Hanover, PA
Codorus State Park - Pines Mini DGC Share
Uploaded By: jblough   (Taken 6/2010)
Baskets #3 and 4

My First Mini-Course Review!

1    7/20/2013   8/19/2013
Pros: So this was the first official Mini DGC in a U.S. public park. It's set just off the parking area very close to the regular 18 hole DGC here.

The 9 hole course starts with hole 1 in the open and then holes 2-7 play through the Pine trees before coming out into the open again for holes 8 & 9. The course features official SSMDG target baskets (I have no idea what SSMDG stands for? Something-Something-Mini-Disc-Golf??). Anyway, they're nice little baskets.

The hole lengths seemed to be just right for a mini-course, to me? The tees were marked by colored rocks and there were two sets, the red and the blues.
Cons: Hard for me to tell what's a CON on a mini course. I'm hardly an expert.

My biggest concern with a mini course in a public park would be how easy it would be to vandalize these baskets. They're not made as solidly as regular baskets.
Other Thoughts: The course was basically flat, through the Pine trees. I guess it would be a nice change of pace after a grueling day playing Codorus Blue and Red courses. It was nice not carrying my bag over my shoulder!

starryone

5+    10/10/2009   7/30/2010
Review By: starryone
Pros: A mini course in a public park! Nice tee markers. Flows smoothly. the SSMDG targets are sweet. Its always nice to leave the bag in the car!!
Cons: Short ( yes even for a mini course)
Other Thoughts: I won the first tournement held at this course.

Miniture 9 hole

2-4    10/8/2009   11/5/2009
Review By: Joe Hollywood
Pros: Fun little 9 hole. Starts out in the open on hole 1, then holes 2 - 7 are mostly in the woods where it loops around coming back out near where you start, then holes 8 & 9 are in the open again. Nice little layout for some quick matches. Great way to settle a tie on the full size course or just to have a little fun with out carrying around all your full size discs. Two different tee off spots for each hole (red tee & blue tee).
Cons: This is the only mini course I've played so far. That being said I don't find much wrong with it. I don't expect a mini course to have full size tee off boxes. This one had square rocks with a painted red or blue hole number. There wasn't anything to tell you were the hole was in relationship to the tee but then again it's a mini course and you don't really have to walk all that far to see the hole from the tee.
Other Thoughts: All in all it's a fun "mini" course. My brother and I use this as our finishing game to give us another chance to get a win against the other for the day. It's funny, we must look like two little kids running around to each hole throwing are marker disc around and laughing.