Clute, TX
Clute Park Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #8 (Taken 8/2009)
3 / 267ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Bird of prey on basket #8

Putt, Approach, and Ace Runs

1    4/29/2010   4/29/2010
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
Pros: On arriving at this course, I didn't immediately see the baskets so I wandered around for a minute, found the baskets all crammed into one corner of the park. On finding a tee box (number 3) it took me another 10 minutes to find the basket associated with it, and another 10 minutes to find number 1. Then on returning to my car I thought it would be silly to carry my entire bag for this course from what I'd seen, so I considered doing the two disc thing, but in the end I figured what the heck, one disc should be sufficient, so I looked in my bag and picked the one midrange disc that I figured I could drive and putt with, and I needed the most work on. I headed over to hole one with my Hawk in hand.

Layout. Actually quite clever use of trees give this very short and otherwise uninteresting course a unique challenge.

Number of people. I was the only person on the course, and during my time spent in the park after playing the course I never saw anybody else play it, expect to have the course to yourself, besides a few other people wandering around using the playground or exercise equipment.

Putt and Approach. A perfect place to practice accuracy shots around and through trees.

Ace Runs. Come get your first Ace, every hole is an opportunity if you can weave it through the trees.
Cons: Cramped. A very small area for a disc golf course, good thing there wasn't anybody else playing or it could have gotten dangerous.

Short. No length, like I said, a mid range was all I needed to play this course, leave the drivers home.

Navigation. Like I said, I had a difficult time finding hole one (on the other side of the playground from the first parking lot on the left) then from each tee I could see nearly every other basket, it was a guessing game of which one to throw at, of course I could have walked up and checked, but was too lazy and a couple times ended up throwing at the wrong basket.

Signage. Signs could of course help with navigation, each hole had post with the hole number, some of them had a distance and a rough sketch drawn on in a marker. These posts are perpendicular to the hole (if you're looking directly at the number, the hole should be directly to your right?) this confused me on several holes, as usually the numbers are parallel (looking directly at the number should also be looking towards the basket) this may be why I had a difficult time figuring out which basket belonged to which tee.

Tee boxes. Dirt is sufficient I suppose, I wouldn't expect anything more from this course.

Multiuse park. People all over, most of them totally oblivious to the fact that I'm throwing a disc around.
Other Thoughts: A good place to work on putt and approach, a good opportunity for an ace, bring only one disc for a decent challenge, I found it kind of enjoyable though I would not go out of the way to play it.

Favorite Hole:

Number 2. An Accuracy shot between two trees in the shape of a V, I found it rather enjoyable even though I couldn't make the hawk do what I would have liked it to do.

Putt putt

2-4    2/13/2010   4/4/2010
Review By: kuhlmarl
Pros: Shady, pretty easy to find your way around it. Nice little park with walkers and joggers. Good practice for short game and putting
Cons: When it rains, this course stays under water for a long time. No driving holes. 9 holes are packed into a small area, so you don't really feel like you're going anywhere.
Other Thoughts: I live nearby so I have gone here a few times, but the course at Dunbar in Lake Jackson is much more interesting to play.

redesign me

1    2/17/2008   1/9/2009
Review By: Omega SuperSloth
This review was updated on 8/20/2009
Pros: in a nice area well maintained park restrooms close by , shady, friendly locals.
Cons: too short, pitch and putt only, coundnt find any alternates,its a shame this could be a really cool park, real easy to light it up for night play the holes could be lengthened without expansion so if anybody in clute reads this let us know if we can help and post something if you hear anything or changes are made
Other Thoughts: if you drive to surfside and there are no waves you could come by here and wait em out or if your in the neighberhood and want to cross it off your list then stop by . unless i was in town and had nothing to do i wouldnt play here again without a redesign