mix of holes for forehand and backhand throwers.