1 Helpful / 0 Not
Another average school course.
Pros: 1) DGA signs with Hole # distance and par only. It's better than nothing . . . at least it helps you find the next tee.
2) DGA Powder Coated Blue just like so many in the Eastern WI area. Just like LTC.
3) Nice variety in distance of holes. It ranges from 160-365 which is alwas a plus because it allows different types of shots into each basket.
4) Basket placement is key to making this course as interesting as it is. If the ground was all flat and the baskets all straight out it would be a 1 disc course, but because they placed at least 4 of the baskets on a hillside the course has some redeeming characteristics.
5) The course avoids the other activities on the school grounds fairly well until Hole #8 (runs alongside the shotput pits) #9 which goes slightly across a soccer field and runs very close to the track. Other than that the course would be playable most of the time the public would be there . . . although they do not want people there during school hours (and I do not blame them).
6) Beginner friendly course but still has some challenges for a decent range of skill levels. It is fairly easy for most people, but the length of a few of the holes would still challenge some higher level players.
Cons: 1) The walk from Hole #3 to #4 is fairly intuitive but it is a long way and the teesign is not visible until you are very close to it. Basically walk all the way down the crushed stone path to the right of #3 basket and play behind all the other sports fields.
2) Fairly simple course with not a lot of excitement. It is just a little too plain for me to enjoy over and over. The baskets make it what it is though otherwise it would be just lame.
3) Grass tees are always a negative, but it doesn't receive enough play for them to be worn down at least.
Other Thoughts: Just another simple school course checked off my list of ones to play in Wisconsin. I would only return if I had nothing else to do and was in the area. With that said it is decent and does have some redeeming values like the basket placement and the distance variety. It is one of the better school courses I have played however, but now after seeing so many courses I just can't rate these simplistic designs very high. It is still disc golf and that is still fun fo rme no matter what it is, but I am less and less interested in playing these types of course. It was still enjoyable though and it was nice the rain let up enough for me to get out and play on my trip to Green Bay for the Packers/Viqueens game. Go Pack Go!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Multi use means limited use for DG
Pros: This course is easy to find with any GPS since it is literally on the grounds of the high school. There is a gas station nearby with beverages and facilities and there seems to be ample parking.
Cons: Because of it's location, there are limited times the course can be played. As the front page noted, play can not be done during school hours and I'd like to add that after school activities limit play even further. The first three holes are back and forth in an open field that is outlined by a walking track. Missed throws can come close to the track and others using the school grounds. As you get into the higher holes it rings the football field and starts to head over to other athletic fields that could be in use by the high school.
Other Thoughts: If you're going to go to this park, do yourself a favor and wait until school is out for the summer. You'll have a better chance of having the freedom to finish the course without intruding on student use of the facilities.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.